Default CC 7.04: The Last Post

The cover for Doctor Who: The Companion Chronicles – The Last Post is now online. The story stars Caroline John as Liz Shaw, in her last performance before her death in June.

“Carry’s death was a very sad blow for everyone at Big Finish, and the whole Doctor Who world,” says producer David Richardson. “We deliberated for a long time as to whether we should hold back the release of The Last Post until 2013, but Carry’s husband Geoffrey Beevers kindly suggested we should go ahead as planned. It is what Carry would have wanted.

“Carry really enjoyed working on this script, and the chance to work with Rowena Cooper as Liz’s mother, Emily. It was such a happy recording day that we had made plans for a sequel, which was storylined. But it was not to be.”

The Last Post will be released in October.

Beautiful cover.

Si.

I was just thinking the same Si. Carry looks gorgeous in that photo.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Superb job with the cover. A Big Finish I'm really looking forward to!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Please note that Big Finish have a sale of Companion Chronicles Series 1 this weekend (ending today). This includes The Blue Tooth read by Caroline, which I've just bought.

I know a number of people were looking forward to this, and it came out earlier this month. So....

*bump!*

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I've been very lucky with my choice of Comp Chrons recently - first Peri and the Piscon Paradox, and now The Last Post. Both sure fire 10/10s!!

Gosh what a clever story, as it incorporates all the Season 7 plots. And the relationship between Liz Shaw and her mother was a joy to listen to. A very warm & fitting tribute to Caroline John. Highly recommended.

It was a good one that one, wasn't it? At first I wasn't sure about the weaving of all the people she met into one huge plot, but since it was her last one, it worked well as a tribute, despite not being designed as one.

Caroline John, as always gave it her all. And it was lovely to hear Liz talking to her mum, Dame Emily.

One of the best.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.