View Poll Results: What's your prefered Cola?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coca-Cola

5 41.67%
  • Diet Coke

4 33.33%
  • Coke Zero

0 0%
  • Pepsi

2 16.67%
  • Diet Pepsi

0 0%
  • Can't taste the difference

1 8.33%
  • Don't like any

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Coca-Cola or Pepsi?

It's been a long time since the Cola wars happened. But most Cola drinkers seem to have a preference between Coke and Pepsi.

So, I want to know - what is your preference? Do you even notice a difference in flavour? How about between the Diet options?

Personally, I favour Diet Coke, although I can do regular Coca-Cola, too. Pepsi is a big no-no for me!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I'm more of a Pepsi Person - although whichever brand I buy it has to be diet. It all stems from a Biology lesson in school many years ago, when Mrs Bailey dangled a tooth in coca-cola for two days and showed us the rotting results

I remember I had various "taste tests" at a party I once hosted. From what I can recall, these were some of the tests:-

Aldi Tea v PG Tips
    Expensive wine vs cheap plonk
    McVities Bourbons v Kwik Save Bourbons

and I also had Coke v Pepsi. Unfortunately a rather drunk party guest mistook the experiment for a drinks bar, and added the coke to her vodka before the test started!! I still rib her about it now

Pepsi for me. Full strength only though. Aspartame is evil stuff.

Pepsi.

Although Bars only serve one or the other.
    If I ask for what they don't offer the bar staff say "we have XXX, would that do?" and I always have the opinion "yeah, that will do; they are the same"
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Neither! Hideous stuff!

Si.

It's been pointed out to me by my very caffeine allergic girlie reading over my shoulder that you don't have caffeine free Coke on the list. She doesn't particularly like it, but it's the only one that won't have her in hospital within 30 minutes of imbibing.

I usually go for Diet Coke, although I have caffine-free in the house at the moment.
    I'm not totally sure what Coke-Zero is for. Zero calories, sugar, caffine, additives, taste?

Argh! Please change my vote to Pepsi! The aborted human fetal tissue they put into the drink reflected back at me and made me cast the wrong vote!

http://www.naturalnews.com/035276_Pe...perations.html

They all taste OK to me except:
    1) Coca-cola gives me painful trapped wind and
    2) Diet Coca-cola contains psycho-active agents that make you depressed.

So overall I probably prefer Pepsi, however I haven't carried out a long-term scientific test on the effects of drinking the stuff.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Coke, particularly the cherry variety. Not keen on the diet version though.

I like Pepsi better than Coke, as it is a bit more sweet. I don't care for any diet soft drinks as they are vile stuff. In fact, I've heard it said that while pediatricians and the like obviously prefer that you do not give your kids any soft drinks, as they are all bad for you, they apparently say that if you DO let your kids indulge, they prefer that you give them the regular soda than the diet as the diet is worse for you.

By the way, the Coke Zeros and Pepsi One, Pepsi Next, Pepsi Max and all of that stuff is pretty much just different versions of the Diet Soft Drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip J Ludlam View Post
    Pepsi.

Although Bars only server one or the other.
    If I ask for what they don't offer the bar staff say "we have XXX, would that do?" and I always have the opinion "yeah, that will do; they are the same"
    That is a legal requirement. If you ask for a specific brand of drink and they give you a different drink, they are breaking the law.

I used to work in a bar and got very fed up with all the people who rolled their eyes at me when I had to say what you quoted.

----------------

Diet Coke for me, I prefer the flavour and the regular version gives me trapped wind. I will drink Pepsi if it's there, but it tastes "off" to me and reminds me strongly of that cheap Panda Cola. Anyone remember that?
    Why build an engine when you have a perfectly good whale?

Quote Originally Posted by MinaHarker View Post
    Diet Coke for me, I prefer the flavour and the regular version gives me trapped wind. I will drink Pepsi if it's there, but it tastes "off" to me and reminds me strongly of that cheap Panda Cola. Anyone remember that?
    I'm with you on all of that. Also I find that regular Coke/Pepsi coats my teeth in sugar, I can feel it.

I will drink Pepsi if it's there, but it tastes "off" to me and reminds me strongly of that cheap Panda Cola. Anyone remember that?
    Yes, I remember those. They did all sorts of cheap fizzy(ish) drinks.
    I recall bright red cherryaid - it smelt really sweet. You could guarantee a large swarm of wasps would follow you around for ages after even taking one sip of the stuff!!!

Bars only serve one or the other.
    That is a legal requirement. If you ask for a specific brand of drink and they give you a different drink, they are breaking the law.

I used to work in a bar and got very fed up with all the people who rolled their eyes at me when I had to say what you quoted.
    I didn't know it was a legal requirement - although if you think about it, that does make sense.

I do want to know; what is the non-branded way of asking for a Coco Cola or Pepsi?
    "Can I have some black soda please?"
    Always have an Edge

In the US, I think that both Coke and Pepsi are what's known as a "Cola" - so you could ask for a Cola. Though I don't know what you'd get if you asked for that in the UK

Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----

It's made from watered-down syrup in pubs and never tastes right, plus costs twenty times too much anyway. Stick to cans I say.

I think it is Cola over here to.
    Don't we have things like Sainsbury's Cola and such?
    Always have an Edge

Don't we have things like Sainsbury's Cola and such?
    Yep, nasty tasteless stuff it is too.

Given the chance, I drink Diet Coke from the glass bottles. I like those a lot, and it changes the taste for me a bit. Probably a psychological affect.
    Why build an engine when you have a perfectly good whale?

I know what you mean - when I drink water from a mug it doesn't taste as nice as water from a glass!

I prefer my Diet Coke from a can - again, I believe it tastes different to from a glass or plastic bottle

----

and reminds me strongly of that cheap Panda Cola. Anyone remember that?
    Panda Pops! Don't know whether they're still going, but until not that long ago they were the next-highest-selling brand in the UK after Pepsi and Coke, who had a joint 97% share of the market. And Panda Pops were cheaper. Make of that what you will...

On the subject of cans and bottles I was surprised by an article that says that cans actually keep beverages fresh the longest, and plastic bottles the least. Glass bottles are somewhere in between, but closer to the cans. That's why if you look at the 'best before date' on a plastic soda bottle it is usually only a few months out, whereas the best before date on a can may be a year or more away. In the case of beer there is also the fact that cans keep light out much better than bottles.

Can you still get Virgin Cola and Sainsbury's Classic Cola?