Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

No, it's not! Gosh, maybe we should have made it clearer.

Si.

I thought it was clear enough. I even guessed who it was modulated as well but thats more because I recognised that actors voice. Don't panic though Si, I think its fairly obvious. Or will be in episode 2.
    I thought it was great by the way. Loads going on, two sets of Doctors, the mysterious Orvos and a load of cameos and it wasn't confusing at all. Well done Si. It could so easily have become very disorientating.
    Oh and Martin made me laugh on the station platform today.

Also when the hell did we record this? I don't remember doing any of it aprt from the scene I did recently.

I'm starting to doubt my sanity now... it is Professor Bonham isn't it? Or am I getting it entirely wrong again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post

Si.
    See, that's who my villain B was, but as I said a lack of accent, and a (hopefully) famous chuckle had me thinking it was more likely to be Villain A.

I've got my suspicions about "Orvos" (is that a canon spelling btw? ) too....
    Bazinga !

My favourite bit is Martin saying "Yes, do your wiki Rikcy and then sighing to himself." That's made me laugh out loud both times I've heard it

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

So did anyone notice that Ant Williams plays THREE different characters in this episode? You can hear Young Ant in the first scene after the credits yelling out "Make the Doctor pay!" as well as his roles as Ricky and Scott.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post

Si.
    Oh ****! Then even I don't know who it is!!

That said if it's genuinely not Professor Bonham then I'm genuinely relieved. Some of the continuity I spent so much effort working into Merry Christmas Rob McCow is saved!!

I promised previously that I wouldn't reveal the identity of the returning villain prior to the broadcast of episode 2 but anyone who's still confused may find it helpful to learn that the actor concerned was NOT Andrew Clancy.

Well then, to quote, "I'm confused..."

Going all Pixley for a moment...

I was asked to play a role in this play on the 27/4/2010, but faffed about until 22/5/2010 before sending through the first audio file. I then broke for sandwiches, and to avoid a flaming sofa hurled at me by Keith Boak. I've got an email with the scripts for The Next Universe and Once Upon a Time Lord dated 8/6/2010, which would indicate that recording was the weekend of 12-13/6/2010 (for my bits the two plays anyway).

As I recall, I stole the voice that SiHunt was planning to do for the Wolf to play the Woodsman, but he forgave me after RTD broke in for lunch and said we were both marvellous.

Thankfully, Julie Gardner was on hand to dissuade Russell from eating Rufus and Rosie, as he was trying to quit smoking at the time and went all Lennie on us.

I'm not Andrew Pixley, signing off.

PS. It's not me on the cliffhanger either.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Well then, to quote, "I'm confused..."
    There's a rather obvious clue from Jon's reference to a familiar chuckle and in the play Orvos tells the Doctor "you must fight your oldest fight!" which can only really suggest one character who to date has only appeared in one previous Planet Skaro audio just over three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    There's a rather obvious clue from Jon's reference to a familiar chuckle and in the play Orvos tells the Doctor "you must fight your oldest fight!" which can only really suggest one character who to date has only appeared in one previous Planet Skaro audio just over three years ago.
    ****!

IT'S THE KROTONS!
    Last edited by brandynigma; 19th Mar 2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: A four letter word for excrement gets through the profanity filter...

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    I promised previously that I wouldn't reveal the identity of the returning villain prior to the broadcast of episode 2 but anyone who's still confused may find it helpful to learn that the actor concerned was NOT Andrew Clancy.
    I never thought it was him!

This actor is much better than him!
    By the way, I guessed correctly, but like Paul said earlier in the thread I think I just know that person's voice quite well.

The fact that no-one seems quite sure who the mystery villain is may even be better! Find out next time!

Though nobody has guessed Kestero yet

There's some wonderful recasting in this too. Jonno has stepped up to replace a distinctive Northern accent with something altogether more... Interesting! And Emma is superb as the new June River. Si much more to say, but I think everyone has done a great job with this.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm feeling a bit embarassed now - when I heard the end of part 1 on Saturday I just took it to be Professor B straightaway, so didn't feel any uncertainty and therefore no need to relisten to 'work it out'. It's not the first time I've been wrong about these things of course (sadly Admiral Piett never did turn out to be "there is another" Jedi) and probably won't be the last!!

Still, I rather like the idea of a cliffhanger that's (presumably unintentionally) still left some of us full of mystery!!

See that's why I went and relistened. Hearing the character concerned call Scott "my boy" made me somehow think of Magical History Tour probably as a result of hearing Ricky again earlier in the same episode but there was something nagging which is another reason why I didn't want to say who it was until I'd had confirmation.

Oh and when I heard the filter I did briefly wonder about Kestero from The Christmas Gnomes but I somehow knew it wasn't Jonno.

I thought it was Emma playing June and I take it she was playing Rasty as well?

Oh how wonderful! I'm so glad the character in the cliffhanger is still a mystery. Personally I thought the voice was rather distinctive, but I'm so pleased you're all still guessing... though Richard may just be right

I was asked to play a role in this play on the 27/4/2010, but faffed about until 22/5/2010 before sending through the first audio file. I then broke for sandwiches, and to avoid a flaming sofa hurled at me by Keith Boak. I've got an email with the scripts for The Next Universe and Once Upon a Time Lord dated 8/6/2010, which would indicate that recording was the weekend of 12-13/6/2010 (for my bits the two plays anyway).
    That helps Brendan. I remember the weekend now. I came down on the sunday and recorded Once and some of Next Universe. Was that the weekend we filmed something?

Oh how wonderful! I'm so glad the character in the cliffhanger is still a mystery. Personally I thought the voice was rather distinctive, but I'm so pleased you're all still guessing... though Richard may just be right
    Its good isn't it?

I did all my bits for the story with Ant at Si Hunt's place sometime ago. I really can't remember when, but must have been a while before Ant left for the USA.

I know bits and pieces were done when we did Time Bees and Once Upon A Time Lord too.

I think maybe it would've helped to have just one more line spoken in the character's real voice as a lot hinges on the final line.
    The actor concerned is such a nice man in real life (although for the record so is Mr Clancy) so I'm also embarrassed to have not recognised him straight off as he did sound familiar under the filter.
    I almost made a comment expressing surprise that the character concerned wasn't in this story but I'm glad I held back now.

It's time to unveil the truth...

I AM THE RASTON WARRIOR ROBOT!

Si.

I just want to crawl under my desk now!

Coo.

Si.

I was convinced the Raston Warrior Robot was Steve's sister or Sarah Greene doing her Attack of the Cybermen role again.

That's not really a compliment is it? I may pop up again as a different character before the story is out.

Si.