Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Isn't that Eccleston's outfit? Are they going to have him regenerate just as it ends??

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Isn't that Eccleston's outfit? Are they going to have him regenerate just as it ends??
    No it's not, for a start the jacket's navy blue and not black. It was unveiled as the 8th Doctor's "new look" in New Zealand last year and I'm reasonably sure the answer to the second question will be a no as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    No it's not, for a start the jacket's navy blue and not black. It was unveiled as the 8th Doctor's "new look" in New Zealand last year
    Well actually it was October 2010 and the new sonic screwdriver was made by the Weta Workshop!

New Eighth Doctor Costume Revealed

Nearly 2 years on we're still awaiting confirmation that McGann is to star in a Doctor Who movie directed by Peter Jackson...

Oh dear! Dalek Empire is down to £4 a CD. Shameless promotion as well!

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status.../photo/1/large

The new podcast includes a preview of the latest Lost Stories release, you can hear the opening episode of The First Sontarans free of charge:

The First Sontarans Preview

Also available are previews of episode one of The Butcher of Brisbane:

Bonus Episode Podcast

And the opening of Vesuvius Falling from the upcoming boxset Bernice Summerfield - Legion:

Bernice Summerfield Podcast

Big Finish's Doctor Who licence has now been extended through to December 2015!

Doctor Who Licence Renewed
    Last edited by Richard Brinck-Johnsen; 30th Jul 2012 at 3:17 PM. Reason: I can't spell the word "licence"!

Superb news.

Si.

Here here! I've just subscribed to the Tom Tamm season

God And Monsters... The Truth Revealed!

For years, it has all been leading to this... It began with a time storm that whisked young Dorothy McShane away to Iceworld... Now the game reaches its climax with Doctor Who: Gods and Monsters, which pits the Seventh Doctor against his bitter enemy Fenric from 1989 TV story The Curse of Fenric..

Gods and Monsters is the whole era of the Seventh Doctor encapsulated in one story,” says producer David Richardson. “Script editor Alan Barnes has performed a masterstroke – like a grand chess master, he’s been moving his pieces around the board for some time... The TARDIS turned white in The Angel of Scutari... A black TARDIS appeared in Robophobia... Aristedes (Maggie O’Neill) stepped into the audio range in Project: Destiny... Sally Morgan (Amy Pemberton) was introduced in House of Blue Fire...

“And over the last couple of months, in Protect and Surviveand Black and White, the pieces have come together. We have a lost Doctor, two TARDISes, four companions and the epic battle to end all epic battles among the elder gods in a higher dimension. With Haemovores!”

Obviously it would be a shame to keep those Haemovores quiet, so shown here is the real cover for the story.
    Doctor Who: Gods and Monsters is released in September. It is written by Alan Barnes and Mike Maddox, directed by Ken Bentley, and stars John Standing (NYPD Blue, The Line of Beauty) as Fenric and Blake Ritson (Upstairs, Downstairs, DaVinci’s Demons) as Hurmzid.

Having the TARDIS turn black and white occasionally... I don't know how that Grand Chessmaster of plot arcs does it!

Si.

As this is not explicitly Doctor Who related it doesn't get its own thread so...

THE CONFESSIONS OF DORIAN GRAY ANNOUNCED

Big Finish Productions is pleased to announce details for its brand-new audio horror series - The Confessions of Dorian Gray. Inspired by Oscar Wilde's classic story of hedonism and corruption, The Confessions of Dorian Gray imagines a world where Dorian Gray was real, and his friendship with Oscar Wilde spawned the notorious novel

The Confessions of Dorian Gray begins with their final encounter in Paris at the dawn of the twentieth century, continuing right through to 2007 and the present day.

Alexander Vlahos (The Indian Doctor, Privates, and soon to make his debut as Mordred in Merlin) will star as the eponymous antihero.

'We couldn't have been luckier in the casting of Alex,' says producer Scott Handcock. 'I've worked with him a few times now, and he's one of the most instinctive and exciting actors I've ever seen in studio. He's a real pleasure to work with and has been wonderfully committed to the project from day one! We have demons, romances, possession, ghosts - you name it! All of which offer fascinating glimpses into the mindset of Dorian Gray. And Alex has most certainly risen to the challenge!'

A series of five half-hour episodes will be available to download weekly from October this year (priced £2.99 each or £12.99 for the series) and has been written by regular Big Finish contributors David Llewellyn, Scott Harrison, Gary Russell, Scott Handcock and Joseph Lidster. A Christmas special will then follow in December.

Fans who want a taste of what's to come can enjoy Alexander's debut as Dorian in the forthcoming Bernice Summerfield story Shades of Gray, available as part of the Legion box set from September.

Speaking of which. There is now a trailer online for Bernice Summerfield: Legion

and also Iris Wildthyme Season 3 has now been released!

Ok what's with the bizarre uncertainty around weather or not to spoiler the returning foe in "Gods and Monsters"? They go to all the trouble of making a fake cover for it, then announce it anyway only a week after "Black and White" comes out - the preeceding story which doesn't reveal it anyway. The preview in DWM then uses the fake cover but nonchelantly discusses the name of the enemy in the text!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    A new trailer for Dark Eyes is now online

I love that cheap costume-shop nurses uniform.

Si.

Shame about the obvious Doctor-nurse joke...

Having heard the trailer the notion of someone from WWI finding out about WWII seems oddly familiar but I'm still going to use it anyway. Dammit.

Details of this year's 2012 subscriber freebie have been announced...

Every single year, Big Finish Productions rewards Doctor Who main range subscribers with a brand new story absolutely free! This year, the full cast audiobook in question is Night of the Stormcrow, starring Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor and Louise Jameson as Leela.

Night of the Stormcrow finds the Doctor and Leela trapped on a mountain in a storm and while around them the locals go mad or fight for supremacy, all are awaiting the arrival of a terrible creature known as Stormcrow...

Night of the Stomcrow is written by Marc Platt, directed by Nicholas Briggs, and guest stars Chase Masterson (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) and Ann Bell (Tenko, The Forsyte Saga). All subscribers whose subscription includes December release 1001 Nights will also receive a copy of this story absolutely free! Alternatively, you may ask for it as your free CD or download with any 12-month main range subscription, or pre-order the story now! It will be released in December 2013.

I'm sure those who currently only buy the Fourth Doctor Adventures and aren't too bothered by the main range are delighted by this news...

Don't worry, I suspect it'll be available to buy at some point...*sigh*

December 2013 - which I suppose it some consolation after they refused to release the last two years' specials - The Four Doctors and The Five Companions - to anyone other than subscribers.

Hang on though, this is an incredible offer if you subscribe, but that's the point. They need to keep the range running (I'd say "make money" but I think keep it going is nearer the truth!) and there'd be no point in giving an incentive to subscribe if they made it available to everyone else as well as then the incentive would dissapear and what would be the point? Those that subscribed to the Tom season got what they paid for, this is a bonus to persaude people to invest in them and hopefully you will all do that to hear the release!

Si.

And if anyone's going to buy any of the specials... Is that bullet wound the reason why you're limping, Mr. Briggs?

Complaints about the subscriber bonuses are very silly, IMO. They are the equivalent of the bonus mini eps Moffatt has on the DVDs- they are a reward for buying the product.

Additionally, when you subscribe for 12 months, you get the December bonus, and a single CD release of your choice- which can be ANY bonus from the range (including T4D or T5C).

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

For what it's worth I don't have any problem with them doing the subscriber bonuses and they obviously do work as they've kept me occasionally remembering to catch up with the main range for several years.

I just think it's a little bit off using the Fourth Doctor for it when he's *never* been in the main range and as someone who pre-ordered the first two Fourth Doctor seasons for 2012 and 2013 including the Lost stories boxset months in advance I feel a bit cheated finding out there's a new Fourth Doctor story coming out in December which I now won't get unless I spend more money.