Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

"It's late it's late it's late but not too late!"

Profound!

Si.

We Will Rock You ***1/2 What a stonking opener – designed for audience participation from the word go, and perfectly achieving it, and backing it up with a superb guitar solo. But why not give it more verses ?

We are The Champions ***1/2 And no loss of confidence here either – a seemingly innocuous ballad that drives into possibly the most singable (and so easily stolen) chorus of all time. This time it’s a great guitar solo that’s missing to make it a perfect track.

Sheer Heart Attack * Wiki tells me this was an RT track written several years earlier, and unfortunately it shows. Queen has moved on from this sort of sound, and should have tweaked it much more (or better dropped it all together). Lacking in real structure or interest really.

All Dead, All Dead *** An odd one this, it sorts of creeps up on you from being a plainish ballad to a pleasant little ditty. And Brian’s voice suits it perfectly.

Spread Your Wings *** Another well-formed pop song – like the story style lyrics, and although it doesn’t do anything spectacular it does rumble along in a well structured and pleasant way. The video to this one (the band in RT’s back garden in the snow) makes me laugh at its absurdity.

Fight from the Inside ** A track ahead of its style, in that it would probably fit better on The Game or Hot Stuff. There’s a down and dirty guitar line but it doesn’t have the richness you’d expect from a Queen track, and RT’s vocal can be a bit grating in parts.

Get down, Make Love * Even more a flash from the future – and I don’t like it. In parts its like someone playing all the funny noises they can find on their Yamaha or ring tones. This is the first time in many years I haven’t just automatically jumped over the track, and it’ll probably be the last.

Sleeping on the Sidewalk *** Deep south Blues Momma – and a sound I like. It may be derivative but its interesting and has a vocal that you could sing along to. I wonder why Freddie didn’t tackle the vocal on this one ? BB King would be proud of the guitar solo too.

Who Needs You **1/2 Calypso time !! Another example of Queen taking a style and putting their own twist on it. Doesn’t quite work so well for me as the lyrics come over as a bit trite.

It’s Late **** For me the stand out track of the album. Slow guitar intro leading to a stonking riff and Freddie vocal, but then bursts into a rich Queen-only chorus and powers on from there. I love the way the bridge into the chorus changes slightly each time. The only slight low point is the middle 8 but its short and inoffensive and Brain quickly makes up for it with an unconventional solo before powering up to rock factor 11.

My Melancholy Blues *** A great final track, and perhaps why Freddie left SOTS to Brian . You wouldn’t want a whole album of it, but it’s a well constructed example of the genre.

So, NOTW – it has some classics and some real stinkers. It shows the band trying a wide variety of styles and genres, some of which work and some of which bomb nastily. But is there anything truly magical ? Something that only Queen could create ? For me, not really. It’s a better listen than I remembered (bar those tracks I would normally skip), but it feels like treading water.
    Bazinga !

News Of The World

Coming to this album for the first time in 1984 (it was the last back catalogue Queen album I ever had to buy to complete my collection – I remember buying it in that short period between getting the Radio GaGa 12” single and The Works) I was immediately surprised by the positioning of We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions at the beginning of the album, as I felt they were a perfect fit at the end of Greatest Hits and expected them in that position here. So the album caught me on the hop straight away!

Much of this album just sounds so different in style from what we’re used to from Queen that it really takes a bit of getting used to. Grittier, blusier and rockier, and toning down the excesses. The first two tracks aren’t anything surprising (although they’re excellent!) but then we get into more experimental territory…

We Will Rock You
    A cracking opener, and probably one of the most basic, simplistic songs Queen ever recorded. Featuring no instruments except for Brians blistering guitar solo at the end, they prove that a stripped sound doesn't necessarily mean a drop in quality. 8/10.

We Are The Champions After a couple of attempts at a closing anthem, Queen finally strike gold with this one. Why, then, is it positioned so close to the beginning of the album? 9/10.

Sheer Heart Attack
    : Not Roger's finest moment. I hated this song back in the day, but it’s another of those which has really grown on me over the years. The pace is relentless here and the track is in total contrast to the first two songs, a bit of a throwback to the early albums. Still, it's the better of the two Roger tracks on this album. 6/10.

All Dead, All Dead
    : A nice morose little number from Brian May. Nothing much wrong with it, but not quite as interesting or exciting as his efforts on the previous couple of albums. I like it, though. 6/10.

Spread Your Wings: John Deacon again…this should have been a much bigger hit than the number 34 it reached. While not quite as poppy and catchy as You And I, Deacons lyrics are improving all the time. This little song about someone dreaming of a better life has long been a favourite of mine. One of the most under-rated Queen songs ever. 8/10.

Fight From The Inside
    : Another disappointing effort from Taylor, his poorest song since way back in Queen 2. I usually skip this one. I think the problem with both of Rogers songs this time is that they simply feel so out of place here. Which makes it worse given the stripped-down, experimental feel of the album in general. They're not awful by any means, but this is probably the only time I'd agree with Si that an album would be stronger without them! 5/10.

Get Down, Make Love: Typically over the top experimental stuff from the pen of Freddie. Again though, I hated this song back in the day…I don't know if it's just lack of new Queen material which makes you revise your opinion on some songs you previously considered duds, but it just shows how your tastes can change over the years though, doesn’t it? I suppose this was a hint of things to come from the group. 6/10.

Sleeping On The Sidewalk: I love this one. It’s just so different, such a change in style and Brians voice is perfect for the sound of this song. While it would have been interesting to hear Freddie singing it, I don't think it would have been as good. Easily one of the albums highlights. 8/10.

Who Needs You: Strictly filler material, but when it’s so catchy as this why complain? 6/10

It’s Late: A cracking rocker. Again, a highlight. I love the slow intro, building up to a brilliant chorus. Queen back to doing what they do best, here. As Jon says, the stand-out track from the album. 9.5/10.

My Melancholy Blues: A strong finish to the album too. The title says it all, it finishes the album off on a bit of a sad note, doesn’t it? I love it though! 9/10.

All in all, a rather patchy album with some great stuff scattered through it. Not the best album they ever recorded but still a pretty strong one. It works better though when you shuffle the songs around a bit and miss out a couple!

The following is the playlist I have on my iPod rather than the official album. Only one song missing and the tracklisting totally reshuffled, I find this more enjoyable than the album as it was released. The two Brian May songs just work so well back-to-back, imo.

It's Late
    Spread Your Wings
    Get Down, Make Love
    Sleeping on the Sidewalk
    All Dead, All Dead
    Who Needs You ?
    Sheer Heart Attack
    My Melancholy Blues
    We Will Rock You
    We are the Champions

* Polite Cough *
    Bazinga !

I'll do mine soon...

Si.

We know a song called Coming Soon
    Bazinga !

It's not Too Late!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Yeah but Who Needs You?

Si.

I know you'll find it hard Si, going by previous comments....but surely it's not going to be the worst album we'll be listening to...? (we're 5 years or so away from that imo)

News of the World

There's something cheap and dated about the cover of this album, like a seventies comic. I appreciate it's actually quite clever, as it's a parody, nevertheless the big robot lifting up gangly characatures of the band hasn't exactly aged well. But let's check out the music!

We Will Rock You

Everyone knows this one. It's never been a song that's very easy to really feel close to, due in part to being hijacked by morons and sporting events. And isn't it a funny old thing - barely a song at all, two minutes long and with scarcely the shadow of even the shortest verse chorus verse bridge chorus pop song structure. The chorus only has four words in it, and musically there's barely anything but that steady slow-slow-quick hand-clap. And yet, in 2012, it still sounds brand new.

In fact, it sounds absolutely brilliant. This is a slice of sheer genius. Sing-able, adoptable by anyone in the world, it's quite rightly a timeless anthem. Who knows where May pulled those four words from, words that have lost all meaning aside from a blunt intent of aggression. "WE WILL ROCK YOU". Analysed, it's like Queen's statement of intent, magnified out to represent the desire to win. At anything!

My favourite bit is not the magnificent guitar, but the premonition of it - a mere 30 seconds in it begins, like a whine of machinery, before that glorious Red Special solo kicks in. And that's your lot. Superb. 9/10

We Are The Champions

And then straight into a complete contrast - a lovely bit of piano, and a classic Freddie ballad. Amazingly, this one takes a musical opposite but the same anthemic hook - this time "We Are The Champions" - and the same winners warcry. The chorus erupts into a sweeping refrain that demands hands be waved back and forwards.

The verse has a lovely "adventurous" piano line, slightly dark, and in live shows Freddie would look up and nod at the crowd on the line "You gave me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it... I thank you all". Not for the last time on this album, the writing stands as a marker for where Freddie was in his life and career at the time.

It's still a great song, even after years of over-familiarity and, remarkably, the second all-time Queen anthem in as many songs on this record. So far, so good. 9/10

Sheer Heart Attack

Oh dear. The title betrays that this was a left-over from the third album, and I'm afraid it shows. I actually quite like the "Sheeeeeeer Heart Attack!" chorus line, but musically it's like being hit over the head by a hammer. A dull, uninspired chainsaw hammering and a pretty uninspired vocal from Freddie. He doesn't sound interested in the song at all, though you can see why this one would have taken off live. Here, it's clunky and nasty.

And look who wrote it. 3/10

All Dead, All Dead

The surprise of the album. My memory told me that much of what was left from this point on was trash, but I actually really enjoyed that. Again, lessons have not been learned from the last album - this would have been lovely with a Freddie vocal. It's a sweet song though, so even Brian's weak voice can't totally sink it. He does make it have less gravitas, but it's welcome relief after the last track. 7/10

Spread Your Wings

Under my model for the Queen Album (Classics, Unsung Classics and Clunkers) this is a typical Unsung Classic by reliable John Deacon. Actually a low-charting single (#34) it nevertheless didn't perform well enough to earn a place on Greatest Hits, and thus got forgotten. But it's another gorgeous piano-pop tune with some nice rocky parts - Fred sounds engaged here with a song to fit his voice, compare to "Sheer Heart Attack" where he sounds uncomfortable and bored trying to sing a song designed for its writer, Roger. Because, on the evidence so far, Roger can only write two sorts of song - the slasher and the plodder. This is nice, though, although maybe not QUITE up there with the Queen Greats. It's lower Top 40 chart position is probably more or less what it deserves. 7/10

Fight From The Inside

TWO Roger songs on this album? What DID we do to deserve this? We've had the Slasher and now we have the Plodder. This is boring, uninspired stuff. Look, in 2012 the whole world knows the Brian and Freddie numbers on this album - this song is utterly forgotten. There's a reason. Next. 2/10

Get Down, Make Love

It's round-about here that the rot seems to set in with this LP. An unusual misfire for Freddie, this is an impassioned vocal and another "venom" attack on an unseen traitor, but this time the music is mid-tempo and uninterested in really going anywhere. I think that's what kills about quite a few of these songs - they don't really have the steam to go anywhere. This is lumpen and not especially exciting to me. 3/10

Sleeping on the Sidewalk

Oh God. May's voice is actually getting worse, barely audible above the music, like a milkman humming as he does his rounds. The music isn't much better - plodding and inoffensive, almost nursery-rhyme in rhythm. Where's the energy? This is sorely lacking in inspiration. It's like they had totally run out of drive and that's now a Rotten track each from our two lead songwriters to sit alongside the two terrible Taylor songs. Bad news - the album is now more stink than smash. 4/10

Who Needs You

John Deacon to the rescue! This is, at least, a breath of fresh air. The grinding guitars are gone, and we have a pretty flamenco. At last Freddie's vocal has room to breathe now all the clutter has gone. It's not the best song in the world, but there are some nice harmonies and, after the last few tracks, we're taking what we can get. Maybe a bit of a lost Classic. 7/10

It's Late

I'm sure from odd comments on this thread before now that there are some that champion this album - and yet even they must have noticed the lack of hits on it by this point. The last album boasts "Somebody to Love", "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy" and "Tie Your Mother Down". By contrast, after the winning double-A and "Spread Your Wings", there's nothing here even remotely remembered, and this record spawned just one Top 20 single. That's got to be a problem.

Although not a hit, I like "It's Late". Okay, the chorus is lyrically dull ("It's Late, It's Late, It's Late But Not Too Late" (?!) ) but there's a lovely melody to the verses and for the first time in a while on this record, the drums, guitar and melody are working together, rather than battling each other. Musically, it's as well assembled as the likes of "Champions" or "Somebody to Love", what we'd term gorgeous instrumentation working in symphony, unfortunately the tune isn't quite as good.

It's officially Quite Good, though. 7/10

My Melancholy Blues

Now, this is one of my favourites. It's lazy piano is so refreshing after the stodgy rock of earlier tracks, but what I like best is that it gives us a sly insight into Freddie's state of mind - he's becoming a star. It's the breather between the struggle to make it and the extravagance and excess that sits just around the corner. "I'm causing a mild sensation/with this new occupation". And he was.

I don't usually like bluesy numbers like this, but it's a gorgeous vocal track and it has a beautiful "end of the evening" feel. You can practically feel the euphoria of endless parties.

"I'm just getting used to my new exposure/come into my enclosure!" indeed.

8/10

Unfortunately, I still think that as an album this is Queen's weakest so far. After the breathless desire to experiment back on "Night at the Opera" they have now settled into a predictable pattern of chucking two Freddie Mercury songs, two Brian May songs and a couple by John and Roger down and trusting that between them there will be enough singles. There's no effort to make a cohesive album at all, and using a leftover track from a previous album (and note that SHH contained 13 songs, and it's title track STILL couldn't win a place on it) is a bad sign.

Sure enough, the strength of songs is considerably less than on "A Day At The Races" and the middle third of the album is uninspired and unmemorable - chugging rock numbers or bland tunes that seem there just to use up space. There are two really huge hits on this but - sadly - not much else. It's probably no coincidence that lyrical nods in "Champions" and "Melancholy Blues" suggests that fame and money had arrived, and probably with it parties and drugs. The songs were no longer the biggest concern.

Si.

Excellent and thoughtful words as ever, Si - well worth the wait
    Bazinga !

News of The World!

My initial impressions of this album were that after a few good opening tracks it all goes to tit. I honestly thought it was the worst Queen album of all, showing the band already in maximum cruise mode. Yet since listening to this over the last few weeks, my opinions have changed somewhat...

We Will Rock You
    All I can hear in my head is 'Bom Bom CLACK!' Like 'We Are The Champions' it's utterly intrincsic. Surely everyone knows this song and can clap along. If you don't know it, you will after the first verse. Probably the most simple thing they ever released, there's hardly anything to it. Yet it gets right into your head. It's one of the most inclusive songs of all time. You may not have the musical talent to play 'Chopsticks' on the piano, but just about everyone can join in with the handclaps and footstamps in some way. The band don't even need to play this one live, after the opening beat the audience will do it for them. Everyone can share in the spotlight and get caught up in the energy of Queen's performances.

An absolutely cracking album opener too.
    10/10

We Are The Champions
    It seems so obvious now - this is the album closer. This is the last song on the album. Everyone agrees! Yet here it is, right after 'We Will Rock You'. What a mistake! You might as well stop after listening to this one.

What is so beautiful about this song - aside from the gorgeous piano playing and build-up - is the way Freddie includes the listener. How many songs are about 'We'? There's plenty about me, or you, but this one involves everyone. 'I Am The Champion' would have sounded appalling. Yet 'We Are The Champions' is magnificent.

Then there's that ending, tailing off just before '...of the world', which leaves the listener finishing it in their head. They could have put that next line in. I'm sure if you'd never heard it before you'd expect them to fade out and then come back with '...of the world', but no. It just stops with that double hit! Genius.

It's one of Queen's absolute finest songs. It's also one that I've known for as long as I can remember, right from my earliest childhood.
    10/10

SIDE NOTE - I've been looking at the Wikipedia articles as I've been going along, mainly to find out who wrote which track. I came across this bizarre-o factoid about We Are The Champions:

In 2011, a team of scientific researchers concluded that the song was the catchiest song in the history of pop music. Dr. Daniel Mullensiefen said of the study, "Every musical hit is reliant on maths, science, engineering and technology; from the physics and frequencies of sound that determine pitch and harmony, to the hi-tech digital processors and synthesisers which can add effects to make a song more catchy. We’ve discovered that there’s a science behind the sing-along and a special combination of neuroscience, maths and cognitive psychology can produce the elusive elixir of the perfect sing-along song."

Sadly, tracking down the article to it's source reveals that it came from the Daily Bloody Mail.

Sheer Heart Attack
    This is Queen's all-time worst song. Every single second of the 3:27 it runs for is more irritating than the last. It's a sort-of-attempt at punk, or very heavy rock. Yet it seems to go on and on, with it's 'Hye-nah, hye-nahs' and Brian May's tootling feedback over the top. It's just noise though, there's nothing particularly clever or interesting on display here. There's no twirls, no wit, no clever chord changes, only a pounding, thumping noise that a group of untalented teenagers might produce in their garage.

When this song finishes mid-phrase, it's a blessed relief!
    1/10

All Dead, All Dead
    I actually think Brian's vocals suit this song very well. It's slightly spoiled on the album by coming directly after the WORST SONG IN HISTORY, because it feels comparatively feeble. It's a rather beautiful ballad, not up there with Queen's greatest but certainly nothing to be ashamed of. The choral guitar effect at about 2:00 minutes in is rather marvelous. There's a tenderness to the song which is endearing and sweet. I'd love to hear this with only the vocals and the piano line.
    6/10

Spread Your Wings
    The piano comes straight back in for 'Spread Your Wings', which I reckon is one of Queen's finest ballads. I've loved this one for ages, it's one of the unsung heroes of the Greatest Hits Video ('Greatest Flix') which got a lot of repeat play in our household. I especially love how cold the band look and Freddie's star-shaped sunglasses! I can't remember how we came to own 'Greatest Flix' but it would be frequently watched on a sunny weekend morning. I was always disappointed that there was no video to 'Killer Queen'. Instead we got facts about the band, so I could wonder what this 'Smile' band was that Roger and Brian used to belong to.

Comparing this with 'All Dead, All Dead' shows how adding a little Mercury 'Ooomph' makes all the difference. It starts as a simple lament, but there's a real strength to the chorus. The piano playing is also rather special in this song, although a little hidden in the mix.

It also has one of the most innappropriate single covers of all time:

There's nothing right about pairing this cover and that song!
    9/10

Fight From The Inside
    And some'un brings in da funk. As Roger efforts go, this one's acceptable. The guitar parts are pretty exciting. Apparently Roger plays all of the instruments on this song, presumably while the rest of the band went for a nice walk in the countryside to look at some rare finches.
    5/10

Get Down, Make Love
    More funk now, though this time it's Freddie who's funking us up real good and proper. It's cut from the same cloth as 'Death On Two Legs', with the return of the snarling, vicious side of Freddie's persona. It's a dirty, filthy ode to sexual frustration, with Freddie as horny-as-hell, creeping and bawling. The pace picks up for the chorus, where he screams out his desire. Then there's the orgasm-tunnel effects sequence ending with braying horses... before he's ready to go again.

So, what can we surmise here? That Freddie Mercury is an insatiable, incurable mega-sex-bastard with knobs on. Watch out!
    7/10

Sleeping On The Sidewalk
    The funk concludes with the bluesey Sleeping On The Sidewalk. It's nothing special, but again there's nothing especially wrong with it. It's Queen being versatile again. There are bands out there who only do songs like this one and make a decent career.

Actually, listening to it in isolation, you could easily be made to believe that it wasn't a Queen track at all. The absence of that guy with the 'tache may be the reason...
    6/10

Who Needs You
    Of course. After metal, funk and blues, what makes more sense than calypso music? It's a sweet little track, very much in the vein of the fun seaside songs from A Night At The Opera. Brian shows that he can play Spanish guitar with the best of them. Freddie is still in spiteful mood though, it's as if all the love he was sharing at the start of the album has to be counteracted by some hyper-camp bitchiness. His cry of 'I like it I like it!' during the guitar solo is delivered dripping with sauce.
    7/10

It's Late
    Epic! I've never paid this one much attention, apart from the lovely chorus vocals. Now I listen to it properly, I realise it's six-and-a-half minutes long and Wikipedia tells me that Brian wrote it in three acts, about a guy who's a proper tart and can't decide which woman he loves. I like the tempo changes, even when it slows back down after the guitar solo. The riff is pretty fantastic too. That said, it's hidden away here at the arse end of News of The World.

But it's not too late! Maybe I should give this track a little more attention!
    7/10

My Melancholy Blues
    Aren't Blues always Melancholy? Slap me for pointing that out, very pedantic. This should have been the bonus track, located 37 seconds after the end of 'We Are The Champions'. It's undoubtedly good, but I just can't quite connect with it.

It's got a lovely end-of-the-day feel to it though. I'll tell you who it reminds me of - Rufus Wainwright. He could cover this song quite happily.
    7/10

OK - the album as a whole is pretty decent. If you skip 'Sheer Heart Attack' then it's a nicely listenable and entertaining piece. If you don't skip 'Sheer Heart Attack' then you'll find yourself listening to Queen's all-time most dire piece of crap immediately after one of the finest pop songs ever written. Balanced, that's what you could call it.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Good stuff - poor old Sheer Heart Attack; not a lot of love on PS apart from Kenny, but

you'll find yourself listening to Queen's all-time most dire piece of crap
    I believe there are far, far worse to come....
    Bazinga !

Now I'm glad I didn't contribute reviews to this thread as I'm really out of sync with everyone else's appearances.
    "Sheer Heart Attack" some...one... still... loves... youuuuuu!!! (Me, basically)

That's sad, I feel now that you feel we'd not tolerate you having different opinions to us. Your thoughts are welcome, even if we disagree. What are your other favourite tracks on the album?

Si.

Steve's review: cracking, I'm so glad we're doing these. Your lost fact about "Champions" is a new one on me, also hilarious comment about the cover of "Spread Your Wings". I'd never clocked how truly inappropriate it is!

I feel we broadly share an opinion about the album in terms of individual songs, though you seem subsequently more keen on the album as a whole. It seems to me that three great songs (Wings, Rock You & Champions) and a lot of average stuff after it does not a great album make. I think perhaps I'm comparing it to "Races", whose album tracks I far prefer. There is a shoddy "it'll do" aspect to many of the tracks here, and although you are particuarly fond when the third best track "Spread Your Wings" isn't even an especially well remembered Queen song, I think that speaks volumes. Anyway, I don't think we're poles apart in our views despite this!

Also great observation on the "We", and it also applies to "Rock You" of course as well. Who's ever noticed that the first two tracks are "We" songs?

I actually think Brian's vocals suit this song very well. It's slightly spoiled on the album by coming directly after the WORST SONG IN HISTORY, because it feels comparatively feeble.
    Surely coming after a really bad song would make it sound comparatively better?

Si.

Thanks Si!

I was wrong to say that the awfulness of 'Sheer Heart Attack' affected the next track. I think the difference with 'All Dead, All Dead' is not that it comes after a bad song but that it comes after a very, very loud one. It's in entirely the wrong place on the album, I think.

I'm inclined to agree that Queen were capable of much better at this point. They seem to be scraping around to fill out the album, rather than bombarding us with ideas as they were on their first three albums.

But it's interesting that between Si, myself, Kenny and Jon we cannot agree which tracks on the second half are bad and which are good! Outside of the singles I think we've got the full range of opinions on this album.

I do now want to go back and re-listen to "It's Late" and "Who Needs You". It's odd to think this was album Number Six! Maybe we're expecting too much hoping for them to be inspired. Most bands these days won't get to that. Also crazy to think it would be another 3 or 4 records until the "Greatest Hits". c/f again with today, when it drops after 3 or 4 albums usually.

What's next? "Jazz" is it? Cocaine had arrived!

Si.

What's next? "Jazz" is it? Cocaine had arrived!
    It's interesting because I have no idea what went on behind the scenes with the band. I'm assuming they were a professional hit-making machine. Freddie would be out partying and having sex with everything that came near him, but the others were all 'proper' musicians.

It seems to me that Queen lived to tour and that the albums were there to support that.

I agree. I bet Roger and Brian had their fair share of partying and women though. Only John went to bed early.

I'm basing it on a number of factors:

- "Let's have a hundred nude cyclists for this one!"
    - "Don't Stop Me Now" lyrics speak volumes
    - The infamous party with the cocaine dwarves and the man under the quivering liver comes from this era

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Your thoughts are welcome, even if we disagree.

Si.
    Exactly - that's half the fun of the Time Teams, seeing the music from someone else's point of view.

Meanwhile

Mustapha
    Fat Bottomed Girls
    Jealousy
    Bicycle Race
    If You Can't Beat Them
    Let Me Entertain You

Dead on Time
    In Only Seven Days
    Dreamers' Ball
    Fun It
    Leaving Home Ain't Easy
    Don't Stop Me Now
    More of That Jazz

Get on your bikes and ride !!
    Bazinga !

"Fun It"

Oh ROGER!

Si.

That's sad, I feel now that you feel we'd not tolerate you having different opinions to us. Your thoughts are welcome, even if we disagree. What are your other favourite tracks on the album?

Si.
    I agree. Come on Dino, don't be shy! I seem to be the lone Roger supporter around here at the moment, even if NOTW's two efforts aren't among my favourites.
    Last edited by MacNimon; 25th Jul 2012 at 8:19 PM.

"Fun It"

Oh ROGER!

Si.
    I rather like 'Fun It', actually....!

I don't agree with Steve re: SHA being Queens worst song, either. Yes, it may be one of their weaker efforts but there are much worse to come, imo. I've got no idea what I think is their worst song, but I'm looking forward to finding out over the coming weeks.

Great reviews guys, btw. Well worth waiting for!
    Last edited by MacNimon; 25th Jul 2012 at 8:24 PM.