Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It's not Colditz, it's the trilogy where she came back, "A Thousand Tiny Wings" and the other two!

Si.

Big Finish Nominations in the Scribe Awards

Three Big Finish productions are nominated in the Scribe Awards

Big Finish is proud to announce that three of its productions have been nominated in the Best Audio category of the Scribe Awards, which honour excellence in media tie-in writing.

The three Big Finish nominees are:

Dark Shadows: The Lost Girl by D Lynn Smith

Highlander: All the King’s Horses by Scott Andrews [from the Highlander Season Two boxset]

Doctor Who: The Companion Chronicles – The Many Deaths of Jo Grant by Mark Wright and Cavan Scott

The award winners will be announced at a ceremony at Comic-Con in July.

Big Finish is pleased to announce details for six more tales of horror and intrigue as part of its popular Dark Shadows range. The new subscription package kicks off in July with Operation Victor.

The adventure, by Jonathan Morris, sees Quentin Collins (David Selby) finally leaving London in the 1940s. Kidnapped and taken to Germany by the British Secret Service, he finds himself up against sinister Nazi scientist Doctor Moloch (Terry Molloy). Accompanying Quentin is the enigmatic Sally Green (Fay Masterson).

The adventures continue with Speak No Evil and The Last Stop. Written by Scott Handcock, Speak No Evil tells the story of what happens when a sinister circus visits Collinsport, whilst The Last Stop, by David Llewellyn, sees a man trapped on a never-ending train journey and forced to make a choice that will change his life forever.

October's and November's releases are both by writers new to Big Finish. Dreaming of the Water, by Kymberly Ashman, is a psychological thriller set at Windcliff Sanatorium. The Haunted Refrain, by Aaron Lamont, tells the story of a bored housewife discovering an abandoned gramophone player. And then discovering what's trapped on it...

The year ends with A Collinwood Christmas, by acclaimed writer Lizzie Hopley. The story sees one member of the Collins family being offered the opportunity to turn his life around. The entire future of Collinwood depends on what choices he makes on a cold and lonely Christmas Eve...

June will be a month of special offers at bigfinish.com, with a series of two-days offers appearing throughout the month

It all begins at 6pm on Friday June 1st until 8am on Monday 4th June, with a celebration of the nomination of three Big Finish productions in the Scribe Awards, which honour excellence in media tie-in writing.

The three Big Finish nominees are:

Doctor Who: The Companion Chronicles – The Many Deaths of Jo GrantKaty Manning plays Jo, in this story by Mark Wright and Cavan Scott. The CD and download will be on offer for £5.

Dark Shadows: The Lost GirlKathryn Leigh Scott plays Josette, in this story by D Lynn Smith. The CD and download will be on offer for £5.

Highlander – Series Two Box SetValentine Pelka, Richard Ridings, Marcus Testory and Peter Wingfield return as The Four Horseman. The episode All The King’s Horsemen by Scott Andrews has been nominated. The boxset and download will be on offer for £20.

Also, June 5 and 6 will see an astronomical phenomenon called the Transit of Venus… In recognition, Doctor Who: The Companion Chronicles – The Transit of Venus will be available on CD and download on these two days for just £5. The story is performed by William Russell as Ian Chesterton, and the acclaimed script is by Jacqueline Rayner.

Further exciting special offers for June will be announced soon!

More Sale items at Big finish

June 15th- 18th will see the adventures of Jago and Litefoot on special offer with series 1 of their adventures being reduced to £20.00 for CD or download, you will also be able to pick up their Companion Chronicle, The Mahogany Murderers, for an additional £5.00.

June 17th-20th offers a trio of tales featuring the Celestial Toymaker, including the Sixth Doctor Lost Story The Nightmare Fair, the Seventh Doctor, Ace and Hex in The Magic Mousetrap (£10.00 each) and a Companion Chronicle featuring India Fisher as Charley Pollard called Solitaire (£5.00).

June 19th-21st has the Sara Kingdom Companion Chronicles trilogy on special offer for £15.00 as a bundle or £5.00 each. The stories include the rather excellent Home Truths, The Drowned World and The Guardian of the Solar System. All three are by writer Simon Guerrier.

June 21st-23rd puts forward Big Finish’s Stargate range, while June 23rd to 25th Sherlock Holmes take the baton as the first series of stories starring Roger Llewellyn will be available at a discounted rate.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Interesting. It's a shame it's not Series 2 of Jago & Litefoot, they did an offer on S1 a while ago and I got it then.

£5 is the right price for a sale on a main range CD. £10 just doesn't cut it, some of those are years old and you can get them for that price on Play at any time!

Si.

Might be tempted by the Sara Kingdom bundle!

They're very good!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    June 21st-23rd puts forward Big Finish’s Stargate range, while June 23rd to 25th Sherlock Holmes take the baton as the first series of stories starring Roger Llewellyn will be available at a discounted rate.
    Just to clarify a little (courtesy of Vortex magazine):

June 22nd & 23rd: Stargate Season 1 - £5 per release or all 6 for £25

June 24th & 25th: Sherlock Holmes Season 1 - £5 per release or all 4 for £15 including a free download of "The Speckled Band" (recommended release!)

June 26th & 27th: Doctor Who Short Trips - £7.50 each or all 4 for £20

June 28th & 29th: Drama Showcase - £5 each or all 4 for £15

For those who were interested a reminder that the Sara Kingdom Special Offer is now active and will run until 8am BST on Friday 22nd June.

£20 for all four Short Trips isn't bad!

Si.

There's only 3 and they're £15!

Was RBJ's post wrong? Is there no-one you can trust these days Unstoffe?

Si.

There are only three Sara Kingdom plays, Si was referring to my previous post about the offers coming up next week.

I'm slightly bemused that the Short Trips bundle is only £20 when they're retailing at £7.50 each. In any case I shall almost definitely be getting those and the Drama Showcase plays (again a steal at £15 for 4).

There was a deliberate mistake in my original post as there are in fact only 3 plays in Sherlock Holmes season one (not including the short story reading of "The Speckled Band") which having just checked originates from the advert in Vortex.

I'm not sure I will ever need the Drama Showcase plays.

Si.

Well I certainly wouldn't buy them at full price but I'm glad Big Finish aren't afraid to try new things occasionally and hopefully they can't possibly reach the nadir of the comedy releases range...

I think it's a shame we haven't had more of the classics range that started so promisingly with The Phantom of the Opera.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    For those who were interested a reminder that the Sara Kingdom Special Offer is now active and will run until 8am BST on Friday 22nd June.
    I've just ordered them :-) I have to say, the BF website isn't the easiest thing to navigate your way around.... but it's better than it was.

To be honest I'm not much of a fan of these limited time offers as I like to have a bit of time to consider before parting with my hard earned cash.
    I was bit annoyed that the one they were running over the Jubilee weekend only ran for the Saturday and Sunday as with all the goings on I forgot about until the Bank holidays by which point it had already finished much to my irritation.
    I suppose BF are getting more sales from these than they were from their previous sales of all the releases everyone's either already bought or in some cases (ahem Robin Hood, comedy releases) doesn't want to buy but I think they'd get more sales (particularly from me in relation to the Dark Shadows offers I've missed out on) if the offer windows were slightly longer.

It's a marketing ploy, isn't it? Every time the balance sheet looks a bit red, they plump some oldies up at half price for two days and make a bit of an event of it.

They're not the only company to do this!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It's extremely telling with regards what's sold and what hasn't. The same items crop up in the sale year after year, suggesting they must have hundreds of unsold CD's of them in a warehouse somewhere.

Si.

Sell them as novelty coasters, that's what i'd do...

New cover...

Blimey! So the new outfit is "canon" now! Nice haircut too!

Hmmmm I don't like it. To me, the Eighth Doctor will always have long hair and the frock coat.

I wonder if he comes back for the 50th, whether McGann will get his way with his "new" costume?

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I love the new outfit!

It's about time he ditched that awful frock coat!

Hmm... will this tempt me to buy it? What do you think?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!