Default Planet Skaro Audios Series 5 Charity donations

Dear all,

In the past Planet Skaro has raised a great deal of money for various charities through our audio plays. That's something to be really proud of.

We'd like to continue this, and ask that if you're enjoying our current season you make a contribution, as large or as small as you like to our chosen charity.

As some of you may know, one of our forum members, Fatso The Wombat aka Ash Stewart lost his wife after battling cancer for the last couple of years. She was in her early 30s. We in the Bracknell group had the pleasure of meeting her a couple of times and we know how much Ash and her two children will miss her over the coming days and years.

For that reason, we have chosen one of the charities he nominated, The Duchess of Kent House Hospice in Reading, who cared for Jasmine in the last few days of her life. You can find out more about them here: http://www.dokhc.org.uk/Pages/Hospice.aspx?pid=NgA%3D

If you'd like to contribute to our collection, then follow this link to our Just Giving page: http://www.justgiving.com/planetskaro

Thank you in advance,
    Simon

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

A big thank you to everyone who has donated so far. It's much appreciated.

Hi,

I'd just like to take a moment to thank everyone that's already donated, and those who will donate in the future.

I'd also like to thank everyone that was involved in making the decision to donate to the hospice; the work they do there is very difficult work, as it's dealing with those who are close to death. Most nurses tend to patients they hope will get better, but the nurses there know this is impossible.

Jasmine was at the Duchess of Kent for the last few days of her life, and I've got nothing but the highest praise for the staff who tended to her during that time.

(As an aside; the vicar who did the funeral service is the one who works at the hospice.)

So, again; thank you.

All the best,

Ash

I had a lovely letter from the Hospice yesterday thanking us for raising £117 so far. It's very much appreciated and a big thank you from me goes out to everyone who has donated.