Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Nelson Identity - Episode 1 On-Line NOW!

Historical daring-doing's and tinkering with Time? What HAVE the Doctor and Tom been up to this time? The causal nexus begins to unravel in...

Right click to Download!

Si.

Yay! Thanks Si!

Anyone joining us to tweet along from 5pm? if so, get the kettle on now!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm so sorry I missed the start of the tweet-a-thon, hope you all enjoyed the episode!

Si.

It was superb stuff, Si - I really enjoyed it!

Lots of lovely TARDIS scenes and an epic timeline for the Doctor and Tom to explore have made this one a bit of a winner. It's also great to have a story that focuses on their relationship straight away, it's all helping to establish Tom's character as well as showing us more about the Doctor.

More thoughts later!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I really enjoyed that episode! Lovely production from Si throughout made all the different settings from the ship to the desolate wasteland at the end sound really convincing. All very nicely done! I especially liked the last TARDIS scene with the hints of Inferno about it- very creative!

It's a very well written episode from Jon I think. He really nailed the relationship between the Doctor and Tom and it was great fun to play.

Nice stuff for everyone else too- the accents if nothing else are nice and creative!

I was really pleased with the idea to use the Inferno sound effect so I'm glad that was well received.

There was some comment in the tweetcast about my use of the Series 5 "Doctor theme" - I had/have no idea if this is "common parlence" this year, but it seemed to really suit the "Doctor takes over" vibe of the scene.

I hope my Russian guard in the last scene was ok - I had to record it while ill, in an accent I couldn't do! So it was quite a challenge!

Si.

There was some comment in the tweetcast about my use of the Series 5 "Doctor theme"
    Yeah, it works in context. It's a great bit of excitement music, so why not?

The accents were fine, in general. I still think that my own 'Posh English' accent is the least convincing!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Listening to it now. I like the theme tune!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

The accents were fine and a great cliffy too. My first full PS audio episode under my belt.

Well done to you all.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Glad you enjoyed it Duncan!

Excellent stuff from cast and crew - thought someone might enjoy all the potential for TARDIS effects (and there's more to come).

Don't worry about the accents - I was thinking DW meets 'Allo allo anyway, so the more outrageous the accents the better (even the English ones, I say !)
    Bazinga !

Don't worry about the accents - I was thinking DW meets 'Allo allo anyway, so the more outrageous the accents the better (even the English ones, I say !)
    I remember a lot of laughing while we were making it, most of it at the accents! At least mine is supposed to be terrible... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

This one was a joy to play. I've already said that this period of history is a weak point for me anyway, but Jon's script gave me lots of lovely lines and moments- my favourite of which is probably the business in the cells...

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

That was fantastic. I love the way that Si manages to really make you feel as though you are in the locations with the charcters - the background sounds and the like really are just spot on.

The story so far is great; I love all the settings and the proper dialogue (by that I mean that the characters actually have lifelike conversations rather than just spit our plot relevant lines all the time - it feels like the kind of story that we might have got in classic Who had they thought of it).

I love the accents, especially Ant's 'Michelle from Allo Allo'!

The relationship between Tom and the Doc is a bit tense in this one. I actually found myself agreeing with Tom's viewpoint rather than the Doctor's at times - I also love the thought of the Doctor influencing history by going from party to party!

Terrific stuff - looking forward to the next episode.

PS - I also noticed about a second of my music from Once Upon a Time Lord in there.........which was nice!

Thanks Andrew!

Once a cue goes into my melting pot it's liable to get hauled into future service if its fits a scene!

Si.

and the proper dialogue (by that I mean that the characters actually have lifelike conversations rather than just spit our plot relevant lines all the time - it feels like the kind of story that we might have got in classic Who had they thought of it).
    There's no greater praise than that. I'm sure Jon will be delighted by the review- he should be!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    There's no greater praise than that. I'm sure Jon will be delighted by the review- he should be!
    If he doesn't pay my fee I will retract my comments!!!

Just to say that I've just finished listening to this properly for the first time since I've not been ill and have lots of superlative things to say but currently not enough time to say them.
    Initially I must echo the previous thanks to Si for working so hard on putting all the scenes together and realising the soundscapes so wonderfully.
    More thoughts soon but well done to everyone else involved I feel immensely privileged to have made my acting debut in an online audio drama in this play!

Thanks for all the kind words so far

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    If he doesn't pay my fee I will retract my comments!!!
    You're already on a hefty retainer to say nice things about me

I felt more confident in writing this one, so I'm glad the conversational style and the spikiness between Doctor and Tom seem to have come over OK.

The downside is that poor old Si has had to deal with a massively overrunning script rather than an underrunning one . As always, his use of music and sound has been spot on - down to the wibblywobbly flashback noise I requested. And the same quality has been maintained by the acting, some of which I was lucky enough to hear being recorded, and some of which has come as a complete surprise (love the party scene guys)

I can hopefully promise more dodgy accents, more red hot TARDIS action and plenty of swashes being buckled in part 2 !
    Bazinga !

This is fast becoming my fav audio. P.S.Audios has become rather professional. This is wonderful in both script, acting & production.
    Well done all concerned.

I loved the opening TARDIS scene, excellent interplay between Tom & The Doctor.
    I love the accents. "Grapefruit, Asparagus" indeed! Excellent cell scene, very Doctor Who.

I love the party.

I can't wait for the next episode.

Glad you're enjoying it so much Tim! And indeed everyone. It's very nice to know that all the planning for this season is paying off

Part 2 will be online tomorrow at 5pm

and I've arrived at the party late as usual :-) Great story - well done Jon. The reference to Merton, Wimbledon spooked me out a bit cos that's where I'm working now! Yep I loved the flashback harp music. I never knew Si Hunt could play the harp ;-) I can just picture it now....

Is it just me, or is Brendan's Doctor getting a bit jiggy with the TARDIS? It's the way his breathy tones utters lines such as "just ease into the vortex" and mentions of carefully nudging the TARDIS. I hope there's a cold shower somewhere near the console room!

My favourite line was where the Doctor suddenly interrupts his own conversation by saying "this port is magnificent". Very Pertwee!

Tom is getting to be a very likeable character and his growing exasperation with the situation and the Doctor is very compelling.

Looking forward to part 2 this evening. Hope Officer Crabtree puts in an appearance :-) Bravo everyone!

I'll have you know that the Doctor always treats the TARDIS like a lady.

I can promise that the accent stakes are going to be significantly upped at 5pm today...!

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

People always tell me I harp on...

Si.