Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Colin seems likeliest to have his 'era' completed first now, as with the new emphasis on completing seasons, an Attack/Revenge double pack could happen sooner, rather than later. Maybe they'll just hold back Twin Dilemma until 2012, rather than ToaTL?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It doesn't, but the logic of having to have one every so often so that fans of those eras arn't dissapointed is meaningless if after two years they arn't going to have any more to release anyway!
    But then the people they are trying to avoid disappointing won't have anything to be disappointed about because it will all be available. Otherwise they get all frustrated that The War Games is being held back until a greater proportion of the Pertwee and Tom Baker stories are out.

If you're going to make an effort to distribute them evenly, as they seem to want to do, then the best way to do it would be to have more Tom and Jon Pertwee releases.
    Agreed, if that is their intention.

Anyway, that has the whiff of something that someone will refute all afternoon until I suddenly realise I don't care anyway, so I shall not comment further. Those are my thoughts. Crush them beneath the heels of your scorn, if you wish.

Si.
    I hardly think that was necessary. I asked a perfectly straightforward question.

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Pip Madeley Guest

Then Robot is DEFINITELY going on eBay this weekend

(Pip loves Robot)

Just to answer an earlier point made by Si Hunt.....
    If you're going to make an effort to distribute them evenly, as they seem to want to do, then the best way to do it would be to have more Tom and Jon Pertwee releases.
    Some more comments have been posted by Steve Manfred of OG from the recent convention that Steve Roberts was at......
    More bits that came out of the Gally panels:

- I got the impression that the "Time Meddler" commentators' assembly problems weren't down to one particular person being unavailable but rather it was someone different each time
    - "Arc of Infinity"'s commentary is Peter Davison, Colin Baker, and Janet Fielding
    - 2|e are trying to get a year ahead of the game, and they're already close to it. (i.e. have the majority of the work done already on enough titles to fill a whole year's schedule... they want that much done so they can mix and match on the calendar)
    - The whole "balanced" schedule of rotating regularly through the different Doctors has been scrapped. Other issues will be given priority when deciding what to release and when.
    So there you have it. All change at 2|e!

Does anyone want to buy our American import VHS of "Robot"? It's in a slinky and impractical cardboard box and everything.

- The whole "balanced" schedule of rotating regularly through the different Doctors has been scrapped. Other issues will be given priority when deciding what to release and when.
    It's about time!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The whole "balanced" schedule of rotating regularly through the different Doctors has been scrapped. Other issues will be given priority when deciding what to release and when
    so i assume that means we could have a year when we see stories featuring only 2 Doctors getting released.

Well if they did continue to release stories from all the Doctors each year we'd be left with Pertwee & T.Baker stories, so yes I'm sure we will see a year when we only get stories from 2 Doctors.

No, this strategy means we definately *won't*. They're obviously intending to tip the balance SLIGHTLY (we might get a year without a Hartnell or a Colin, for example) so that the shorter eras last til the end. They're currently knocking out up to 12 stories a year - even Jon and Tom's eras would run dry before long if they were the only featured Doctors.

Si.

Well, the first 4 releases of 2007 cover 4 of the 7 Doctors. Do we think out of the remaining five 'slots' we'll see Pertwee (I do), Hartnell or Troughton (doubtful)?

I think they will definitely try & 'plug' already released seasons, then much later in the range do complete sets (like S11), as preparation on the KtT shows this is not out of the question.

- even Jon and Tom's eras would run dry before long if they were the only featured Doctors.

Si.

Some chance of running dry on the Pertwees at the moment - there's still 75% of the stories to come out yet.... at the current pace of 1 a year it should be completed in 2025 ....I wish they did run out

Pertwee has been remarkably short-changed. I can understand that they may want to upgrade the video quality of stories like The Daemons and The Mutants (MAY want to) which could lead to them being delayed. But there are plenty of stories in good enough condition, such as Day of The Daleks, that need to be released SOON!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

The next release to be announced may well be a Pertwee one...

If we assume that Key to Time will get a box set, and then again Espace will- that would be 9 T Baker stories out in 2 releases-which would even up his number considerably. I expect we probably will see them within the next couple of years.

That would also give us season 16 complete.
    Meglos to complete Season 18
    Battlefield to complete Season 26
    Ambassadors to Complete Season 7
    Revenge to complete Season 12
    A single Release for Season 23

Those would most lilkely be the first season to be made available if they want to do season box sets.

The next release to be announced may well be a Pertwee one...
    Or it might be a Baker. Or a Davison. Or "May to December" Series 3. Anything could happen.

Si.

I "predict" that the next two releases (ie.Robot & Timelash) will both be 'Special Edition' (not Vanilla releases).

So when are we going to get another vanilla? It was an open secret that Time Meddler was going to be if it had come out in March, so surely the one after Timelash has to be? There's plenty of scope for a vanilla Pertwee I'd say.....

I don't want a 'vanilla' release of anything. I like the extras.

Hmmm. We haven't had a Pertwee for over a year, so the next one should be a full release. How about a vanilla Hartnell next?

Si.

This discussion is starting to sound surreal to my ears. A vanilla Hartnell, a raspberry ripple Troughton, and a pistachio Pertwee please...

Pip Madeley Guest

Or it might be a Baker. Or a Davison. Or "May to December" Series 3. Anything could happen.

Si.
    Bit sarky today, aren't we?

I'm on the blob.

Si.

Bloody decorators.

Pip Madeley Guest

Less caffeine at work, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Raston View Post
    Ambassadors to Complete Season 7
    Eh? What about Doctor Who And The Silurians?