View Poll Results: Do you want the Forum Jump option back?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! It was invaluable!

8 34.78%
  • Not fussed to be honest.

8 34.78%
  • No, I never used it.

7 30.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    The forum's running a bit slow today. Can't you do something to fix it?

Tee hee.

Si.
    That Tee Hee made a lot of difference, believe me.

It's a triumph for democracy!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I still haven't voted!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    It's a triumph for democracy!

Si xx

isn't it a split decision - but who cares i'm just glad to have the "go"
    box back..

Wayne Guest

What 'go' box? What 'Forum Jump Function'? I still don't even know what were talking about.

You probably shouldn't care either way then Wayne!

After you make a post, there is a 'Go' button on the lower right hand side of the screen, and a dropdown, enabling you to jump back to any forum (a bit like the forum select dropdown on the old PS). It's right down the bottom on the right, labelled "Forum Jump". Without it, you have to either use your browser back button or find the link at the top of the page to go back to the forum you were looking at.

Pip removed it to make things faster, but it's been brought back now due to public demand!

Si.

Wayne Guest

You probably shouldn't care either way then Wayne!

After you make a post, there is a 'Go' button on the lower right hand side of the screen, and a dropdown, enabling you to jump back to any forum (a bit like the forum select dropdown on the old PS). It's right down the bottom on the right, labelled "Forum Jump". Without it, you have to either use your browser back button or find the link at the top of the page to go back to the forum you were looking at.

Pip removed it to make things faster, but it's been brought back now due to public demand!

Si.
    Oh yes, there it is. I had to look for it though! I've never ever even noticed it, let alone used it.
    I've always done the back button thing or just clicked on the home page link. I suppose that's what i'm used to.

The problem is that the homepage link doesn't take you back into the forum you were browsing, and using the back button doesn't refresh the forum with any new posts made in the last few minutes (including your own). Either way it requires another couple of clicks which is annoying. You really need a button to go straight back to the forum and continue browsing, updating it on the way.

Si.

Wayne Guest

The problem is that the homepage link doesn't take you back into the forum you were browsing, and using the back button doesn't refresh the forum with any new posts made in the last few minutes (including your own). Either way it requires another couple of clicks which is annoying. You really need a button to go straight back to the forum and continue browsing, updating it on the way.

Si.
    I suppose so, but i'm just used to hitting my refresh button a lot so that i don't miss anything.
    But then i'm a bit like Mr.Hart described himself earlier, my style of browsing is a bit all over the place anyway. I'm not very uniform with it.
    Having said all that, the forum's been running sweet for me for the last few days, which seems to indicate that the problem wasn't to do with the Forum Jump Function at all. It was probably the server all along.