Default And Now I'm Going to Hang off a Cliff!

This may work, or it may become what in more polite times we used to call "a sleeper hit" (as opposed to a flop)! Anyway, amused by various comment on the 'net to the effect that if this was 1974, then "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" would have had a first episode called "A Spaceship" and would probably have held back its dinosaurs for a cliffhanger, it got me to a-thinking.

At one time or another we've all moaned that the New Series doesn't allow time for stories to breathe, they feel rushed, etc, etc. So if you could split some of the modern-day Who down (and by modern-day, I mean back to 2005, which I guess isn't now all that modern) what cliffhangers would you insert?

To get the ball rolling, and having rewatched last week's episode this morning, I'd say that in a four part version, the end of part one would be where the Doctor is thrown out of the village, and the Gunslinger appears behind him. The Doctor turns back to the villagers - they point their guns at him to keep him out - he turns back to the Gunslinger - the Gunslinger raises his weapon arm - we hear it powering up - a big close up of Matt's best cliffhanger-acting face - And cue end credits!!!!!

OK, let's think about this...

Boom Town:
    - Margaret seemingly escapes - via teleport!
    - The Doctor is out for dinner with Margaret, when she shoots the left-over poison through a dart in her FINGER!
    - There's a huge rumbling, as the Doctor realises that the TARDIS is in trouble...

We'd also have had the 'Very icy patch' incident at the start of Part One and maybe a lengthy flashback to Margaret landing in the rubbish dump.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Dalek - a 3 parter

EoEp1 - the Dalek breaks from from its chains having been touched by Rose

EoEp2 - the bunker door closes and the Doctor discovers Rose is on the wrong side
    Bazinga !

The end of Smith & Jones part 1...

All hell has broken loose - the rain's going up, and the hospital has disappeared. Cut to the interior of the hospital, all in disarray but now stilled. The Doctor picks himself up, and walks slowly to the window. He's joined by an attractive young trainee doctor, and together they reach out and pull back the curtains--

Cut to a looong shot, showing the hospital stuck on the lunar surface. Martha Jones: We're on the bloody moon!

And cue end titles!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    The end of Smith & Jones part 1...

All hell has broken loose - the rain's going up, and the hospital has disappeared. Cut to the interior of the hospital, all in disarray but now stilled. The Doctor picks himself up, and walks slowly to the window. He's joined by an attractive young trainee doctor, and together they reach out and pull back the curtains--

Cut to a looong shot, showing the hospital stuck on the lunar surface. Martha Jones: We're on the bloody moon!

And cue end titles!
    That's a really good one - a very 'episode one' of 'Enlightenment' style cliff-hanger!