Default DWM: The Revenants

As it was a free download with DWM, I decided to use this story to dip my toe in the world of Companion Chronicles, and I have to say, I loved every minute of it!

William Russell is an excellent storyteller. His Hartnell impression is uncanny. Hell, even his Barbara impression is good. Oh and did I mention that Ian sounds the same now as he did back in 1963?

This was the first BF story where the monster actually freaked me out a bit. Okay so I'm a bit long in the tooth to be scared, but just imagining them really did send shivers down my spine. I would have loved to have listened to this as a wee nipper, cos it would have scared the bejesus out of me!

Only criticism is the final showdown was a bit rushed, but apart from that, I can heartily recommend it.

The story is set in Orkney, where my Cousin has just moved to. He's a Who fan too so I'll suggest he listens to this story

I keep forgetting I haven't downloaded this yet! I must rectify that soon as I've enjoyed the all the other Russell chronicles/ readings I've heard.

This one's a good little story which captures something of the atmosphere of the Hartnell years. Listening to this has made up my mind to get 'The Rocket Men' soonest.