View Poll Results: Fourth Wall - What did you think?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ratings Winner!

0 0%
  • Renew it for a new series

3 100.00%
  • Languishing in the backwaters of audience popularity

0 0%
  • Wield the axe!

0 0%

Default BF 157: The Fourth Wall

What did we all think of this? It was a refreshing story, some good ideas on display although very derivative of stories like "Carnival of Monsters" and "Soap of Fatal Death".

We liked the idea of the characters all meeting the actors! And a nice resolution twist at the end.

Flip, the new companion, is in barely half this story though.

Si.

I'm presuming she's not been written out in this story then which is good news if true. I look forward to catching up with this trilogy in the near future.

I may just be not spoilering you. Do you want to know?

Si.

Well it was only a presumption which I'm not taking as read. I'd prefer not to know any more at this stage as I don't know anything about the recent plays.
    On a seperate note Lisa Greenwood will be back in series 2 of The Hour

Does Richard really still not want to be spoiled for this one?

After The Curse of Davros even having shit squidged into your ears would come as a blessed relief, so it is with great pleasure that I say that John Dorney's 'The Fourth Wall' was very enjoyable. If I didn't give it top marks, it's because I think Dorney under-achieves in his writing and is capable of doing even better.

The Doctor and Flip are flapping about with the Space Time Visualizer when a big dose of wibbly wobbly timey wimey sucks Flip (or was that flips Suck?) into a television reality, the 3DTV Show called 'LASER!'

Although I enjoyed the play, there were a lot of things that never really became clear, such as what was so special about the 'Immersive' TV show. The Reality bending technology is so ludicrously powerful, how on Earth did anyone get their hands on it? Also the very large cast of 'Real' and 'Actor' people made it too easy for me to get lost on who was whom.

Good but flawed. And I think that flipping writing flipping Flip out of half of it was a great idea on behalf of Mr Dorney, though in typical Bum Furnish style Brick Niggs on the CD extras declares it to be a bold and exciting move. Whatever.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!