Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I assume this is DWM news? I can't help thinking for the sake of those of us who don't get it on subscription or in my case just aren't at home when the postman delivers it we should hold back on exclusive news at least until the day it actually arrives in shops (ie tomorrow).

Oh for goodness sake- it was in the shops today. I picked it up and read the news in the local shop at lunchtime.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Sorry. Well it's the shop's fault for putting it out a day early then 'cos it's definitely not due till tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Oh and I didn't mention the musical did I? Starring Katy Manning and Melvyn Hayes... Oh my.
    Oh my indeed! Will Melvyn be playing Gloria...?

You know what? I've been putting up the news from DWM for years on PS and no-one has ever complained about it being early. If it's around for subscribers or even in the shops then it's out there to the world at large and publication date or not I think it's valid to go up on PS.

However if you'd all rather I didn't do it, then I won't bother in future.

Big Finish will be telling the tale of the Doctor's original flight from Gallifrey in 3 Companion Chronicles from November.

I'm rather disappointed. I always though this should be a story that is alluded to but never told.
    I shall be interested to read more details of this once BF announce it but I can't help agreeing that this does seem to be adding an unnecessary layer to the series mythology.

This November or next? Has this news been reported or is it off the grape vine?

I have to agree with Si. If this story had to be told, I'd rather the TV series somehow reveal it. It shouldn't be up to a licensed spin-off to tell such an important story.

Si.

Next November. Story was in DWM. A day early, apparently.

Si, keep doing it. Sorry, but if we start playing that game there's always going to be someone who hasn't bought it yet/had late post/didn't get hold of the issue etc.

Planet Skaro's stance on spoilers and news is, once again, that if it has been published or press-released by the BBC or a licensed/official organisation, then it is fair game to talk about without a spoiler tag/warning.

Si.

And there are those of us who don't get DWM any more.

I apologise profusely for causing offense. My initial post was only intended as a suggestion rather than a direct criticism.

If I came across more harshly than intended I would just plead mitigating circumstances in light of the fact that I'm about to face two rather difficult days for differing personal reasons and this morning I had to discuss the preparations for Friday in some detail.

Anyway I'd prefer to draw a line under the whole thing.

To go back to what I tried to say earlier I do also feel rather dubious about Big Finish tackling the Doctor's original flight from Gallifrey. As Mr Hunt says it would be much more preferable to see it done on TV if we have to at all.

No offence taken Richard. All forgotten

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Rumour has it there's a Tom & Matthew season coming up...Apparently Matthew mentioned it at a signing today. Fingers crossed... Could be rather wonderful!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

My mouth just dropped open!

Talk about in Davison's pleasant open face!!

Rumour has it there's a Tom & Matthew season coming up...Apparently Matthew mentioned it at a signing today. Fingers crossed... Could be rather wonderful!
    Well who's touched Adric with a bargepole? It's a novelty, and if Tom's mellowed towards Matthew, it'll be the best chance he'll have of not being mercilessly ribbed by his co-stars.

NEW LOOK FOR BIG FINISH DOCTOR WHO
    10 December 2012

From January next year, we'll be joining in the Doctor Who 50th anniversary celebrations with a gorgeous new look for our titles.

Yes, we've redecorated - and we're sure you'll like it. The new logo and cover design can be seen on subscriber special Doctor Who: Night of the Stormcrow, out this month for those who've taken out a main range subscription including Doctor Who: 1001 Nights. The story can also be pre-ordered now in advance of its full release in December 2013.

CD subscribers will also notice a fresh new look in the CD booklets as well, with a revamp done by our superb 'in-house' designer Mark Plastow, who also designs and lays out each issue of our free magazine Vortex, creates covers and had a lot of input into the look of the website - amongst other things!

The revamp will begin with January's releases. Doctor Who: The Wrong Doctors, by Matt Fitton, finds Sixth Doctor Colin Baker (1984-1986) beginning a new trilogy of tales with Bonnie Langford playing Mel, a companion sadly absent from the main range since 2007's Doctor Who: The Wishing Beast - but now back and very much making her presence felt as two quite different Mels!

Doctor Who - The Companion Chronicles: The Flames of Cadiz finds Ian at the mercy of the Spanish Inquisition in Marc Platt's first purely historical tale for us, when the Doctor and his friends drop by Spain early in the sixteenth century.

And last but by no means least, Doctor Who: The Auntie Matter by Jonathan Morris begins the second series of Fourth Doctor Adventures, starring Tom Baker as the Doctor (who he played on TV between 1975 and 1981) and Mary Tamm as Romana. The pair kick off the run of seven stories by finding themselves embroiled in a tricky situation which wouldn't look out of place in a PG Wodehouse novel...

Keep an eye out, as well, for stories which tie in to the 50th anniversary in a big way - there'll be a gorgeous anniversary TARDIS logo on these special releases...

starring Tom Baker as the Doctor (who he played on TV between 1975 and 1981)
    Spot the deliberate mistake...

Doctor Who - The Companion Chronicles: The Flames of Cadiz finds Ian at the mercy of the Spanish Inquisition in Marc Platt's first purely historical tale for us, when the Doctor and his friends drop by Spain early in the sixteenth century.
    Nobody expects the - erm, stop me if you've heard this one before...

I realy like the cover and the synopsis!

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I hate the new logo with a passion. Sort of thing that probably sounded great, but didn't turn out so well in practice. It's a shame that we're going to see it just about every piece of merchandise from January onwards.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Didn't Platt do Mother Russia and that one where Maureen O'Brien is in a cave for the whole story?

Si.

Both of those had aliens in them I think.

I'm probably being a bit thick, but although I can see a new logo I can't see a new 'cover design'. How is it different to the current ones? Or do they mean that every cover from now on is going to have Bonnie Langford on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I'm probably being a bit thick, but although I can see a new logo I can't see a new 'cover design'. How is it different to the current ones? Or do they mean that every cover from now on is going to have Bonnie Langford on it?
    I think that the font's changed (!)

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Oh.

Would I have to hand back my anorak or something, if I admit that I can't muster any enthusiasm for a new font. I'm only just managing to care about the logo!