Thread: Nu-Di-Ty

Default Nu-Di-Ty

The so called "Naked Rambler" has been locked up for refusing to undergo a mental health check.

He was charged with "disrupting the peace" after his naked wanderings took him too close to a kids playground. The man - who appeared in the dock naked - has spent much of the last six years in prison for similar offences.

Why don't they just leave him alone? All he seems to want to do is walk around naked. Do the authorities feel threatened? Do people think kids (who are usually allowed to run round naked by their parents) will be corrupted by the sight of someone walking around without any clothes on? Isn't he more "natural" than all of us, covered in our man-made fibres?

I can't help but side with this man. And good on him, for refusing to undergo a "mental health check" just because he wants to be a naturalist.

And also - naturalism. Would you give it a go?

Si.

The issue of his mental health is a difficult one but to side-step that for the moment it should be pointed out that the reason for his custodial sentence is that he walked near the playground in Dunfermline despite having been offered a lift past it by police who were already aware of his movements. He had only been released from prison three days earlier so as a repeat offender who had refused to cooperate with social services, a further custodial sentence was sadly inevitable.

Naturism is certainly something that intrigues me but I'm not sure I'd ever have the courage to engage in it publically even in designated naturist areas.

I'd be too concerned about trapping/snagging bits on things. Even at home, I tend to have a pair of trunks or trackies on at all times I'm out of bed.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I'd be cold. Unless it was very hot.

Only if it was our Nude Day.

Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I think it'd be quite liberating. Though I guess you'd leave yourself open to all kinds of competitive issues, for example if you went into work and discovered that everyone else had a bigger willy than you.

Si.

I'm suddenly reminded of that rather amusing reality show on the now defunct Virgin one channel The Naked Office.

Unlike Si I don't think there's anyone left in my office who I wouldn't mind seeing naked. Hot telesales guy and Moderately hot producer both left several months ago.

I have nudist leanings, I've never been outside naked on a beach or, erm, played table tennis nude, and all of the things they presumably do, but I'm quite happy on a hot sunny day to wander around my bedsit without any clothes on. A sexy image to many, I know, but one I fear may horrify others so I keep it to myself.

I don't know if I would ever go to a nudist beach though, at least not on my own. And yes, ladies, that is a hint...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I'd consider it on a beach if it was spacious enough so you weren't near anyone else and there was no amazingly beautiful people around to make you feel inadequate (or aroused!). If only because it would avoid tan lines although sun burn would be a worry...

I tried nude sun-bathing on a beach once, but Green Peace kept trying to roll me back into the sea...

On the other hand at home I frequently "reveal myself to the Jedi" as it were, though generally after making sure all the curtains are closed. After all, we live on a frequent bus route!

But outside? Not likely - have you see the size of the thorns on my rose bushes?!
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

Nude on a beach...no thank you. That sand gets everywhere and there are some bits of me that I really wouldn't ant to get sunburnt.