Default 'Recovery' (BBC1 drama with David Tennant & Sarah Parish)

BBC1's Tony Marchant drama starring David Tennant and Sarah Parish - held back from the Autumn season - finally appears later this month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pro...laced_recovery

BBC Recovery
    Unplaced
    Day and time to be confirmed BBC ONE
    www.bbc.co.uk/drama

David Tennant and Sarah Parish star in a powerful drama for BBC One, written by Bafta award-winning writer Tony Marchant creator of Holding On, Crime And Punishment, Kid In The Corner and The Knight's Tale.

Alan and Tricia Hamilton are very happy. He's the head of a building firm and on top of his game, while she's a part-time beautician and a mother to their two sons.

But one day their perfect, if unremarkable, life is torn apart when a last-minute decision to pop out for a quick drink with a colleague sees Alan step out in front of a passing car.

The accident leaves him in a deep coma but with remarkably few physical injuries. Desperately worried about him, Tricia is delighted when he comes round only to discover that the man she loved has disappeared. His behaviour has changed; he has lost all of his inhibitions and he veers from angry and frustrated to vulnerable and childlike. Simple tasks such as making toast and getting dressed are beyond him, he is unable to hold down the job he loves and he plays and laughs with his sons as if he's a child.

Alan's behaviour puts his relationship with Tricia under intolerable stress. She longs to find the husband she loves in there somewhere but fears she may have lost him for ever.

Tony Marchant's script was partly inspired by research he undertook with the charity Headway, but also deals with the concept of identity.
    Both of them get naked and Tennant has to crap in a bucket:

http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/blog/20...ing-to-me.html

Should be worth a look!

Default Recovery tonight on BBC1 9pm (merged)

any body going to be watching this with David Tennent - looks like it's going to be a very powerfull piece of tv drama..

When's it on?

Pip Madeley Guest

Tomorrow night at 9pm, on BBC One.

This traumatic yet sometimes humorous one-off drama explores the experience of brain damage and its impact.

Alan (David Tennant) and Tricia (Sarah Parish) Hamilton are blissfully happy. He's on top of his game and head of a building firm. She's a beautician and mother to their two children.

One day their perfect life is torn apart when Alan steps in front of a passing car.

The resulting accident leaves him in a deep coma. Tricia is delighted when he awakes - only to discover the man she loved has disappeared.

Tricia longs to find her husband but fears she may have lost him forever.
    Info here

Miserable git that I am, I usually follow the rule that the quality of any drama is inversely proprotional to the amount of hype and plugging it gets in the weeks beforehand.

Life on Mars being the exception that proves the rule.
    Bazinga !

Would have tuned in, but it clashes with 24 and Lost - not that I may be watching them for much longer thanks to the Sky/Virgin dispute...

Wayne Guest

Doubt if i'll bother with it.

I thought that was incredibly moving, very harrowing and not easy to watch, but quite brilliant nonetheless. David was superb. I can't imagine this was an easy role to play (nor Sarah Parish's character either for that matter) but he/ they both did wonderfully.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

What Si said. Very moving powerful performances from the main cast.
    Agree or disagree, but this kind of stuff is what we pay the licence fee for.

What Si & Steve said. It was very well acted & it showed David has talent to do a range of emotions. I was also impressed how well the kids acted. A very good piece of drama that was both harrowing & compelling.

can't really add any more a very powerfull and grity piece of tv drama - the BBC always seem to do these things so well..