Default BF 164: Gods and Monsters

Has anyone else heard this? Wondered what you thought! To me, it felt epic and grand but a little bit over-egged. It seems to me that they've gone from good plot arcs over many years to, here, shoe-horning in as many references as possible and called it an arc. There's no way this was all planned since "Angel of Scutari".

The woman from "Protect and Survive" really had no reason to be here, and Moloch didn't even turn up, so it seems like she was only there to make play fit in with this particular trilogy.

I liked the ending, and there were plenty of twists and turns along the way, but it's nowhere near as good as "Death In The Family", the last play to "finally wrap up" the Hex story. I didn't like "Black and White" and all that pointless stuff in history, and the device of the talisman here was over-used, as Ace zipped from one place to another when the plot demanded. When it suited it that she didn't, we got the rather desperate invention of the talisman "needing to charge up". Lame writing.

I think this whole trilogy has been a bit of a let-down to be honest. But I bet they don't retweet that if I tell them.

If someone with mod powers and more time than me today likes, they could update the title, add a nice picture of the cover and put a link to this thread in the index thread.

Until then, I'd love to know what others thought about this story.

Si.
    Last edited by Richard Brinck-Johnsen; 1st Oct 2012 at 1:49 PM. Reason: Edited at poster's request.

I'm still about a year behind this but I hope I still find something to enjoy when I get to this trilogy...

My cd is faulty~! I am literally at the exciting finale and it stops playing. I sense the devious hand of something ancient and evil in all this.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

That's extremely annoying. Are you able to access the download version (assuming that you bought it via Big Finish)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    My cd is faulty~! I am literally at the exciting finale and it stops playing. I sense the devious hand of something ancient and evil in all this.
    Well I never did like you, dear.