Default Doctor Who: The Comic Strip Companion

The Comic Strip Companion: The Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to Doctor Who in Comics: 1964 — 1979
    by Paul Scoones

First launched in the pages of TV Comic in November 1964, the comic strip version of Doctor Who is just one year younger than the television series on which it is based. This is its story.

This volume chronicles the first 15 years of the Doctor Who comic strip from its origin in TV Comic to just before the ongoing strip was launched as a regular feature in Doctor Who Weekly in 1979. During this time more than 200 comic strip stories were published in the pages of TV Comic, Countdown, TV Action, TV Century 21, The Dr Who Annual and the Dalek books.

Every strip is covered in depth, including plot details, continuity, points of interest and analysis. For the first time, details about the creation and development of the adventures are documented, alongside comments from some of the original writers and artists.

Follow the exploits of the Doctor in his first four incarnations alongside John, Gillian, Jamie, Sarah and Leela as he battles Daleks, Cybermen, Quarks, Kleptons, Trods, Sarracoids and the Ugrakks!

The Comic Strip Companion is your comprehensive guide to Doctor Who in the comics.

The book is an A5 paperback book, approx. 500 pages long with an 8-page colour section.

Scheduled for publication 30 September 2012, the book is available to pre-order from Telos here.
    Looks very good!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

While a fair amount of the information's not exactly new, it'd be nice to have it all in one place for a change.

PS. I'm not even going to pass comment on the Whostrology book mentioned on the same page!