View Poll Results: What did you think of The Power of Three?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10: I've got the power!

1 3.85%
  • 9: The power of Love

4 15.38%
  • 8: Power to the People

5 19.23%
  • 7: Power to all our friends

7 26.92%
  • 6: People have the power

2 7.69%
  • 5: Powerslave!

3 11.54%
  • 4: Raw Power

1 3.85%
  • 3: Power to Love

1 3.85%
  • 2: Power Failure

2 7.69%
  • 1: Higher Power

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This was the first story of the series I felt that I really enjoyed, even though I was let down by the cop-out sonic screwdriver ending. It was too rushed, something which has been common in most stories this season. I enjoyed this for the characterisations mostly, rather than being a particularly exciting story. I'm not even going to try and pick fault with the plotholes, I'd rather just sit back with this and enjoy the characters being themselves.

I loved Kate, btw. Hopefully we'll see a return appearance or two from the character in the future. 7/10

Finally seen this and went middle of the road 5/10. It had some good moments but was clearly meant to be about the Doctor vs the Ponds , and so all the other stuff got wasted in what could have been a great story (much like Eleventh Hour and Let's Kill Hitler). The Cubes, the orderlies, the kidnappings , the android and the Shakri all deserved more consideration and air time instead of being given short shrift, as did the new UNIT and Kate.

And never mind classic UNIT dating- has anyone got a clue what year any of this is supposed to be ?

The heart attack stuff was pretty poor though, and the plotholes were bigger than the wormholes. And I'd never advise using a defibrillator on someone whose heart hasn't stopped, coz you'll kill them by stopping their heart just as the Cubes did !! (expect loads of news stories about kids grabbing hospital defibrillators and trying it on their freinds )

Or maybe I've got the whole story wrong - maybe it was there to make us damned happy when the Ponds finally disappear next episode.....
    Bazinga !

It's set 8-10 years in the future. This would tie into the series 5 two-parter set in 2020 in which Amy and Rory see a future version of themselves waving from a distance.

And no, there aren't 2 Kates, Downtime and the BBC Books aren't part of the TV canon. She hasn't been mentioned on TV before but then neither was Doris mentioned before Battlefield.

Apart from in Planet of the Spiders, of course. Sorry Richard.

Indeed!

there aren't 2 Kates, Downtime and the BBC Books aren't part of the TV canon.
    Surely that's fluid. There's plenty of evidence either way if you wanted to argue the toss.

Si.

Well quite. There's nothing in this episode that would mean she isn't the same Kate as in Downtime as far as I can see.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Apart from in Planet of the Spiders, of course. Sorry Richard.
    I stand quite rightly corrected but she still wasn't mentioned in Mawdryn Undead although considering that's the story that officially screwed up UNIT dating that's probably not a bad thing.

I was slightly playing devil's advocate before. It's up to each individual fan how we all chose reconcile the differences between the various canons within the greater pantheon.

Maybe he didn't decide to meet Doris again until after his head problems were cleared by meeting the Doctor again in Mawdryn... perhaps it was another thing he'd forgotten?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Well quite. There's nothing in this episode that would mean she isn't the same Kate as in Downtime as far as I can see.
    I didn't mean to imply that there was 2 different Kates - however, I know some on PS get very het up when you try to use (what they consider to be) non canon sources to explain things.
    Bazinga !

Well it's all canon fodder, isn't it?