Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Key To Time (Reissue - Nov 2009)

Taken from Mary Tamm's website:

Mary has started the year with a return to her time on Dr Who . She is providing the voice over commentary for the Key to Time series, a new BBC release on DVD, and is soon visiting an old DW location, to film an in-vision commentary.She will also be filming two interviews about her time on the programme. See DW page for more news re convention appearances this year.
    How interesting - although I'd hope rather than an in-vision commentary, it's just for an interview....
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

This only says that she is doing new stuff. It's never going to be clear whether this is coming this year or next & from recent events/news the R.T won't know either until 2|Entertain say so.
    In short it could be in 6 months or 18 months+.

Pip Madeley Guest

My money's on next January

Tamm has a website? How marvellous! Does the dress Mary Tamm feature still exist I wonder?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Another one for the Zeta Minor list.....

Just get ready for comfirmation on Michael Cashman's website that he's recorded a commentary for Time Flight.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

This has been on the cards for a while due to the existing R1 version, and you get the impression they buff the package up a bit more every now and then in case they need to release it. I reckon Pip's right, it could be next years Box Set. Though am I selfish to hope that as this is really six stories, not one long story, that at least half the set has as many extras as a reasonably packed normal release? Features on Robert Holmes (for "Ribos"/"Kroll"), Douglas Adams (for "Pirate Planet"), Mary Tamm's Romana and the BBC bloopers from around this period would be nice extras.

A shame Lehmann, Adams, Holmes, Jeffrey etc. are all dead. But they could get Lois Baxter, Lalla Ward and John Woodvine to record commentary tracks. And Susan Engel is a MUST!

Si.

There's lots of stuff from this era that could be included: all the Nationwide interview with Tom being grumpy with Frank Bough, Blue Peter on the 15th birthday, A making of Kroll from some local news show and I believe a similar Pirate Planet thing. There are indeed the outtakes too, which'd be nice.

We need Susan Engel to be involved!

Should be a good set when they finally release it over here.

Si xx

If they're going to be 'redoing' existing releases (in a sense) then I'd prefer an extras packed "Five Doctors: Normal Edition" though.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    My money's on next January
    But not the money from Stephen La Riviere, part-time RT member (??), who posted this about a January release over on Roobarbs....
    At the moment (unless something has changed) I think you're wrong...
    So could it be November as ZM predicted???
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    This only says that she is doing new stuff. It's never going to be clear whether this is coming this year or next & from recent events/news the R.T won't know either until 2|Entertain say so.
    In short it could be in 6 months or 18 months+.
    Agreed - I think it could be just another one of those the actor/actress being available at the time so they decide to get the commontries in the can for a later release.

Visiting Tamm's website has been the Who highlight of the year for me.

She needs to get someone to adjust the banner at the top of the page, though.

This could be an excellent set, although I hope they put as many extras and special features as possible on 'The Armageddon Factor' disc to make it more interesting.

certainly be interesting to see what kind of price they'll be charging when this is realeased..

I'd imagine it'll be anywere between 49.99 & 69.99. Although I doubt anyone on here will pay more than 35.00 unless they use Galaxy 4.

The nasty cynical suspicious side of me (what do you mean, I don't have any other side ) thinks they might release this as two 3 story box sets, perhaps six to 12 months apart (given that the boxsets we've had so far have been 3 stories at a reasonable price).
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I'd imagine it'll be anywere between 49.99 & 69.99. Although I doubt anyone on here will pay more than 35.00 unless they use Galaxy 4.

now I wonder who you could be talking about..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    now I wonder who you could be talking about..
    Oh, I wasn't thinking of anyone in particular.

SUBTLE HINT ALERT!
    We're really not allowed to confirm anything... but I really wouldn't advise you to buy the region 1 release this late in the day.
    Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    SUBTLE HINT ALERT!

We're really not allowed to confirm anything... but I really wouldn't advise you to buy the region 1 release this late in the day.
    Si.
    This is quite exciting, actually. Even though i already have the R1 versions, Hopefully it will still be worth buying.

In my eyes, this is tantamount to Roberts confirming it will be released next week.

Si.

Hooray! It's one of the most enjoyable seasons ever! Even Power of Kroll! Kroll! Kroll!

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Hooray! It's one of the most enjoyable seasons ever! Even Power of Kroll! Kroll! Kroll!

Si xx
    as usual Mr Hart, I find my self dissagreeing with you about what seasons we find good..

I hope this is true - even if it doesn't end up coming out until next January, it'll still be a cracking release! The last two stories may not be as good as the first four, but there's still a lot of fun to be had in them.

Ooo! I haven't been excited about many of the BBC DVD releases for a while, but this one's got me palpitating.

PALPITATING!!!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    as usual Mr Hart, I find my self dissagreeing with you about what seasons we find good..
    Unusually, i'm i'm more in agreement with Si on this one. The only one i really don't like is 'Pirate Planet', (but even that has moments) otherwise i think it's a good season. I love 'Stones of Blood', 'Tara' is a close second, 'Ribos' is good, I even like 'Kroll'! 'Armageddon' is the weakest for me, but it's still ok, & would've been alright if it was a 4-parter, IMO.