Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

I notice that the new Government Chief Whip is Simon Hart.

As long as he's happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Or Terror Of The Autons, with the titular monsters on the Master's Magical Mystery Tour by coach.

Or The Web Of Fear - another form of public transport not going anywhere...!
    Lockdown part three. Or four. Lost count. Anyway. Fireworks thrown at bus drivers? Check.
    Laser pens shone into eyes of drivers? Check.
    And finally, barricades dragged into middle of street and set on fire? Check!
    3 out of 3. Do I win anything? Bring back National Service? Oh these people are already using paramilitary techniques. So I don't think that will help. I've zero military mentality yet I've still got more respect for this country than most!

I saw Peter and Christopher on the Terry Wogan chat show thirty-od years ago (showing my age again!). Turns out they were best friends.

I like this advert.

I'm kind of surprised that the girl has never surfaced. BBC Radio tried to trace her for a live interview and on-air reunion with Dean Cook a couple of years ago but couldn't locate her. Very puzzling

Are you sure that boy's not Robbie Williams?

I used to go to the same hairdresser as Dean when I still lived in Essex. I believe he was at school alongside my siblings but I can't remember how old he'd be now.

Yellow Pages should have really gone for shock value - done "Mistletoe", but your Mary Whitehouse's choke on their mince pies because Dean and the little girl are in the opposite outfits.

Hee, Hee, Hee!

Will's girlfriend Eloise in The Tripods was played by two actresses due to the death of Charlotte Long in a car crash. She went from being quite an actual hottie to being that toothy gawky bird from Howard's Way.

The animal "rights" activists that protest racing want the horses (and other non-sapient organisms) put on the same level as humans.

Now that race horses are considered people they can be executed as traitors when they break down.

;-)

As always, I can't help it if it makes me seem like a jerk (or worse) - Nazis!

Two days ago I saw the trailer for a film, and for ten seconds all I could see was that it was some kind of period one set in Europe. Maybe I'm awful, but I wondered, "Where are the Nazis?"

A few seconds later, there they were. No matter what a subject is (even that one), it shouldn't be that easy to see it coming in a story.

Just after Anne Heche's accident, and before it was known that the injuries were fatal, i got booted off a Facebook group for posting that her next film role would be as Freddy in a new sequel to "Nightmare on Elm Street".

This comment was posted on the Digital Spy forums earlier today:-

I just had this though. Kamelion was a shape shifting robot. So why did they not make him a human appearance for his duration and use the shape shifting when need?

It saves having to use the prop as much as possible as well not ignoring his existance in every story he is travelling as other then a deleted scene in the Awakening, he only appeared in his introduction and departure stories. That always bugged me even though I knew it's due to the prop. But again he is a shape shifting robot. He didn't need to be in robot form.
    Just occasionally, the bleeding obvious really does need pointing out!

I find Davy Jones and his stupid song "Girl" irritating. Then again, Marcia Brady had the brains of a dead elm tree...

A little lady who was Carrie Ingalls in another screen life. And her immortal words on this show (Matt Houston)?

“Do hookers go to Heaven?”

You have heard about what's coming to iPlayer in November? I thought about making a thread about it.
    But the only title I could think of is "Everything".
    Well everything except Tribe of Gum due to Coburn heir disputation.
    But wow... I really think releasing every Classic Doctor Who story on iPlayer is going to cause so many accidents and loss in productivity!
    Although naturally who wouldn't for fun create a four part story by closing eyes and pointing at a different Doctor four times, whatever story closed eyes and points at has one episode watched.
    First go, first episode. Second go, second episode etc.
    I'd love to create a 6 or 7 part story but that limits choice.
    No idea if Telesnaps or Animation. Over 800 hours of Doctor Who! So probably both and all of it. Except Tribe of Gum etc.
    Sarah Jane Adventures, Torchwood... Even Class! (I still can't get into it! I'm still left cold every time I try!)
    K9 & Company?
    Well consider this your 15 day affairs in order warning. Get anything you want done because 800 hours plus!!!! Of BBC Doctor Who content that isn't An Unearthly Child coming to iPlayer!!!!

What's the problem with Coburn's hair? I'll sell him a wig!

You've been in Reno, I've been in rehab...is there a difference?

Amy Winehouse hasn’t been in rehab for over a decade but Elvis already had dibs on Vegas as a place to troll people?

They couldn't get Amy into rehab, or Elvis out of anywhere in Nevada, frankly. Neither were invited into retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    They couldn't get Amy into rehab, or Elvis out of anywhere in Nevada, frankly. Neither were invited into retail.
    True.

You know, Little Athletics cost a lot of barter with one's mother almost 30 years ago by the way. Photo too fragile so i photographed the album and used AI to show you what the actual photo looked like before the album spent years in my family's loft

Signed Henry Handel Richardson...

Last edited by Leah Betts; 28th Oct 2023 at 9:33 PM.

I notice that the Sun "newspaper" has described friend of Lorraine Kelly, Esther McVey, as the new Minister for Common Sense. According to Wikipedia, she's a Minister Without Portfolio (she'll be getting all the random jobs that doesn't fit clearly into anyone else's ministerial brief). It says a lot when of two sources of information, Wikipedia sounds the more likely - where does one find common sense anywhere these days, never mind politics?

the (admittedly legendary to some) British Yellow Pages "Mistletoe" advert from 1992. The girl remains unknown (the boy, Dean Cook, respects her privacy in all his interviews)

Tv Whirl:

"Originally produced during the 'Good Old Yellow Pages' era in the early 90s, the famous Christmas version of the Yellow Pages advert well outlived any others from the campaign. Reappearing every Christmas without fail well into the 2000s, when only the internet largely killing off the big thick book resulted in the advert becoming increasingly irrelevant".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywjfSVrCqnk