In other news, Stavros Mountbatten, the well-known Duke of Edinburgh, has announced his retirement from public life, to take effect in the autumn.

"The wife told me to shut up," he explained, "so I decided to take her advice."

"A mere seventy years too late," stated an anonymous Prince of Wales.

He will be spending his spare time returning to his hobbies of shooting endangered species; driving down the Mall in a motorised bath chair waving an egg whisk and a sink plunger; and yelling "Remember 1966, Fritz!" and "Yanks go home!" at passing tourists.

Stuart Wallis, royal reporter for the Planet Skaro website, said, "If Price Harry doesn't start speaking cobblers, or if the Duke of York doesn't get himself into more deep trouble, there goes my act!"

Remember how Diana was a comedy punchline (in Drop the Dead Donkey among others) before she died but "even wankers turn into top blokes after death" to quote the Chaser?

Thinking of certain reality show contestants, and I'm thinking of several who haven't necessarily died, this is sadly true.

Here is the news. On Friday, Philip Hammond, the chancellor of the Exchequer, was criticised by train drivers for his views on the job - "even women can do it*". He has since declined to comment on saving the universe.

*-Front page of the Sun newspaper, 15/7/2017

And in today's news, this year's annual Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal Appreciation Society convention has had to be cancelled because those who knew when it was couldn't remember where it was being held - except for an elderly scientist who has no idea why he'd turned up. Luckily, he was treated to a special guest appearance and non-appearance by Schroedinger's Cat.

Apologies if there is a Fanbase of the show on here but BIG BROTHER apparently axed due to low ratings!
    Mind you they'll probably put on something even worse. Channel 5 isn't it?
    Probably more time for a "PEOPLE ON BENEFITS ARE SCUM AND SHOULD BE GASSED" marathon.
    I remember it used to show Lexx. That was great. They even showed Wentworth until stuff started happening that made them go "Yikes! We better kick this further down to the channels to 5AlsoRans so we can show our new reality show The Bottom Inspectors".

Or something.

Big brother... Big Brother... Oh I remember that! Never did have time for it then, but I remember the relief I felt when C4 dropped it - and the bewilderment when C5 picked it up despite C4 dropping it for exactly the same reason they're getting rid of it now. (Before anyone picks up on it, C4 passed live cricket coverage to C5, and then they dropped it soon afterwards, but for different reasons - Sky offered more money for the rights. I'd have said Murdoch would have done the same for Big Brother, and welcome to it!)

It's occurred to me that Peter Capaldi was vaguely Pertweeish in his portrayal of the Doctor - his bouffant grew as time went on...

COFFEE!!!! I'm living on coffee.

That is all.

That explains a lot!

Indeed Monitor, Indeed.

It's a bit hot!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Boasting again...

I'm really hot.

We know!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Bit of rain and a slightly cooler no more than 20°.
    Would love to send it your way but I'm not entrusted enough to control the weather. Sorry about that!

Would love to send our patchy Scottish weather down to you as well. Can't complain though, it's been a cracking summer so far...here's hoping the rain stays away for our BBQ planned for Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    We know!

It was 29C here yesterday...too damn hot! Planned BBQ is asking for trouble.

this, that, and the other

Just heard in the library:

Mother to daughter: "Twelve divided by 3 isn't thirty-six, is it?"

And we thought standards were falling...

We were right!

Emilia Clarke is totally wooden, hopefully never to appear in Doctor Who unless they want a monster that sweats Mr Sheen.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Betts View Post
    hopefully never to appear in Doctor Who unless they want a monster that sweats Mr Sheen.
    Hush, you might give Chibnall ideas!

Well at least it would be a polished performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    In other news, Stavros Mountbatten, the well-known Duke of Edinburgh, has announced his retirement from public life, to take effect in the autumn.

"The wife told me to shut up," he explained, "so I decided to take her advice."

"A mere seventy years too late," stated an anonymous Prince of Wales.

He will be spending his spare time returning to his hobbies of shooting endangered species; driving down the Mall in a motorised bath chair waving an egg whisk and a sink plunger; and yelling "Remember 1966, Fritz!" and "Yanks go home!" at passing tourists.

Stuart Wallis, royal reporter for the Planet Skaro website, said, "If Price Harry doesn't start speaking cobblers, or if the Duke of York doesn't get himself into more deep trouble, there goes my act!"
    I propose that we immediately burn Mr Wallis as he is clearly a witch with dangerous knowledge of the future
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    I propose that we immediately burn Mr Wallis as he is clearly a witch with dangerous knowledge of the future
    ...does knowledge of Euromillions numbers for all draws with a prize of at least £80million count as dangerous? Bearing in mind who gets to benefit from them...