View Poll Results: How do you enjoy the missing stories of this season?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw audio (no narration, just the soundtrack)

0 0%
  • Official BBC narrated audio release

3 33.33%
  • Reconstructions

3 33.33%
  • Target novels

2 22.22%
  • Target novel audio books

0 0%
  • I secretly have the missing episodes on film

1 11.11%

Default How do you enjoy yours?

Well, there are a limited number of ways to enjoy the missing stories of this season. So, what I would like to know is... how do you enjoy yours?

Oh, and I've made the way you vote on this public, so if you claim to secretly have the missing episodes, WE WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE, and will come round to your house to watch them!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Recons although I do have the official CDs as well.

My preferences on this question are exactly the same as Richard's - recons, although I do have the official CDs, too

Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----

... but I only borrowed them from Ian and he wants them back.

The BBC Narrated releases are by far the best way, I reckon. Once they got into their stride they were brilliant. The sound quality is superb, especially given the source material.

I've found the recons to be variable in quality. Some of them give you an idea of what the story might have been like, but I found most of them to be distracting and - occasionally - crap. Specifically, the Wheel In Space recon was like death.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm a little torn (ouch) in that I've voted for the Target books as being the only way I have 'experienced' some of these stories - but if I had all the narrated BBC audios, I'd have voted for them instead.

I'm afraid I just don't really get the point of Recons so don't bother with those; and although I can sort of understand the purists' argument on the subject, the unnarrated audio of episodes can unfortunately end up as long periods of vague bump noises with no real suggestion of what's going on.

Should I do another complete series marathon, I would still watch the reconstructions when it comes to the missing episodes - I think they're still the best way to get the all-round experience of the missing episodes.
    Ultimately I find the narrated audios more accessible though - I have more time to put one of the audios on my iPod and listen to them at work than I would to sit down with a reconstruction...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I like the Narrated soundtracks. The narration is really rather good adn you have the fun of listening to Frazer Hines trying to fit the narration into the small gaps he's given, and guessing how he might say "Episode 1". Those might sound like paltry pleasures, but it made us laugh a lot when we did this season bakc in our backwards run of reviews.

As good as recons are, they're not entertaining to watch. The CDs held my attention far more and it's fun sitting there imagining how it might look, rather than staring at the same photo for what seems like aaaaages and trying to work out what might be going on in the story at the time from the muffled soundtrack.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The problem with the recons is that the quality is just so variable. Sometimes, they could be absolutely bloody brilliant - the recon for The Macra Terror comes to mind as one that I particularly enjoyed.

Sadly, the older ones, such as Power of the Daleks, can be a real chore to get through, and can really ruin an otherwise good story.

That said, as I said earlier in this thread, they are my preferred medium to watch the missing stories on.

----