Default "Twenty From Ten" Dino's Poetry Book

In light of me getting the funds together to press another 100, and also seeing as I'm reading at the Much Wenlock Poetry Festival tomorrow, I feel it might be a good time to tell you all I've written a book of poetry.

Some of you might remember me occasionally posting the odd poem here and there. But "Twenty From Ten" is a collection of 20 poems from er... 2010.
    Being on the open floor circuit it's obvious I'll have built up a stock of the best bits from those years... this isn't that book.

Before I got diagnosed with Anxiety/Depression (And I'm feeling 100% better now than I was then) I fell out with a local publisher about putting out a book like that.
    So while I recovered, I started again. Poetry year zero. The first 6 poems were influenced by drinking and the book sobers up, but if anything becomes more ranting!

I'm so happy my friend, Tanvir, who I've known for less than a year, has put up the cash for a first print and made it easier for me to buy more copies.
    Of course I asked him to arrange a Facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/TwentyFromTen

I'm also setting up a PayPal for copies when I get some more before May.
    You can let me know if you're interested and I'll send you a private message nearer the time. For those of you who haven't got Facebook, I've put up a link to a digital recording of my poetry set (28 minutes+) at the book launch.
    Thanks for continuing this site, and I'll look into donating cash to keep it running soon. I can't sell you any books at the moment. Stay tuned for updates.
    And thanks for listening. Because it was published in 2012 (And I am thinking of making a trilogy) I'm charging £5 (People who aren't students are prepared to hand that amount over!) but for UK I'll give free P&P.

So here's my set:

21/03/12

http://www.mediafire.com/?srlioltdf6n7zf1

(The poem's aren't as long as they look. I also ramble in between them... a lot)
    TOTAL RUN: 28m15s

EIGHT FROM TWENTY FROM TEN... LIVE!

00.00 Chris Clarke introduction
    01:09 Me welcoming audience
    02:09 Introduction
    02:54 "And Time Will Never Be Wasted, Henceforth"
    06:01 "Two 35 Year Old Men Never Meet"
    09:06 "Mirth Is Supreme With Mirtazapine"
    13:09 "The Penis Game"
    16:10 "A Revisionist Let's!"
    19:32 "Cutaway Shots" (Not in the book wrote in 2011)
    22:15 "Reason For Leaving The Heartbreakers?"
    24:21 "Google Future"
    26:58 "5 Years To 40- Another Decade Closer To Death"

22:15 "Reason For Leaving The Heartbreakers?"
    Is this about Tom Petty?

Si.

Hey well done Dino, nice to know you're getting on with it. Writing is a wonderful therapy for dealing with all sorts of problems - I found writing my book on software testing to be an emotional journey.

And though it's not sold lots of copies - it was never about selling copies, but really telling the story of what I do, and setting up some future materials. I've also got a few bits of kudos from certain quarters (which is what is more my game plan).

Also my parents now understand "what I do".
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Is this about Tom Petty?

Si.
    No, I love titles. I don't care how pretentious. I've now got titles down to a fine art. That poem is about just turning around and saying "No" to all the misery piled on in 2010. And even the Doctor would have nodded at "I have to go on until I hit the brick wall then begin negotiations with matter".

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    Hey well done Dino, nice to know you're getting on with it. Writing is a wonderful therapy for dealing with all sorts of problems - I found writing my book on software testing to be an emotional journey.

And though it's not sold lots of copies - it was never about selling copies, but really telling the story of what I do, and setting up some future materials. I've also got a few bits of kudos from certain quarters (which is what is more my game plan).

Also my parents now understand "what I do".
    It's a good feeling when you finally finish the whole thing. And I still made a fatal error! When I got the preview copy I was eight miles high and going "Print it! Begin! Begin!" it was only on the train home I noticed on the contents I'd put in two poems at 13 (I deleted one from the book but forgot to check the contents...) what with me being such a genius I didn't know about Ctrl + P... Happens to the best of us! So I went from feeling like a God to feeling like an insect going "Stop the presses! Stop the presses!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    It's a good feeling when you finally finish the whole thing. And I still made a fatal error! When I got the preview copy I was eight miles high and going "Print it! Begin! Begin!" it was only on the train home I noticed on the contents I'd put in two poems at 13 (I deleted one from the book but forgot to check the contents...) what with me being such a genius I didn't know about Ctrl + P... Happens to the best of us! So I went from feeling like a God to feeling like an insect going "Stop the presses! Stop the presses!!!"
    Ebook man, it's the only way to go - done 5 versions so far. Supposedly it's spelt Shepherd not Sheppard. Really?
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Sorry to bump this thread but I bought out another book and this was the launch.

I'm on a Tablet so can't link it directly, but have this in another tab.

Full tracklist at the page of this link.
    https://soundcloud.com/aaron-murdoch...ds-book-launch