As a teen it would have to be Warrior, the greatest British comic ever. Wiped the floor with 2000AD and everything else at the time. Axel Pressbutton, Father Shandor, Marvelman, V for Vendetta of course, and a showcase of all the greatest British comic talent of the day. Moore, Moore, Gibbons, Neary, Parkhouse, Bolland, Dillon, Lloyd... pretty much everyone.

Same again, because it's a good 'un.

Transformers Comic, every week. Year on year, things would get more ludicrous in the comics as they had to introduce dozens of new Transformers and find fictional excuses for such follies as:
    - Pretenders: Transformers that hid in a giant, spacesuited human shell. Unfortunately to scale these 'humans' would be about twenty meters tall. The Decepticons hid in similarly outsize animals. Makes for a cool toy, but how does a wolf the size of a house fulfil the edict 'Robot in disguise?'
    - Headmasters: Not only am I a Transformer, but my head also Transforms into a small robot. Sorry, I can't fight you today, my head has turned into a small robot and gone AWOL. The epitome of silliness was Fortress Maximus, a giant Transformer who's head was another Transformer... who had yet another Transformer for his head. Actually, I remember quite enjoying their explanation for this!

Are there any Britpop bands left that you'd like to see make a comeback?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I had heard that Suede have reformed with original line up. Despite being predominantly a hard rock fan and having a dislike for brit pop, Suede were a superior beat combo and I saw them live during the Dog Man Star era.

Which band of the past is the most overrated for you?

I know they're technically not 'of the past' because they're still going, and my father-in-law would be appalled if he heard me say this, but... The Rolling Stones. I just don't 'get' it - I've heard a lot of their songs in my time, but not one that I'd care to hear again. What am I missing?

If you want to answer the question 'What am I missing?' go to page 28
    If you want to answer the question 'Which modern pop act do you think will still be around, rather than gone & forgotten, in 20 years time?' go to page 179.

Buster.

Was Supergirl a horse flogged too far?

Si.

Wrong page. Sorry!

I think McFly will still be around as they write good songs and seem in a nice place.

When's your next holiday?

Si.

May - our mini honeymoon at the hotel in Portmeirion. Then a grand tour of Italy next year.

If Curse of Peladon is an allegory of Britain joining the EEC, which countries are the Ice Warriors, Arcturus and Centauri representing?
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

The Ice Warriors are the proud, tech-advanced, I don't particularly militaristic Germans, but it fits in with the Martians' personalities; Centauri is Belgium - well-meaning but prissy Poirot; and Arcturus is France "NON! well all right, but on our terms!"

How long before the bad weather comes back then?

Should be a few weeks before the weather here creeps up above the 40's. In the UK - bad weather is always a week away. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Is there anywhere that serves a non-fattening lunchtime meal?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Nope. But it's only fattening if it contains more calories and fat than your body uses. So go for a jog with that haddock and chips.

My kitchen doesn't necessarily do fat free, but it does do healthy. My rascal was sent to work today with gluten free pasta, with smoked hollandaise salmon, wilted spinach and toasted courgette, olives and red pepper, a banana, a plum and a tin of fruit cocktail. A Pepperami too, but that's very optional. But it's not a gym night for her tonight. Tomorrow she'll be given something more substantial.

What food do you find most moreish?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Saville View Post
    Tomorrow she'll be given something more substantial.
    And afterwards she can eat a hearty meal.

What food do you find most moreish?
    Pringles!! Doritos! Peanuts. And most chocolate really.

What is it about Pringles that makes them so moreish?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    And afterwards she can eat a hearty meal.
    No complaints from her or myself. Husband has a Playstation 3 so his needs are met too.

What is it about Pringles that makes them so moreish? They don't seem to do my favourite pringles in most places, thankfully. I used to go through stacks of them. It's almost certainly some MSG class additive that on closer scrutiny should be banned. :-)

I'm currently having fun preparing for tomorrow's Dungeons and Dragons (well, Pathfinder) game. Do you play RPGs or are they just too darned geeky, even for a Who fan?

You're speaking to someone who actually knows the difference between proper D&D and Pathfinders is merely semantic. Pass the d20!

That'll catch a few folks out I'm sure. When was the last time you were thoroughly confused?

At a meeting in work today. I didn't have a clue what anyone else was on about!

Have you ever fallen asleep during a meeting?

Meetings are prime snooze time for me. If you can get half your brain to sleep at once you can usually get away with it, though people might wonder if you're winking at them.

Earthquake, hurricane, flood, fire - have you ever been caught in a disaster?

No, thank goodness. I slept through the 1987 and 1990 hurricanes!

What's your favourite UK city?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I really don't know! London I suppose, though Manchester is nice.

Is there anyone at work that really annoys you?

Si.

PS I hope Mike sent his rascal out with a tin opener to go with the tin of fruit cocktail

Yep. He's an absolute tosser. Which wouldn't be too bad if I weren't self employed.
    And rascal doesn't need a tin opener. I've been teaching her MMA and wrestling- it'll be a suitable test for her...

What's the best bit about your job?

Oh, well it's difficult to choose. I love so much of my job, but I think the thing that gives me most satisfaction is chatting to kids about the books they love and seeing so much enthusiasm for reading despite all the other things that compete for their time.

What's your opinion of facial hair?

It's all fine & dandy on evil supervillains, but in the real world I find it a right pain having to shave every morning. So on a purely selfish level, I don't like it!

Which of Tegan's outfits is your favourite?

None of them, which is good because I can't really get into them these days...
    They were all pretty much what was awful about 80's fashion- and I wasn't into 80's fashion in the 80's.

So which companion had the best costume to you?

Peri when she first arrived on the TARDIS.

Was that predictable as ever, Doctor?

Oh yes, but we wouldn't have you any other way Tim!

Who was the last person you spoke to?

rascal's husband, Owen, has just gotten in from work, so him. She's tucked up in bed, bless her.

Do you do well on your own, or are you a two definitely (or more) person?

And if that's not a loaded question coming from you...

I tend to get on better with tasks generally if I'm left on my own, if that's what you meant.

Is the spring finally here? or is it last year's summer suddenly putting in an appearance?