Thread: BBC Breakfast

Default BBC Breakfast

I watch this every day with my bran flakes. This week Sian has left and, presumably also not keen to move to Salford, now Chris Hollins has gone. Good job too, he was really annoying!
    Chris Hollins has made his final appearance on BBC Breakfast.

The morning programme's sports correspondent appeared on the show for the last time, having originally joined in 2005.

He told fellow hosts Bill Turnbull and Louise Minchin: "I'm actually very touched, my first OB (outside broadcast) was in the Isle of Wight. It all went wrong, I should have known then what was going to happen in the next seven years."

He joked: "I've gained a couple of chins over the past seven years."

Talking about his favourite moments on the show, he said: "I've covered two fantastic World Cups, the one in Germany was amazing. Royal Ascot was my favourite part of the diary.

"Being on the sofa every morning has been brilliant. Thank you everyone at home, I'll be back for the Olympics."

BBC Breakfast's Sian Williams made her final appearance on the programme last week after 11 years.

Williams and Hollins confirmed their departures last year after the BBC's plans to move the show to Manchester.

Chris Hollins recently told Digital Spy that his "dream job" would be replacing Bruce Forsyth on Strictly Come Dancing.
    I'm going to miss Sian, and I wonder if it will be the same?

Anyone else a regular viewer? It beats Daybreak!

Si.

I think we should hear from your bran flakes on the matter.

Chris Hollins is odious. I quite liked Sian.

But now I have a double dose of Crossroads in the morning and I feell much better for it.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

What annoys me about BBC Breakfast is the patronising reports. They obviously stage these things as if they are training up to produce BBC Drama. They always send them all over the country to report on things that they could report on just as easily from the studio. And they speak to you like you're an idiot!

But I will miss Sian and her reading glasses. She was one of us I tells you!

Si.

Bill Turnbull just grates on me so much. The way he tries to make a joke to his co-presenter as the camera pans away to local news is just awful! I do like the weather girl though - she's very bubbly!

I watch it every morning too Si (albeit with Cheerios not Bran Flakes). There's sometimes a little hint of desperation to some of the 'stories' but I will miss Sian, if only because she seemed to keep that Turnbull in check!! Steph the business lady is a bit of a laugh too.

When are they actually moving to Salford (or are they already there, and have moved up the same furniture to save money)?

I really can't stand Charlie Slate. My all-time favourite of his many bloopers was when he was interviewing Jamie Cullum and mentioned that Cullum had written the title song for the Clint Eastwood film Grand Torino except Charlie referred to it as "Gran Turismo". Goodness only knows how Jamie maintained his composure when Charlie instantly realised his mistake with growing horror.

I'm sorry that Chris leaving passed me by yesterday as I went as far as recording Sian's farewell last week. Yes, I am that sad.

Did they actually do anything for Sian's farewell? And have they found a replacement yet?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

As far as I can tell they've just made Susanna Reid work more mornings.

There was an emotional farewell I gather (and some clips) but it was at the end of the show, so only the unemployed or sick got to see it.

Did anyone see Steph's location feature yesterday? She was talking to the owners of a new British Vinyard (it was a slow news day) and got their names muddled up. Now, if all concerned had kept quiet nobody at home would have been any the wiser but one of the old duffers decided to pipe up and make a big show of telling her about her mistake in the middle of the feature.
    "Well, it's quite understandable in a vinyard!" she ad-libbed, although since nothing had been planted there yet this joke made no sense whatsoever.

Si.