Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    So does my cat!
    Just as well Edmund Warwick wasn't available...

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Doesn't that look great?

I'm thinking that if I won the Lotto, I'd give the BBC lots of money to re-make the missing stories.

Great idea! All it'd take would be for one Doctor Who fan to win the lottery...
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Yeah, I'll get on to it straight away.

Oh I'll get The Lads to do a bank job; it's more fun and you don't have to sit through Nick Knowles and Dale Winton of a Saturday evening in order to get the results!

I was just thinking about a comment that Si Hunt made on this thread a while back about the roundals not looking quite right. I'm not so sure that it's the roundals themselves but I've been thinking that something isn't quite right (and I don't just mean the green console).
    When I think of the original console room/control room, I imagine a large room with the console in the middle and not all that close to any of the surrounding walls. I'm sure it was never as close to the walls as it appears in the picture above. It looks more like some of the later classic series console rooms where the room itself did appear to get smaller - for example some of the latter day Tom Baker stories - roundabout season 16 or 17 I think!

I still think it looks great though, even with the green console!

To be fair, that was how it was in "Unearthly" and certain other stories ("The Web Planet" for example) but in subsequent stories the room got oddly smaller, presumably when they had less studio space. When you look at it in stories like "The Sensorites" for example, at the start, it's more cramped.

Si.

Same in The Aztecs. The actors have to shuffle around the console to get out of the TARDIS door.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

In The Chase they didn't even have room for the Console in the Console room in pt1!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Oh well, fair enough then. I haven't watched a Hartnell story for some time!

Shame on you for that!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Shame on you for that!

Si.
    Well, I have a wife and kids, therefore I'm last in the pecking order when it comes to choosing what goes on the TV!

I can't believe you couldn't tempt them all to sit down and watch The Web Planet with you.

Me neither! Your family needs to be tought that a slice of pure black and white Hartnell adventure is more entertaining than anything on today's channels. Whether you're a fan of brain creatures, robotic soldiers, lengthy law drama or domestic violence, the Keys of Marinus has it all. In many ways it's like every one of today's programmes rolled into one. So you don't NEED to watch modern TV at all, in a way. Just watch The Keys of Marinus instead. And learn that even if you have an enormous head, you can convincingly disguise yourself in a cloak.

Si.

Me neither! Your family needs to be tought that a slice of pure black and white Hartnell adventure is more entertaining than anything on today's channels. Whether you're a fan of brain creatures, robotic soldiers, lengthy law drama or domestic violence, the Keys of Marinus has it all. In many ways it's like every one of today's programmes rolled into one. So you don't NEED to watch modern TV at all,
    in a way. Just watch The Keys of Marinus instead. And learn that even if you have an enormous head, you can convincingly disguise yourself in a cloak.
    Si.

That's it - it's The Keys of Marinus tonight, followed by the Web Planet tomorrow night. I wonder what they would think of The Edge of Destruction?

Well, not a lot. It's shit.

Si.

Imagine the kids spending all summer holidays being Menoptra, Andrew - I'm sure you would never tire of being woken up by cries of "Za-a-a-a-a-a-a-rbi"!!

Simon does that and I can confirm it never gets any more tiresome than it is the first time.

Si.

That's close enough to a recommendation for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    I was just thinking about a comment that Si Hunt made on this thread a while back about the roundals not looking quite right. I'm not so sure that it's the roundals themselves but I've been thinking that something isn't quite right...
    Well I always thought the roundels in the back-ground were painted on a backdrop curtain & not solid set, but as with yourself, it's been a long time since I've watched an early Hartnell.

No, no, no. There was always one wall as a photo blow up then one wall as genuine roundels.

Well yes, there was always roundels on the door wall, but I was referring to the background roundels. If you look at Si's original picture it's the back wall that is recreated in solid.

The only painted backdrop version was in Battlefield.

The picture above may only be for demonstration purposes mightn't it, after all it's definitely too near the door.

I haven't seen AUC in a long time, but isn't there a 'proper' roundelled wall in addition to the door wall, but then also a 'blank' wall as well?

I have to be honest, I still can't quite believe that picture isn't CGI, it's just so smooth and clean, extraordinary!

Well, not a lot. It's shit.

Si.
    Best review ever!
    I must do one for 'Battlefield' along the same lines!