Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New Series start date ...

Have to excuse me ... being on the other side of the world and all ...

Has a start date or even season been announced for the next series?

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

November apparently, according to the teaser that appeared last week...

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

That's a bit late. I thought the new telly season started in September. Still - good things are worth the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    That's a bit late. I thought the new telly season started in September. Still - good things are worth the wait!

don't forget the next series of Merlin, will probably be starting around then so assuming it dose it's 13 week run will take it up to November.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    November apparently, according to the teaser that appeared last week...
    Yeah seen teaser on YouTube but no date. Wow long wait.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Oh, maybe I'm misremembering, or maybe someone told me or something.

It seems they're lining up for a transmission on 23rd November 2013.

But does this mean that the season finale, which always used to fall on Si's birthday, will now fall on my birthday?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh hang on, I'm quoting wild speculation from another forum as fact here.

Basically, we don't know when it's going to be on- we just have to wait and see... but late in the year.

It's running right through, all 14 episodes (according to information that was given out at the Official Convention), starting in November and continuing every Saturday (give or take, as I'm about to mention) until maybe the 23rd of February, which means that, assuming there's a pause of one Saturday the week before Christmas (to allow for a little anticipation to mount before JLC's first appearance; as well as perhaps the Saturday between Christmas and New Year) a start date of November the 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. Southall View Post
    a start date of November the 17th.
    My birthday - for the first time since the final episode of The Creature from the Pit (8 years before I was born) - hurrah!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Just in time to bugger up the annual Planet Skaro meet right proper!

Si.

We can go early November this year!

Of course, until an official announcement, these dates have to be taken with something of a pinch of salt. But having said that, I'd be most surprised indeed if it started any day other than the 17th of November, and finished any date other than the 23rd of February.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Oh, maybe I'm misremembering, or maybe someone told me or something.
    Nah - I think more than likely cos I watched on YouTube on my phone I couldn't read the date, or got bored. I wasn't sure if anything'd been put out. Rememeber there was lots of specualation.

Oh ****! I might be playing the lead in Mr Cinders that week (well either the lead or one of the two nasty step-brothers!) I've never had a performance clash with a season opener before so that's a real pain depending on tranmission time.
    Last time it was the rather inconsequential Curse of the Black Spot that was sandwiched between the last two performances of Jack The Ripper but I think I may have just about gotten away with watching it all as it finished at 7pm and my evening performance didn't start until 7.45.

As far as the PS meet is concerned I guess we're now looking at either the 3rd or 10th Nov?

I don't think we've thought about it yet! Perhaps we'll wait until we get more official confirmation about the new series start date.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Oh ****! I might be playing the lead in Mr Cinders that week
    Oh no he isn't!!!

Sorry I went a bit Corporal Jones last night... I shouldn't be allowed on the internet late at night when I'm not quite up to par. I imagine it will become clear nearer the time that the series isn't coming back until November.
    Nearly 11 months is too long to wait! (sorry but someone had to say it )

It's running right through, all 14 episodes (according to information that was given out at the Official Convention), starting in November and continuing every Saturday (give or take, as I'm about to mention) until maybe the 23rd of February, which means that, assuming there's a pause of one Saturday the week before Christmas (to allow for a little anticipation to mount before JLC's first appearance; as well as perhaps the Saturday between Christmas and New Year) a start date of November the 17th.

it could run into March, as the Rugby 6 Nations usualy starts around Febuary and any potentiial early evening game beeing shown on BBC 1 will probably see an episode pushed back a week.

Sorry I went a bit Corporal Jones last night... I shouldn't be allowed on the internet late at night when I'm not quite up to par.
    They shouldn't let me on the Interweb thingy at all!

I spoke to someone last weekend who was at the official convention and knew nothing about this. When exactly was it announced because I've seen no mention of it anywhere else on the internet?
    However, the general information we do know does suggest there will be new episodes being broadcast in November so hopefully we'll have a better idea of what's happening soon.

It's about time i knew what was going on...

Ooh blimey, I think it's too late now to find the tweets and so on that reported this. I think it was probably Blogtor, and maybe others, who were actually there. But it definitely was reported.

Eta: ah, here you go. Point four in the news breakdown: http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/201...-spoilers.html

Thanks J.R., Good old Blogtor.

We can be reasonably sure that episode 6 will air on Christmas Day which would suggest that episode 5 is unlikely to go out only 3 days earlier on December 22nd. Therefore we can reasonably extrapolate November 17th as the most likely start date for the new series.
    The only unknown quantity is whether episode 7 will air just four days after Christmas on December 29th (this seems unlikely but BBC Scheduling can be law unto itself) or more likely on January 5th 2013 meaning that (assuming there are no further tranmission breaks) the series will conclude on February 16th.

The only unknown quantity is whether episode 7 will air just four days after Christmas on December 29th (this seems unlikely but BBC Scheduling can be law unto itself) or more likely on January 5th 2013 meaning that (assuming there are no further tranmission breaks) the series will conclude on February 16th.
    My own assumption was also January 5th, but don't forget there are eight episodes to go out after the Christmas Special, leaving us with a finish date of February the 23rd. Indeed, it's also been pointed out that they might skip a Saturday for the Five Nations or somesuch, which would give us a finishing line of March the 2nd.