Default Music help please.

I'm trying to make a music CD.

BUT I am trying to use the new version of windows media player & it's totally incomprehensible to me. I used to be able to open a CD track list, click the track I wanted & drag it to a new folder & bingo! Track saved to new folder. When I had the tracks I needed I would then burn the CD.

This seems totally impossible with this new version. It won't let me drag anything, despite it telling me that this is what I have to do. It just comes up with red circle with a diagonal line through it & refuses to copy the track.

It's my Brothers Wedding in a months time & I need to make this CD for it.

Anyone know of a better (and preferably free) programme that is good at simply taking a track from a CD, putting it in to a folder & then burning the folder on to a blank CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post

Anyone know of a better (and preferably free) programme that is good at simply taking a track from a CD, putting it in to a folder & then burning the folder on to a blank CD?

I don't know the last time I even used Windows Media Player! I much prefer iTunes myself, it's simple to create a new folder/playlist (which you can later burn to disc) by dragging tracks. The only time I ever get a problem similar to that you describe is if I've moved a track to a different location on my hard drive at some point after it's initial addition to my library and iTunes can't find it in it's original location. Something like that couldn't be the cause of your problem could it, Tim?

I've found the Windows 7 version of WMP fairly easy to use but then I've not tried to mix and match tracks from different albums only to copy the whole of a CD.

I bought Nero and that works well...

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The shiny side of the CD faces *down*....