Default BF 151: The Doomsday Quatrain

"When the river is gone, ships shall sail in the sky, monsters bring fire from the heavens. All will fall into a grey and endless sea, and Doomsday has come."

Florence, the sixteenth century. No one thought to pay much attention to the prophecies of the so-called seer Michel de Nostradame, otherwise known as Nostradamus. Until the canals of Venice dried. Until the soothsayer's sayings started coming true…

Because Master Nostradamus is right, in all respects. The end of the world is nigh. The ships are coming. The monsters are coming. The fire is coming. There's only one thing he didn’t see coming, in fact: the sudden apparition of a certain strange Doctor, in his even stranger TARDIS. Today, the Earth dies screaming. And all the Doctor can do is watch...
    So what did we think of this story?

Without wanting to give too much away I'm a little disappointed this wasn't more of a straight-forward historical caper although Nostradamus does make an interesting choice of one-off companion. I'm half way through at the moment. More thoughts when I've finished.

Not too shabby at all in the end although the chief administrator was a bit too OTT villainous at times (although that might be the pot calling the kettle black coming from me!).
    I wonder if there will be a pay off from the ending at some stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Not too shabby at all in the end although the chief administrator was a bit too OTT villainous at times (although that might be the pot calling the kettle black coming from me!).
    I wonder if there will be a pay off from the ending at some stage.
    There will indeed be a payoff young man - there's only room for one OTT villain around here!

Don't worry the ending involved a Nostradamus prophecy about the Doctor's future. The OTT villain was duly dealt with so your position as head villain of Planet Skaro is quite safe... well for now at least.