Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Next 2 DVD Releases...

...will be Robot and Timelash and May / June, according to Dr Who Online...

Two real classics then!

Pip Madeley Guest

Robot's definitely going on eBay this weekend...

I never bought Timelash on video. It sucks.

well if those are the next two releases after Survival I just can't begin to say how thoroughly underwelmed about it I am.

They are two titles that have been doing the rounds for a while now, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to find they're on the cards. I don't particularly dislike either of those - and, to be honest, given the comment by Perry Vale (I think) on the 2007 Rumours thread, to the effect that there would be a drive toward completing seasons, then neither title is that much of a surprise. Although if that is the case, then both Revenge, and Attack, of the Cybermen must be on the cards pretty soon too.

As with a lot of releases, the extras will probably make the releases that bit more exciting than you might think - I wouldn't be too surprised if they interviewed Tom about his first days in the role at the same time as they were interviewing him about his final days for the recent "Logopolis" release. As for "Timelash" it's a guilty pleasure of mine, and is one of very few videos I've held on to.

We shall see...

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    As with a lot of releases, the extras will probably make the releases that bit more exciting than you might think - I wouldn't be too surprised if they interviewed Tom about his first days in the role at the same time as they were interviewing him about his final days for the recent "Logopolis" release.
    Wasn't there also a Blue Peter broadcast from the sets of 'Robot' because of the annual scene-shifters' strike? Given that mutterings of a Season 12 box set were doing the rounds a couple of years ago, it wouldn't surprise me if the extras had been at least thought about in a back-of-a-fag-packet way- and if 'The Invasion' is anything to go by, Edward Burnham's still clinging on to his perch.

The BP from the set of Robot is already on one of the Tom DVDs, though I can't remember which! Possibly Talons, I'm not sure.

Robot will make a decent enough DVD, being Tom's first story should allow for plenty of extras - maybe even part 2 of The Unit Years that began in Inferno?

Timelash will probably be the first one I'll be waiting to get in the bargain bins though! A very surprsing release - even the video of it was released relatively recently, i.e. late on in the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    The BP from the set of Robot is already on one of the Tom DVDs, though I can't remember which! Possibly Talons, I'm not sure.

Robot will make a decent enough DVD, being Tom's first story should allow for plenty of extras - maybe even part 2 of The Unit Years that began in Inferno?

Timelash will probably be the first one I'll be waiting to get in the bargain bins though! A very surprsing release - even the video of it was released relatively recently, i.e. late on in the range.
    I'd be very supprised if it did some how "The UNIT Years" documentory just would not seem right on anything but a Pertwee release.

Wayne Guest

for Robot! I'll be getting that one!

A good one at long last from the coveted golden era

The only thing that worries me though is what happened to the regular May Pertwee release - I've been used to that for the last three years...

A Tom release is a much better idea, Ralph. Well... at least, the nose is a definite improvement.

Well I guess I'd certainly prefer this to The Mutants or Colony in Space....plus it is the closest to an almost Pertwee there is - in fact Jon's in this one albeit briefly!

Wobot might be the first release I don't buy!

Well now they are almost monthly, I don't see that slipping the odd crappun in will do any harm. And, yes, it means that Amazon can put all the Season 12 releases in a nice slipcase and sell them all over again.

Si.

Well, they can put them in a slipcase when Revenge is released anyway!

I'll happily watch both of these. I'll watch anything.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew T View Post
    ...will be Robot and Timelash and May / June, according to Dr Who Online...

Two real classics then!
    Robot on May 28th (the day before my birthday, thanks! )

Timelash on June 25th

(according to Doctor Who Online)

And apparently Time Meddler is not now coming out this year, as they couldn't get all the participants together.

So what Hartnell will replace it?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'm really quite pleased about these two! Robot is great fun, while Timelash is... anatomically interesting. As rubbish Who goes, it's a lot more fun than Time-flight.
    even the video of it was released relatively recently, i.e. late on in the range.
    That was still around 7 years ago, by my reckoning. Certainly enough time for the public to forget.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

On a slightly related note, 2|entertain want to hear what (OG) fans favourite dvd extras are on this thread......

http://www.gallifreyone.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=117145
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Do they still "have" to have a Hartnell, Colin etc. every now and then? To me, this is illogical as the eras are smaller. So if we keep on having a Colin every year or two, we're going to run out within the next few years and then there'll be nothing!

However, I love the Hartnell releases so I hope we get "The Ark" or "The Gunfighters". The latter would be nice - they could interview David Graham, Purves, Barron and Lane. It would be a documentary of dreams!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post
    and if 'The Invasion' is anything to go by, Edward Burnham's still clinging on to his perch.
    He was 90 at Christmas last year apparently.

I'd bet my granny's knickers they got a "Robot" interview in the can when they did him for "The Invasion".

Si.

I'm quite looking forward to Robot. It's only the tank that bothers me so all in all a good release.

Timelash is not a favourite of mine & only has a couple of redeeming features in it.

I'm looking forward to Robot as a treat & I'm looking forward to Timelash as a burden that needs to be shouldered.

I too would like to shoulder the burden of the two good things in Timelash.

Do they still "have" to have a Hartnell...
    Who knows now, but you need to keep a balance I think. If there are/were no other Hartnells planned for this year, then by the time the next one comes out there will have been a 2 year gap, at least. Another Troughton seems unlikely in the near future, so I'd expect another Hartnell, maybe The Chase?

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Do they still "have" to have a Hartnell, Colin etc. every now and then? To me, this is illogical as the eras are smaller. So if we keep on having a Colin every year or two, we're going to run out within the next few years and then there'll be nothing!
    Why does that matter? What difference does it make if we get all the Colin, Pat and Bill releases earlier rather than later?

It doesn't, but the logic of having to have one every so often so that fans of those eras arn't dissapointed is meaningless if after two years they arn't going to have any more to release anyway! If you're going to make an effort to distribute them evenly, as they seem to want to do, then the best way to do it would be to have more Tom and Jon Pertwee releases.

Anyway, that has the whiff of something that someone will refute all afternoon until I suddenly realise I don't care anyway, so I shall not comment further. Those are my thoughts. Crush them beneath the heels of your scorn, if you wish.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    That was still around 7 years ago, by my reckoning. Certainly enough time for the public to forget.
    It was January 1998...more than 9 years ago! How time flies...