Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Absolutely marvellous!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dalekkiller View Post
    I read the well mannered war as a E-book and I really disliked the ending. Which was Roberts's way of saying season 18 didn't happen and therefore isn't real Who
    Ah, Gareth Roberts was later asked about that in an interview for DWM and denied that that had been his intention. I think it was more of a joke than anything.

It seems Lalla and Tom might just be recording together...

Great interview! Last time I saw her being interviewed (Loose Ends, Radio 4) she deftly side-stepped a question about Tom. Hopefully the relationship is thawing....

Really nice interview.

Recording is underway on Doctor Who: Damaged Goods, the audio adaptation of the acclaimed novel by Russell T Davies.

Damaged Goods finds the Seventh Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) travelling with companions Chris Cwej and Roz Forrester, who appeared throughout many of Virgin's New Adventures stories.

This, however, is their first appearance on audio, and we are delighted to announce the casting...

Chris Cwej is played by Travis Oliver, who is perhaps best known to Doctor Who fans for playing Milo in the TV episode Gridlock.

Roz Forrester is played by Yasmin Bannerman, who has also been in Doctor Who on TV - as Jabe in the story The End of the World. This is Yasmin's third Doctor Who for Big Finish - she was in The Bride of Peladon and The Fourth Wall.

Also starring in Damaged Goods are Michelle Collins (EastEnders, Coronation Street, Doctor Who: 42) as Winnie Tyler, and Denise Black (Queer as Folk, Coronation Street) as Eva Jericho.

Chris is looking good

I can't say I'd noticed
    I notice they've not made any mention of the fact that a clone of Chris previously appeared in one of the Benny audios played by someone a lot less photogenic.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    I can't say I'd noticed
    Calm down!
    Mind you, if he were tall, blond and hunky like he was in the books, well...

ZOMG! I still think I might be dreaming...

Doctor Who: The War Doctor

On the plus side, John Hurt (!) doing audios on the minus side - Big Finish time war. Guh. I might be alone, but I don't want them to do this. The Time War is never going to be as nasty and insane as high-concept sci-fi as it should be.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I do think you're right, but in another sense - with this incarnation of the Doctor being lumbered with what's basically the follow-up to Gallifrey, but with Daleks, as the only storyline he's probably going to ever have... John Hurt as he was in his less serious bits of DotD, travelling through time and space - what a wasted opportunity! It's not BF's fault, i don't blame them. I'd have been interested otherwise...

I think this attitude is a little 'defeatist'. I DO think we should see the Time War. For a start, if you introduce a massive concept, an era-spanning conflict in the series that occurred when it was off-air, people are going to want to learn about it, and with mediums of comic strip, audio and feature film, it surely CAN be done justice. Also, and I address the other point here, there's no reason why a massive war can't provide the backdrop to any kind of adventures. We don't know that the Doctor didn't get blasted down a CVE by a Dalek War Ship at some point and spend a few years exploring a different Universe before returning to battle. And even at the height of the war, there can be moments of triumph, pathos and so on. There are no limits, except to the imagination.

Si.

There are no limits, except to the imagination.
    ...said the speaker at the opening of the 2015 Doctor Who Merchandisers conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    There are no limits, except to the imagination.
    Seriously Si, absolutely seriously, I'd love you to be right. If only we could rely on BF to show some imagination.

I don't know if anyone else round here still bothers with the Big Finish podcast but recently I entered a couple of their competitions and whilst listening to last Sunday's episode (22/7) was surprised to hear Nick Briggs read my name out as being the latest competition winner. Sure enough on checking my Big Finish account a download of Callan volume one had magically arrived in my account and on Tuesday a CD copy arrived in the post (they'd even sent it first class which they almost never do for regular orders). At some point soon I may actually listen to it as I've quite enjoyed the extracts on recent podcasts.

Well done Richard! I'll be interested to hear what you think of Callan, if only because on the face of it Ben Miles and Frank Skinner don't seem obviously 'similar' to Ewar Woowar and Russell Hunter.

(I realise that sentence implies that I've entirely misunderstood the principle of 'acting' but you know what I mean...)

"Ewar Woowar" suggests you've either misunderstood the principal of spelling or gained an intimate knowledge of Finnish politics.

No, no, I've simply de-D'd Mr Woodward!!

So, like Peter Sellers, "You have de-D'd me! I do not like this game no more!"