Thread: RIP Robin Gibb

Default RIP Robin Gibb

Just when it looked as though things were turning out right, Robin's cancer finally claimed him. No pun intended, tragedy has haunted the Gibb brothers over the years. Very sad indeed.

I was just going to start this thread myself as I was surprised that there wasn't one already.

Sad, but not unexpected given the publicity Robin has had in recent months during his long and protracted illness.
    The Bee Gees, along with Donna Summer, were the soundtrack to my seventies, not just their singles either, but their albums too with lesser played tracks like Fanny Be Tender With My Love and Edge Of The Universe from 1975's Main Course, Subway, The Way It Is and the title track from 1976's Children Of The World. Then came the disco explosion which made The Bee Gees into bigger household names, you know the hits, no need for me to mention them here. But even beyond the disco era they were still making good music, good albums, Living Eyes, Size Isn't Everything, One, High Civilisation, ESP, This is Where I Came In, and Robin's own 2003 album, Magnet, is every bit as good as anything they ever wrote as a group.
    Now three of the Gibb brothers are gone, spirits having flown, the legacy will live on as tributes today will show.

God bless you Robin, thank you for the the talent in making people happy, thank you for the memories and thank you for the music.

"And we don't say goodbye
    We don't say goodbye
    And I know what I've got to be

Immortality
    I make my journey through eternity
    I keep the memory of you and me
    Inside

We don't say goodbye
    We don't say goodbye
    I'll make them all remember me"

R.I.P Robin. Everyone has been touched by your music even if they don't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Just when it looked as though things were turning out right, Robin's cancer finally claimed him. No pun intended, tragedy has haunted the Gibb brothers over the years. Very sad indeed.
    Indeed, 3 of the brothers have died through the years at relatively young ages.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    Indeed, 3 of the brothers have died through the years at relatively young ages.
    Three? Only Maurice Gibb died previously in 2003 I think it was, and now Robin. Barry is still with us.

E.T.A. I've just seen that Andy Gibb died in 1988, I was unaware of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Three? Only Maurice Gibb died previously in 2003 I think it was, and now Robin. Barry is still with us.

E.T.A. I've just seen that Andy Gibb died in 1988, I was unaware of him.
    Yup - he might not have been in the Bee Gees, but still qualifies as a brother. And he was only 30!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......