Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Oh my!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Blimey hope no musician dies in the next couple of weeks - who's going to do the obituary?

I've always liked Gambo - I hope these accusations aren't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    Blimey hope no musician dies in the next couple of weeks - who's going to do the obituary?

I've always liked Gambo - I hope these accusations aren't true.
    Ditto, I've some tapes of a lot of his old Saturday afternoon shows, and of when he did The Motown Story in 1984.

Shocked is all I can say!!

Shockingly, at this rate it'll soon be easier to list those who've not been involved.

It seems that during the 70's & 80's this sort of thing was not only done & known about but seems to have been rife and the 'norm'. Sickening really.

The Paul Gambaccini thing is a bit weird, as straight after the announcement of Saville's crimes he was one of the first to say "I knew all along" - which left a bad taste in my mouth, as it came across as boasting, and if that was the case, why didn't he do anything?
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

If one were being cynical, one might say the answer is now allegedly self-evident.

Season of goodwill, eh?
    Front page of tomorrow's Daily Mirror. The allegation that and a girl aged 7...
    I knew he was being charged but... damn.

Just seen the things on Rolf Harris. This stuff is sickening enough when it's someone you don't know. But when it's someone you genuinely looked up to, it really upsetting. You don't want to see them dragged through the mud, but neither do you want to defend them if they're genuinely guilty.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

7!! God this makes me sick.

I know. It's awful isn't it? All this corruption in people we grew up looking up to.

It's up to the court to decide these things ultimately, but one does wonder, the more they find out, the greater the odds that he's done something undescribable.

As an aside but on the same topic, this sort of thing's been brought closer to home recently. A friend of mine has another friend who's been great knitting presents for his 14-month old daughter. Sadly, her son has just got out of prison for having certain photography, and all three of them ended up going to the same chhristmas do. There was naturally the discussion along the lines of debt to society paid and all that, but I still don't want you anywhere near my girl etc. It's a really sad business, it truly is.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/453...ed-boy-in-care

Finally! An MP gets accused. Whether anything gets taken further of course...

Rolf, DLT and William Roach are all in court this week.

Does this mean we get his TOTPs back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm hoping so- though there are only 8, apparently, in the rest of the year.

Let's not get too excited, since there's what to be done about the two remaining charges to be decided yet.

Jimmy Savile just appeared on my TV for a second in the documentary for the Robot DVD. What do I do?!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Get counselling?

Former Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis is to face a retrial on charges of indecent and sexual assault, the Crown Prosecution Service has said.

The 68-year-old, from Mentmore, Buckinghamshire, was found not guilty earlier this month of 12 counts of indecent assault.

However, the jury at Southwark Crown Court was unable to reach a verdict on the two outstanding charges.

Mr Travis was given bail and is due back in court on 28 March.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26322552
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

It's come to my attention that a book's been published called In Plain Sight: the Life and Lies of Jimmy Savile, by Dan Davies. It turns out that the author had been working on the book for ten years, but it worries me that anyone would still want to publish it, let alone read it...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    It's come to my attention that a book's been published called In Plain Sight: the Life and Lies of Jimmy Savile, by Dan Davies. It turns out that the author had been working on the book for ten years, but it worries me that anyone would still want to publish it, let alone read it...
    We live in a sick society where a book about Peter Sutcliffe will outsell a book on Gandhi 3 to 1, and more people are fascinated with Rose West than they are the Dalai Lama. This book will sell by the truckload.

Still, if he's been working on it for a decade, one can ask what did Dan Davies know about Savile a decade ago? And if he knew he was up to no good, and didn't report it, he needs to be publicly lambasted for being part of the problem.

There's a very good interview with Davies in the Guardian which explains a lot about the writing of the book and how hard it was to get anything concrete about Savile
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...in-plain-sight
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

EXCLUSIVE: Tragic Jill Dando probed BBC PAEDO ring

According to the retired BBC worker, the Crimewatch host was told that DJs, stars and corporation staff were involved in organised abuse.

But when she tried to get bosses to investigate the alleged ring and other abuse complaints inside the BBC “no one wanted to know”, the former friend said.

Undeterred, Jill is said to have then raised the claims with senior management in the mid-1990s but no investigation took place.

The TV host was shot dead a few years later on the doorstep of her London home. The 37-year-old’s murder remains unsolved.

Her ex-colleague, who asked to remain anonymous, said: “I don’t recall the names of all the stars now and don’t really want to implicate anyone but Jill said they were surprisingly big names.
    This story has been knocking around for years now, interesting the Star is going with it now.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild