Default CP Studios Doctor Who Audio Adventures

So, I've been away for a long time. I seem to forget about you guys a lot. I still keep some lost story titles of yours in my head sometimes, like Landfall: Raaga. I've been off making my own Doctor Who audio adventures with a friend of mine and I have the first episode of the new season here to share

DOCTOR WHO
    Las Pinturas Negras
    by Scott D. Harris and James P. Quick

"Do not underestimate the powers of the mind, for they are plenty."

The TARDIS lands in late-1800's Madrid and the freshly-regenerated Doctor and his companions quickly find that their intended lunch is going to have to be put off. The apparition of the Doctor's late acquaintance Francisco Goya has been spotted in the town, and it is feared by Goya's grandson Mariano and his ward Miguel that its appearance is linked to the activities of a local man by the name of Ricardo Solozano.

"I'll strangle you with your own guts, Doctor!"

It soon becomes apparent that Solozano is at the center of a disgusting web of lies, death, and the occult. His actions provoke odd questions that are, in some way, shape, or form, linked. Why is he so infatuated with only one of the late Goya's infamous Black Paintings - "The Great He-Goat" - while denouncing the others? How does this link back to his well-hidden occult background? And just what does he plan to accomplish with the fabled Rosenkreuz Manuscript? Time is running out and the Doctor's tenth incarnation may be in for a considerably shorter life than he expected...

"This wasn't part of the plan..."

Cast (for Episode One)
    MATHEW URCH as the Doctor (the one who regenerates)
    SCOTT D. HARRIS as the Doctor and the Third Cultist
    APRIL SADOWSKI as Whitney Anderson
    CAITH DONOVAN as Zacharias Cobb
    JULIAN BANE as Mariano Goya
    JYM DeNATALE as Ricardo Solozano
    BRIAN HIGGINS as Miguel
    ANTHONY LoGATTO as the Second Cultist
    and JAMES P. QUICK as the CyberController and the First Cultist

Download it here.

If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it. I hope you all enjoy and I apologize for the lack of a website with more info. We're working on it!

No, that's great! We'll have to have a listen to this one
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm delighted that we've been an inspiration!

Marvellous and bewildering reference to the aborted Paul Clement audio script "Landfall on Raaga"!

Si.

James, getting Jym DeNatale to join the cast is a great coup. He was the Doctor for my favourite DWAD story, The Perfection Society. He was also the Doctor I originally started writing Hortima Prime for, although he obviously regenerated before it was released. I had to go back an change the Doctor's character to fit with James K Flynn. I also had to change Christine to Moira, which probably explains why that audio seemed to take so long to finish writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I'm delighted that we've been an inspiration!

Marvellous and bewildering reference to the aborted Paul Clement audio script "Landfall on Raaga"!

Si.
    Si, it actually was Landfall: Raaga rather that Landfall on Raaga. Can't believe James got that spot on. How eerie.

I remember titles I like, what else can I say? I still remember our old idea "Requiem for Terra", Paul! And Jym is brilliant, yes. He's a good friend, as is Sheri. I intend to feature Jym's Doctor in a certain Season Two story, if at all possible.

Episode two should be done in about two weeks or so. I'm just in need of someone to do a single line for the Dalek that appears in the Doctor's mind battle. If anyone's interested, send me a PM...

Listening now - the production is pretty good, plus we're at the end of one story and the start of the next, which is a good place to begin. The old and new Doctors are both pretty good too!

On the negative side, there's a little too much description of what's happening, which is always difficult to avoid.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Great accents too! The acting and production are of a very high quality, this really sparkles.

OK, that was pretty good, nicely atmospheric with lots of Spanish evil occult stuff going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    James, getting Jym DeNatale to join the cast is a great coup. He was the Doctor for my favourite DWAD story, The Perfection Society. He was also the Doctor I originally started writing Hortima Prime for, although he obviously regenerated before it was released. I had to go back an change the Doctor's character to fit with James K Flynn. I also had to change Christine to Moira, which probably explains why that audio seemed to take so long to finish writing.
    Oh, you're that Paul Clement. I liked the Perfection Society (7/10). Yes, getting DeNatale is a plus. I'll have to listen to this audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard View Post
    Oh, you're that Paul Clement. I liked the Perfection Society (7/10). Yes, getting DeNatale is a plus. I'll have to listen to this audio.

Yes, I am. Is that a good or bad thing?

If 'Hortima Prime' was your first attempt at writing a Doctor Who script then it's not a bad thing at all. I don't have all the information on who wrote the various Planet Skaro Audios. Are any of them yours? And are you still writing?

Paul wrote Christmas Spirits and we're very much hoping to get him to write another one for us for the next season- though we haven't told him that yet!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard View Post
    If 'Hortima Prime' was your first attempt at writing a Doctor Who script then it's not a bad thing at all. I don't have all the information on who wrote the various Planet Skaro Audios. Are any of them yours? And are you still writing?
    Yes, Hortima Prime was my first Doctor Who script. Then, as Si has mentioned, I wrote Christmas Spirits for PS Audios. I haven't written anything for a while, mainly as we went back down to one laptop in the house, which meant less time for me to access it. Should be back to two laptops in the next couple of weeks and will have more time to write again.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Paul wrote Christmas Spirits and we're very much hoping to get him to write another one for us for the next season- though we haven't told him that yet!
    I'm suitably intrigued.

If one last person can get their lines in, I can get Episode Two done in a flash. It's really just nine rather short scenes. I'm thinking things are a bit lopsided here. Long first slice, skimpy middle, and third slice - slightly thicker than the first. Here's your Who-Hero, extra mind meddling with a side of "WTF is going on?" That'll be 10 bucks. Then onto scripting the second story: "The Accidental Incursion" before moving to the 50th Anniversary special, "The Land of Luxury".

Part Two is going to be delayed. I'm out of commission with a knee injury and an MRI is pending. I'll get it done as soon as possible.

"Soon as possible." Bullcrap, past me. Bullcrap, I say! Anyway, Episode Two is done. Three's expected in September.

Download link