Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

£2.99 plus £1 postage per item if its yer actual book.

If you haven't read Mervyn Stone then get them now - they are ace.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

With the additional postage charge of £1 per item it basically works out as £4 per hard copy which is still good value considering the original publication price for most of the hardbacks was £14.99 -

well it suckered me into filling in the blanks in my Benny book collection plus getting the Mervyn Stone trilogy and the CD version of Love songs for the shy and cynical.

Coming tomorrow at 11am: a major announcement of a new range of Big Finish audios...
    Another announcement?! Gosh! Wonder what it could be...

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

They are announcing their a***es off at the moment aren't they?

All I know is that this one probably involved John Dorney.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Apparently it's something to do with remaking missing episodes of a Non-Who TV Show..
    I'm hoping it's Crossroads!

I can't think of a TV show with missing episodes that anyone would give a hoot about. Unless it was The Avengers, in which case subscribe us now!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quatermass and its ilk?
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Quatermass, Doomwatcg, A for Andromeda... something like that!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Number 96?

Si.

They've heard about my Crown Court idea!

Number 73?

Adapted by JOHN DORNEY!

Si.

Starring Nick Briggs as Steed and David Warner as that other bloke. Featuring all female parts played by Beth Chalmers and India Fisher.

Oh my word!!! Does that mean I'm going to have to get used to someone else playing Steed other than Pat?? Anyone who mentions Ralph Fiennes will get a sharp swift kick in the bowlers.

I think so, Dave. I guess we'll find out at 11...

Here's the announcement:

Big Finish Productions is delighted to announce that it has signed a licence with STUDIOCANAL to produce full cast audio productions of 12 lost episodes of the classic TV series The Avengers.

Discover the very beginning of this television classic, as we meet John Steed for the first time! Lost for over fifty years, the missing episodes have been lovingly recreated on audio from the original scripts.

The Avengers first launched in 1961, and starred Ian Hendry as Dr David Keel and Patrick Macnee as the elusive and suave John Steed. Beginning with the murder of Keel’s fiancée, and his sworn intent to avenge her death, that first year comprised 26 episodes. Sadly, only two of them exist in their entirety as film prints (Girl on the Trapeze and The Frighteners), while just the first act remains of the opening episode, Hot Snow.

Working from the surviving scripts, Big Finish will be presenting the adaptations in three four-disc box sets. The scripts will be adapted, with minimal changes, by John Dorney, the director is Ken Bentley and the producer is David Richardson. The executive producers are Nicholas Briggs and Jason Haigh-Ellery.

“We are absolutely thrilled to add this wonderful series to our catalogue,” says David Richardson, “and we look forward to faithfully recreating those classic lost episodes. We have two brilliant, high-profile actors for the roles of Dr Keel and John Steed – look out for an announcement of the casting once recording begins in July.”

"This opportunity confirms the enduring appeal of this classic TV series and the resonance of the SC collection in the context of British Film and Pop culture," says John Rodden, General Manager Home Entertainment at STUDIOCANAL.

Volume 1 of The Avengers: The Lost Episodes will be released in January 2014 (and includes a full recreation of Hot Snow), with Volumes 2 and 3 following in July 2014 and January 2015.

A-****ing-vengers?

A-****ing-mazing!

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Very intrigued to know who they've cast as the two leads!

I wonder if they'll manage to get any of the original supporting cast back to reprise their characters. Funny to think we'd have Doctor Who plays like this if we didn't have the full missing episodes on audio.

Well, I've pre-ordered them.

They could get Murray Melvin back- he was in Hot Snow!

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

That'd be cool!

Oh my!
    Big Finish has signed a licence with the estate of the acclaimed writer Terry Nation to make the 1970s post-apocalyptic drama Survivors on audio. The series ran for three seasons between 1975-77 and told the story of a small group of people who survive a plague that wipes out most of the world’s population.

Like Nation’s TV show and novel of the same name, the audio series will begin with the terror and torment as a global pandemic breaks out, and gradually the very fabric of society falls apart. These terrible events will be told through the eyes of a handful of characters whose lives are changed forever…

A number of actors from the original TV series Survivors will be reprising their characters for the audios. These will be announced once recording commences later in the summer.

Survivors – Series One will be released in June 2014; the box set will comprise four hour-long full cast audio dramas.

You can pre-order here: http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/comi...erse/survivors

Hmmmm not sure about this. So does this mean they are just re-creating the stories that were shown on TV to audio??

And does anybody have any thoughts on Survivors recently having been on TV...?