Default Which story would you most like back?

Poor old Season 4- it's the most missing season, with not a single complete story to its name.

So of all the gems contained within this season, which one would you most like to have back, and why?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

EVIL OF THE DALEKS. EVIL OF THE DALEKS. EVIL OF THE DALEKS!

~ahem~

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Either of the two historicals for me, with The Macra Terror coming a close runner-up. Probably edging to The Smugglers, in fact. I like a bit of swash and buckle! (Even if there's not actually all that much swash.) I know that these aren't the 'classics', but I just kind of feel I'd enjoy them more, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. Southall View Post
    I like a bit of swash and buckle!
    Ah! so that was you that I saw in Soho!

Part of me would want to say either or both of the Dalek stories; that said, I have a sneaking regard for The Faceless Ones.

Actually, I'm really excited about the return of an episode of Galaxy 4. I'd also be delighted if the Myth Makers turned up, simply because it sounds such a hoot.

But to be honest, I'm going to be predictable and say that The Web of Fear is probably the best of the missing stories. The one episode we do have is so atmospheric and brilliantly shot, light-years ahead of most of the other Doctor Who from the same period. And it would be great to have all of Lethbridge-Stewart's episodes in existence.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Ahem... that's the next season dear.

From Season 4 you say? Hmm!

Power of The Daleks! Awesome.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'd forego the obvious pleasures of Power and Evil, forget the iconic last episode of The Tenth Planet and miss out historicals and go for...

THE MACRA TERROR.

I have a feeling this one was pure class. Troughton at his most anarchic, inspiring revolution in a fascistic colony, giant crabs (for goodness sake GIANT CRABS!), Polly with short hair, The Doctor in the tumbling machine (I'd love to see that scene) and the Doctor awarding himself 11/10! Oh go on, find this one. I'd love to see it!

I'd like to see the rest of The Faceless Ones turn up! The episodes we've got are really very good, particularly the scenes with the Commandant and Samantha - it'd be great to see some more, and there's still an odd novelty value (for me anyway) in seeing the second Doctor in a contemporary setting.

Out of all the missing episodes: The Myth Makers. It's just so sublime and hilarious and I bet it would be so much funnier if we could see the actors' expressions. Also Web of Fear because, as Rob pointed out, its visuals were probably amazing.

Out of season 4: The Macra Terror. All that silly dancing! I want to see how they worked around the terrible Macra props. There's an intriguing bit of narration in the new audiobook where 'the Macra are operating levers with surprising dexterity!'

Evil of the Daleks is my favourite story from the season, but I feel satisfied with how much I've enjoyed it the way it is.

Power of the Daleks. No contest for me.

Is there really a choice?

Although Power comes ridiculously high after the Zarovian Opus...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

You must've been delighted with the recent discovery of Episode 2, Phillip!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

A little bit - I suspect I was one of the few people who wasn't thinking 'why couldn't it have been Power/Evil/Web/Fury'...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I have to say, I always thoroughly enjoy episode three every time I watch it, and the clip that's online of episode two looks absolutely marvellous. So I'm rather looking forward to seeing the whole episode!

And if they were to find the wherewithal to animate the first and last episodes and give the story a dedicated release, I wouldn't be happier!

The Power of the Daleks, as it's the only Doctor debut story missing. Then again it would be nice if The Tenth Planet Episode 4 did show up... for real.

Power of the Daleks - sneaky Daleks waiting to just massacre an outpost and people being up to generally no good.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......