Default Daleks: Invasion Earth footage found!

From the DW Newspage:

Material from a long lost documentary featuring behind the scenes footage from the 1966 film, Dalek Invasion of Earth: 2150 , has been discovered in a private collection in Wales.

The recovered edition of the 1960s teen culture show A Whole Scene Going contains a sneak-peak into the making of the big-screen Doctor Who adventure. The brief clip shows movie Doctor Peter Cushing preparing to battle the Daleks. The black and white footage, taken on the set of the movie, also captures director Gordon Flemyng behind camera as he talks with stunt-men and plans out the movie's climatic final scenes.

Interspersed with the footage is an interview with Flemyng — who died in 1995, aged 61 — revealing that he preferred making “entertainment pictures”as opposed to more high-brow films, but “didn't take them any less seriously”.

Although the BBC wiped the master-tape of A Whole Scene Going, a copy of the magazine show was made and found its way on to the collector's circuit. Classic TV organisation Kaleidoscope, which recovered the 16mm film print in conjunction with the Tim Disney Archive, said the find will "delight" Doctor Who and vintage music fans alike.

Chris Perry of Kaleidoscope said:
    A Whole Scene Going is an exciting TV find. For Doctor Who fans there's a fascinating glimpse into the making of feature film Dalek Invasion of Earth: 2150 A.D., showing Peter Cushing as the Doctor on the set along with director Gordon Flemyng and lots of Daleks. For music lovers there are priceless performances by classic British beat band the Spencer Davis Group as well as American singer/songwriter Judy Collins. Sixties pop shows were routinely shown live or wiped after transmission so it's great to find one that slipped past the eraser's magnet!
    Tim Disney of the Tim Disney Archive said:
    How this print came into existence or found it's way to a Welsh village, we'll never know. However, one theory is that it could have been film recorded by BBC Wales from the network feed down the line from London for transmission at a later date.
    A Whole Scene Going also features a rare interview with the Spencer Davis Group, who perform their chart-topping single "Somebody Help Me Now".

Kaleidoscope and the TDA — who bought the film print privately from the collector — are currently in the process of returning a digital copy to the BBC Archive. However fans will get the chance to see the recovered footage for the first time in more than four decades at Kaleidoscope's next screening event, taking place in Stourbridge, West Midlands, on Saturday, 9th June.

Tim Disney of the TDA added:
    Doctor Who was not the primary draw for us in recovering this programme, but the content of the programme as a whole — the exciting period of popular culture it reflects and it's place in the history of British television.Thankfully, after the collector discovered he had a unique TV recording he was keen to ensure it would be returned to the BBC archives, turning down silly money offers to deal instead with Kaleidoscope and the TDA.
    A clip from the recovered show can be seen at the Tim Disney Archive.
    The films are doing well at the mo, what with the stuff on the Death to the Daleks DVD. Hope this makes to a DVD soon!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Interesting that the films were "bought" from the film collector. I wonder if the BBC paid money for the two recent missing episode returns as well.

Si.

Nice!

Now we must have a sweepstake on what DVD the footage ends up on...

My (utterly random) bet is Terror of the Zygons.

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. Southall View Post
    Nice!

Now we must have a sweepstake on what DVD the footage ends up on...

My (utterly random) bet is Terror of the Zygons.
    This must surely be a good excuse to re-issue the DVDs of the actual films; or is that too logical!!!

Given the date of the film, I'd imagine that it'll be released on whatever disc ends up having the newly rediscovered episode(s) of Galaxy 4 and/or The Underwater Menace!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Is this for the BBC to release anyway?

I'm staggered the two films haven't been out on Blu Ray yet. You couldn't break wind in the nineties without these being re-issued for some spurious reason.

Si.

The BBC can release it as it's on a BBC show.

But yes, the Blu Rays are overdue. I'd buy 'em... (again!)

Shame Death to the Daleks is so close; this would make an excellent sister piece to the recovered Daleks footage on there.

I don't know if the BBC would ever be likely to pick up the rights to release the films though, and if someone else rereleased them, they might not be able to get this footage either. Catch 22...

It's nice to have and hope that we must never give up.

I never got round to replacing my copy of the original release with the extremely tinny sound on the first film so a re-release of both films on BluRay would be very welcome.
    Hopefully this docco could be included as an extra but quite frankly I can see myself buying it on it's own if such a release were to happen as my Dad would be fascinated.

They would look GORGEOUS on Blu Ray! Let's hope that that particular dream comes to fruition

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Went through 11 pages of search and this was the closest to the topic!

Happy Birthday"Dr. WHO- Dalek Invasion Of Earth"! 50 years old today!