Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

How do you claim the single cd bonus?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Hang on though, this is an incredible offer if you subscribe, but that's the point. They need to keep the range running (I'd say "make money" but I think keep it going is nearer the truth!) and there'd be no point in giving an incentive to subscribe if they made it available to everyone else as well as then the incentive would dissapear and what would be the point? Those that subscribed to the Tom season got what they paid for, this is a bonus to persaude people to invest in them and hopefully you will all do that to hear the release!
    That I can see. Trouble is, not everyone has the time, money or inclination to buy and listen to everything; so if you want a particular bonus disc and it's never going to be available unless you commit yourself to selling out £xyz and getting all this other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    How do you claim the single cd bonus?

Si.
    It used to be that you would email them your free choice- now you pick it from a drop down menu of single disc releases when you subscribe, which is nifty!

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

DWM 452 confirms a new classic adaptation following the acclaimed production of The Phantom of the Opera.

This time round Tom Baker is to star as Long John Silver in a brand new full cast production of Treasure Island

They're recording the very last Gallifrey today.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Oh well... All good things etc.

In other news January's release "The Wrong Doctors" by Matt Fitton will apparently include an audio version of the Doctor's first meeting with Mel.

Whilst this has technically already happened in at least one BBC Book it will be the first version to actually feature Colin and Bonnie.

As someone once said in something I may have vaguely written: "Continuity galore!"

The write up in DWM sounded very intriguing, as if the writer was taking all this continuity on board and working around it.

It's the wrong Doctors, Gromit!

... and they've gone WRONG!

Confirmation of Treasure Island from the Big Finish website:

Big Finish is delighted to announce a brand new full-cast adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's classic adventure yarn Treasure Island, written and directed by Barnaby Edwards, and starring Doctor Who's Tom Baker as Long John Silver, Nicholas Farrell (The Iron Lady, Chariots of Fire) as the Narrator and Edward Holtom (Sherlock, Oliver!) as Jim Hawkins. And all pre-order copies will be signed by Tom Baker!

Recorded in August this year, this piratical tale of treasure and treachery also features the vocal talents of Tony Haygarth (A Private Function, Chicken Run), Gareth Armstrong (Doctor Who: The Masque of Mandragora, Blake's 7), Tony Millan (Alexei Sayle's Stuff, Citizen Smith), Nicholas Pegg (Doctor Who, Doc Martin) and Nicholas Briggs (Doctor Who, Lewis).

'Ever since we did The Phantom of the Opera,' says Barnaby Edwards of his previous full-cast literary adaptation, 'I'd wanted to adapt another classic novel for audio. Treasure Island was always on my list of possible titles, because it's simply one of the most exciting adventure stories ever written, but other projects supervened and the idea went on the back burner. It was only when Tom Baker let slip he'd always fancied reprising the role of Long John Silver - a part he'd played to great acclaim in a 1981 stage version - that the project was revived. Then, sooner than you could say 'Pieces of Eight', it was full sail ahead for Treasure Island!'

Treasure Island will be released on triple CD and download in March 2013 as part of the Big Finish Classics range. And don't forget that all pre-order copies will be signed by Tom Baker himself...

I was hoping they'd adapt Business Unusual as the first Mel and Doctor story but with Courtney gone I suppose it was unlikely. Shame as I really liked that book. It captured the characters very well indeed from what I recall.

As good as they were the continuity from Gary Russell's Sixth and Mel novels pretty much went out the window as far as the audios were concerned when they had the Mel meet Evelyn in Thicker Than Water as opposed to their book meeting in Instruments of Darkness.

It'll be interesting to see if Fitton does manage to tie it all together somehow.

I blame the Time Lords.

Why don't you blame the Coalition, like everybody else?

New trailer online for Doctor Who - UNIT: Dominion

...in which the Seventh Doctor locks horns with a new incarnation played by Alex Macqueen.

We are *so* borrowing one of Raine's lines!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    New trailer online for Doctor Who - UNIT: Dominion
    As Nick Briggs pointed out yesterday, the storyline was approved for this 2 years ago and then Chris Chibnall kindly went and wrote a TV episode featuring UNIT and cubes...

Also no one has ever commented on the fact that Lucie Miller first appeared on the TARDIS in a remarkably similar manner to Donna Noble, in a story which was broadcast only Radio 7 (as was) only a week after The Runaway Bride was transmitted.

New Doctor Who Spin off announced featuring a character no one has even heard of yet...

STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE STAR GETS HER OWN AUDIO SERIES!

Big Finish is delighted to announce that Chase Masterson, best known to science fiction fans for her role as Leeta in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (the Star Trek spin-off which ran from 1993-1999), will be getting her own audio series as the impossibly glamorous bounty hunter Vienna Salvatori.

Vienna makes her first appearance in the upcoming Doctor Who full cast audiobook The Shadow Heart, which stars Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Titled simply Vienna, the new series launches with a pilot episode in February 2013 called The Memory Box, in which Vienna is on the run from the law, standing accused of murdering a rich industrialist – a crime she may or may not have committed. But is anything quite what it seems?

“In Vienna, Jonathan Morris has created a character who is smart, sexy and a great deal of fun,” says co-producer David Richardson. “And Chase just exudes charisma and star quality. When the two came together during the recording of The Shadow Heart, it soon became clear that we had something wonderful.

“The script for The Memory Box is outstanding, and it’s our hope that the audience will embrace Vienna and a series will follow."

Chase Masterson says: "The Memory Box is a great romp. As with The Shadow Heart, writer Jonathan Morris takes us on a ride packed with twists and turns and farce - it's big fun.

“And Vienna is one of my favourite characters ever: the endearingly incorrigible killer we loved to hate in The Shadow Heart - completely unapologetic, even charming about her day job as a mercenary assassin. Plus, she usually manages to land on the side of justice. Vienna's quite a turn-on - I think you'll like her as much as I do."

Vienna: The Memory Box is co-produced by Mark Wright, directed by Ken Bentley, with sound design and music by Jamie Robertson. Executive producers are Nicholas Briggs and Jason Haigh-Ellery. The first episode is available at a special low introductory price of £5 for both CD and download. It will increase to full price a month after release, so pre-order your copy now!

Is it April?

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Vienna
    At long last, a spin-off series about the further adventures of Rigsby's cat. Oh, hang on...

I thought it read Vienetta...

I like a Mint Vienetta.

Well when the CD of that comes out, I'll join you in the queue for it.

Big Finish will be telling the tale of the Doctor's original flight from Gallifrey in 3 Companion Chronicles from November.

I'm rather disappointed. I always though this should be a story that is alluded to but never told.

Big Finish will be telling the tale of the Doctor's original flight from Gallifrey in 3 Companion Chronicles from November.

I'm rather disappointed. I always though this should be a story that is alluded to but never told.

Oh and I didn't mention the musical did I? Starring Katy Manning and Melvyn Hayes... Oh my.