Thread: Ghost Rider

Default Ghost Rider

Topped the box office in the states on its opening(last)weekend and is due here in just under a week.It's the first of 07's big hitters from Marvel and i'm looking forward as it was Ghost Rider that introduced me to Marvel comics.In case you didn't know its starring Nicholas Cage and directed by the man behind Daredevil...

Anyone else looking forward to the tale of the man who made a pact with the devil and becomes a superhero as a result?

Hmmm...Sort of...I'm a big Nick Cage fan, and Ghost Rider seems quite a cool character (though I've not read any, I was always a bit of a diehard DC man myself) but the trailer just hasn't excited me that much to be honest.

I hope it's good, obviously, but will probably wait till it comes out on dvd...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

The trailer just looks like every other super hero movie trailer, doesn't it?

'Ghost Rider' is not a Marvel character I know very much about, and, while it could be a very good film (it's certainly got quite a few big names in the cast, what with cage and also Peter Fonda), like Alex, I think I'll wait until the DVD is released - wasting 6 of my hard-earned money and ninety valuable minutes of my life on the 'Fantastic 4' movie a few years back has made me suspicious of such films!!

I will, however, gladly put my cash towards 'Spider-Man 3' when that comes out this year. Now that's a superhero film I'm really looking forward to.

Completely overshadowed by Spider Man 3, eh?

Nick Cage wanted to be Superman, or maybe Batman, but he's wound up with Ghost Rider. At least he wasn't The Flash!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I prefer Ghost Writer.

Brought to you by the Children's Television Workshop.

La Noo.

I'm looking forward to this as well, I used to read the comics when I was a kid. It was an interesting concept at the time, but I wouldn't regard Ghost Rider as a superhero. The series was more supernatural in tone iirc, with Johnny Blaze selling his soul to the devil. I think this fitted in more with the Tomb Of Dracula and Werewolf By Night type of comics rather than Spider-Man & co.

Still, it's been 25 years or so since I read an issue, so I'll probably wait on the dvd coming out as well!

I will go to the cinema as its only costin me 3quid to go see it

The series was more supernatural in tone iirc, with Johnny Blaze selling his soul to the devil.
    Ghost Rider has had more origin reboots than I've had hot dinners!
    Not too excited by Ghost Rider to be honest. Its always struck me as a bit of 1970's-ish character and isn't the film by the same team as Daredevil which was hardly the best Marvel comic book adaptation?

Nick Cage was interviewed in SFX. Apparently the film will be about 'choices' and giving people a second chance. Also, Ghost Rider likes to relax by listening to Katherine Carpenter and eating Jelly Beans. I always think that those two things make for an enthralling movie.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

To be fair I didn't mind Daredevil(although the Director's Cut is a better film) so will be watching Ghost Rider(despite it being in development hell for years) with interest.If it entertains me then its done what it set out to do