Since going back to work on Monday, a lifetime ago

What's the next thing to happen this year that you're really looking forward to ?
    Bazinga !

A holiday in Oman at the end of the month.

What makes you calm?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I get up in the morning, and don't read the script til bedtime. Go with it. I don't do stress, I don't pursue possessions and I meditate in the park. I only remember being less than calm once in the last five years. It works for me.

Do you keep your head when all about you are losing theirs?

I am apt to have the odd hissy fit or Mary Queen of Scots "Och, wheer's ma heed?" moment. I have no idea why I'm called Corporal Jones...

What sort of films do you watch?

I like action - thrillers or crime (not just mindless shoot-em ups). Anything involving long meaningful looks between characters, or characters who 'go on a journey' are a waste of celluloid.

What was tha last film (cinema or TV) that you gave up on before the end, and have never seen the finish ?
    Bazinga !

The Lord of the Rings - after half an hour of the first film I could hear the angels calling to me, and saw a long tunnel beginning to form before me, so I switched off the DVD before dying of boredom. It - was - sooooo - dull.

Should I be ashamed of myself?

No Andrew, you shouldn't be ashamed of yourself.

You should be CAST OUT from the Shire and made to walk 5,000 miles to Mount Dooooomed!

Where would you rather be right now?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

On a beach in Mauritius.

Same question.

Where Steve is so I can lok after him while he has these awful migraines.

can you remember the last time you did a jigsaw?

I helped number 2 son do a jigsaw over Christmas.

Which old friend, that you haven't seen for such a long time, do you miss the most ?
    Bazinga !

My best friend David, who lives in Swindon. Since I last saw him, he's had tons of medical problems, lost two children to miscarriage, become a husband, a dad and an uncle, and where was I? With Miley Cyrus in Hawaii for the last six months, why should I care anymore? We've known eachother for 36 years, but the phone's not the same.

What do you care most passionately about?

Being born in the UK just outside London, I'd probably have to say house prices. Or more realistically, family.

What are you going to do this week?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh dear, now it's a week later do I answer what I was going to do that week or this week? And if I didn't do what I was going to do that week should I tell you what I did do rather than what I was going to do but didn't? AAAAAAH, you're destroying my mind!!!

Or, alternatively, I'm going to work until Friday and then hopefully popping to Lidl on Saturday, then dropping in to see how Mum & Dad are getting on, and if I find the time I might make a start on a little project I have in mind. (And also a bit of dog walking, cat cleaning, and yer general chore-based razzamatazz.)

Toilet seat up or down?

Depends what I'm doing at the time

Favourite panel show at the moment ?
    Bazinga !

I don't know if it counts, but we've both really enjoyed '8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' the past few weeks - it's a stupid idea, but just somehow really works. If that doesn't count, I've got to plump for (reruns on Dave of) Would I Lie To You, which is particularly funny when David Mitchell starts ranting and/or Lee Mack is winding him up.

Have you managed to avoid the really bad weather?

Yes, I've been in Antarctica!

Thank goodness I wear trousers. That is all.

Whose was the last company you really enjoyed? (And remember PS will be reading your answer...))

Assuming you mean people other than those I live with, I had a nice coffee morning with DidyDoc yesterday, chinwagging and putting the world to rights. We do it two or three times a week, but yesterday we has some lovely people at the neighbouring table too, Which was nice.

When did you last chuckle to yourself over a fond memory?

Just yesterday. My Father-in-Law passed away just over a week ago and we are planning his funeral. We were going through a few old photos and a lot of them brought back very happy and sometimes funny memories.

Has anybody's journey into work been greatly affected by the tube strike?
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Sorry to hear your news Duncan, but it's good that you can summon up those happy summaries!

I normally hop on a tube from Westminster to Victoria as part of my commute home - these past 2 days have forced me not to be a lazy sod and WALK!

Where's your favourite UK city, and why?

I like so many, for so many different reasons. I do like Newcastle, clearly, or I wouldn't have been here for 28 years, but I think I have to plump for York. Fabulous architecture, fabulous ales, and just a great sense of history.

Is there any place you were really looking forward to going, and left feeling it had been somehow mis-sold?

Chelmsford was typically Essex - concrete and brick, and all it had going for it was the cricket ground and the cathedral. And Winchester was a bit smaller than I expected.

How old are you next birthday? or if you're too embarrassed to tell us, how old were you last birthday?

I will be 39.

What's your favourite comedy sketch?

Two Ronnie's 'Four Candles'. Classic.

What are your plans for the coming few days (pre-weekend) besides work?

Well, weekend has been and gone, and I had a couple of days with my daughter, attended Newcastle Munch, planned some stuff for this week's Pathfinder game and had a rather sumptuous Chinese meal.

The coming few days, I was hoping to be an extra in the shooting of Macbeth up at Hadrian's Wall this week, but alas despite being able to pull off hairy, grizzled, world weary and tough fighter, I was unable to pull off 6'3". Ah well. So, I shall have coffee with Diddy Doc, make some more cardboard buildings (no, I'm not homeless again ), and plan to take over the world.

If you ruled the world, would every day be the first day of spring?

No, we've had enough flooding as it is! (Note to overseas readers: the British seasons in order of worsening weather - autumn/fall, winter, monsoon season, cricket season.)

Are you going away on holiday this year? (Lots of people are suggesting I just go away...)