Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

And another corking good episode this week! I'll really miss it when it's gone, and at the moment everything seems to be building towards one heck of a climax!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    ...and at the moment everything seems to be building towards one heck of a climax!
    Good news for Zel there.

Classic Tim!

Zel said she's got her fingers crossed, Tim!

Not her legs I hope?

Just caught up with this week's, another corker! I knew Bobby's set up as the train commissioner was going to lead elsewhere.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

We're a week behind. And still chuckling every time there's a throwaway comment about what this means for The Mexican Government.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The Mexican Cartel are about to get deadly serious! Not even iconic Judith Light can stand against them this time!

Si.

Really disappointed that this is finished now (just watched the last episode this morning). Clearly they were lining up for another run of nonsensical, absurd, crazy Texan shenanigans next year, a shame we won't get to see it.

We did the penultimate episode last night. Goodness me! The action did not let up through the whole thing! It's such a shame this has been cancelled as I like it even more than Wentworth.

As the season races towards it's conclusion, the stakes are raised and Judith Light's hair gets ever bigger, can't wait to see if it's finally curtains for John Ross!

Si.

PS Can't believe, even in the midst of a hostage situation, someone asked Sue Ellen to "pour me a drink". C'mon! Show some sensitivity!

someone asked Sue Ellen to "pour me a drink".
    She did an incredible range of twitches after that request!

We got to the end of the season earlier this week. What's impressed me most is that there has been no 'filler' material in any episode. Most soaps would have kept the John Ross / Emma affair going on until the season ending, but here it's wrapped up half-way through only to lead to bigger consequences. Every episode has felt like a season finale and every story line seemed to end at the right time.

There were some disappointments on the way - Christopher is a very likeable character and should have more to do, but his part as the conscience of the team is taken up by the magnificent Patrick Duffy as Bobby. It was nice when Ray and Lucy showed up, but again they didn't really add to the story.

Such as shame it's over as things were set up to be very interesting for next year.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

But what about the Mexican Government?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I thought Ryland's demotion from previously the nastiest man in Dallas into a good guy with not much to do was a shame, but there just wasn't room for yet another bad guy this year! At times it felt like he had no storylines.

But as Steve says, there was barely a wasted line this year.

Si.

Oh. I had no idea I'd been watching the last episode.

One of the best pieces of modern television I've seen, and a masterclass in how it's done. I'll really miss it. Again.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild