Default The New Doctor Who

What do you think of the early days of the new Doctor Who? Is Patrick Troughton winning you over, or is it come back Bill Hartnell, all is forgiven?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm not sure what I thought of "the new Doctor" back in 1966, it was something of a radical change I'm certain of that, and Troughton was something of an actor and well known for his various roles in tv and stage.
    I like this Doctor's impish delight in dangerous situations, trying to defuse danger with a comic aside or trying to fool his enemies into thinking he's a total idiot while underneath calmly plotting their downfall.
    I like the second Doctor, sadly there are so many missing episodes, despite this, and my vague recollections of some of his stories, I still have many fond memories of the era, and of the mid to late sixties in general, so, yes, Troughton ahs won me over.

How odd, you'd have thought the first change of Doctor would have been one of those things that would impress itself on your memory.

I like Troughton's slightly shifty, can't be pinned down qualities in this season. He's not straightforward. he's silly and scared and scary at times thanks to Troughton's thoughtful acting. I wish we had more of his early perfomances to watch really.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.