Default Andy Williams RIP

Icon of easy listening Andy Williams has died of cancer at the age of 84.
    His Christmas shows back in the 60s and 70s were very popular with worldwide audiences, and a host of singles and albums were sold by the shedload, one of my personal favourites from 1965 is Almost There, but of course his status is legendary, Where Do I Begin, Solitaire, Happy Heart, Music To Watch Girls By, the list is endless. And he is also famous for introducing The Osmonds to the world

RIP Andy Williams

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19729630

I'm sure his recordings and songs will live on for many years to come as a fitting legacy.

RIP.

I heard this news on the radio yesterday. Upon asking my wife if she knew of the news she said, "who's he?", I then quoted the songs I know him for; As Time Goes By, Music To Watch Girls By, Can't Get Used to Losing You, Moon River, Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You & Unchained Melody (to which she replied "wasn't that the Everly Brothers?", she can be forgiven for that), she then said "Oh, that's a shame, those are good songs".

A great shame & not a nice way to go but at least he will be remembered for some classic songs & he did attain a good age.

R.I.P Andy. I'll remember you next time I watch As Time Goes By.

Just Youtube'd him & he made loads of songs that I didn't realise he made.
    Like Raindrops keep falling on my head, It's the most wonderful time of the year, Born Free, Impossible Dream & Sleigh Ride being notable tunes you may know.

You tube him again Tim, check out the song "Windy" which I've recently re-discovered by the original artists "The Association". It's a late sixties track which Andy covers well.