Default Torchwood: The Exodus Code

From the Doctor Who News Page:

BBC Books have released details on the next book in their hardback range of novels, the first to feature spin-off series Torchwood; The Exodus Code is written by "Captain Jack" himself John Barrowman with his sister Carole, and is due to be published on 13th September.

The Exodus Code
    By John and Carole Barrowman

From Torchwood star John Barrowman, and Carole Barrowman, an epic thriller that finds Captain Jack and Gwen in a race to save humanity itself...

It starts with a series of unexplained events. Earth tremors across the globe. Women being driven insane by their heightened and scrambled senses. And the world is starting to notice – the number one Twitter trend is #realfemmefatales.

Governments and scientists are bewildered and silent. The world needs Torchwood, but there’s not much of Torchwood left.

Captain Jack has tracked the problem to its source: a village in Peru, where he’s uncovered evidence of alien involvement. In Cardiff, Gwen Cooper has discovered something alien and somehow connected to Jack. If the world is to be restored, she has to warn him – but she’s quickly becoming a victim of the madness too...

The novel will also be released on the same date as an audiobook

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    From Torchwood star John Barrowman, and Carole Barrowman, an epic thriller that finds Captain Jack and Gwen in a race to save humanity itself...[/URL]
    What, again?

Aren't there any new ideas

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Do we really need someone recycling old characters who everyone has forgotton about in a spin-off series of related adventures?

Si.

I find it odd that people mock the 'lack of originality' in Torchwood, and yet whoop for joy at any old crap that Doctor Who serves up. I don't see the Jack and Gwen show as Torchwood- there needs to be a discernable team, albeit fractious and dysfunctional.

That being said, I very seldom read fiction so am unlikely to be compelled to buy this.