Thread: Thank you Paul

Default Thank you Paul

I think we owe a great big thank you to Paul Monk, who for the last 6 years has played the Doctor for the PS Audios. I know at times we've been very demanding on your time, made have your photo taken more than you've been comfortable with, got you to wear hats and all that, but I think everyone who's heard a PS Audio has appreciated that.

Thanks Paul- hope it was fun!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

You were a great Doctor Paul - well done!

Absolutely - I can never see a Battenberg cake now without thinking of Paul's Doctor!!

Am on holiday at the moment and to be honest it all feels a bit weird. But thanks everyone and i'll say a few words later.

Yes, thanks Paul from me too!

Oh, how you never knew what you were letting yourself in for that day you first said "yes"! But you have always been a wonderful Doctor, and it's always been a joy to see you at recordings and to work on so many hours of your voice! I know there were lots of demands, and times when I'm sure your wife wanted you back, and that you never liked me calling you Doctor Who in pubs, but I hope that you've had fun being Doctor Who because you will always be OUR Doctor Who!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Yes, thanks Paul from me too!

Oh, how you never knew what you were letting yourself in for that day you first said "yes"! But you have always been a wonderful Doctor, and it's always been a joy to see you at recordings and to work on so many hours of your voice! I know there were lots of demands, and times when I'm sure your wife wanted you back, and that you never liked me calling you Doctor Who in pubs, but I hope that you've had fun being Doctor Who because you will always be OUR Doctor Who!

Si.
    Oh, I'm sure we can still call Paul 'Doctor Who' in pubs; I know he would really enjoy that!
    We can bring hats and my Mother-In-law did knit me a Tom Baker scarf (no really, she did; the colours are a little off but it is the correct length)!!!

Oh my - I am behind a whole heap! I've really enjoyed through the years throwing on a Planet Skaro audio when I've needed to get my head down and do a piece of work (at work).

But over the last year my job's changed, and my MP3 player has generally sat unused, so I've not been able to enjoy them as much as I'd like. But they have been fun. I remember shaking him a bit with my animated performance during our heist episode. There are a lot of us on Planet Skaro who made ideal villains, but Paul really was a very good choice for the Doctor.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Mike, you really should listen to Asylum if you get the chance

I feel very privileged to have been able to write last year's Christmas special as a last hurrah for Paul's Doctor (and of course Steve as Rob and his extended family) some months after those involved with the next season thought he'd finished (although I gather there was one particular scene of The Next Universe Episode 1 which was recorded after that so he's only now recently fully retired). I'm very grateful to Paul for going the extra mile and to Si for persuading him and everyone else involved with that little story to do so. I think it summed up perfectly in half an hour of Christmas fun and adventure exactly what has made the first six years (and hopefully the next six!) so special, (forgive me I think I'm about to paraphrase from "Be Kind Rewind") that they are made with love for all who hear them.

I'm sure Paul still lives in fear of an e-mail saying "Oh, by the way, we have one more scene still to record"

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Mike, you really should listen to Asylum if you get the chance
    Catching up is def on my "to do" list.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......