Default Special "Pond " Scene

I've just seen this on doctorwhotv. Apparently the BBC are releasing today a special scene involving the Doctor and Rory's Dad. The scene was written by Chris Chinball but was never shot and will be re-created using storyboards.

The BBC has revealed that a special Pond scene will premiere online tomorrow. The article states “we’ll discover more about Brian and the Ponds, post-Angels”.

More details:

Would Brian – and viewers – ever learn more about Amy and Rory’s life after the Doctor?

A special scene was written by Chris Chibnall that revealed some of the answers but sadly, the sequence was never shot. However, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be bringing you the scene tomorrow. Using animated storyboards and a voice-over specially recorded by Arthur Darvill, we’ll discover more about Brian and the Ponds, post-Angels.

It begins with Brian alone, doing what he once told the Doctor must be done – watering the plants. But his life is about to change forever…

Doctor Who’s Executive Producer, Caro Skinner, said, ‘We’re delighted we can present this lovely scene written by Chris Chibnall. People took Rory’s dad, Brian, to their hearts very quickly, so it’s fitting we can give the character a degree of closure in this poignant piece.’
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Everyone forgot to properly write Brian out on-screen but now you can see some pictures of it happening.

Amazing.

Si.

Could have all been fixed by a line for the Doctor exclaiming that he can never visit anyone related to the Ponds EVER AGAIN !!
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    Could have all been fixed by a line for the Doctor exclaiming that he can never visit anyone related to the Ponds EVER AGAIN !!
    But that would surely include River and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her.

I half expected it to be the Doctor knocking at Brian's door but I don't think he would do that.

I don't think anyone forgot about Brian. It's a deleted scene which wasn't recorded for various reasons. Personally I don't think it would have fitted in with the ending of the last episode and obviously would've spoiled it if it had been included in The Power of Three.

Hmm... I struggled to get through all four minutes of that.

Ah well!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh, I thought it was delightful, lovely. Perfect!

I so hope that makes it to the Complete Series Seven box set.

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. Southall View Post
    Oh, I thought it was delightful, lovely. Perfect!

I so hope that makes it to the Complete Series Seven box set.
    Totally agree on both counts. I had something in my eye after watching it. I can see why they didn't include it in the finished episodes but I'd very happy to see it in the special edition boxset when we finally get there!

I thought it was sweet and while I can see for stylish TV having that scene would have diminished the final scene with young Amy, DAMN IT I WANTED CLOSURE!

*ahem*

May I be among those who would like to see Brian back. I mean the Doctor can't go see the time-lost Ponds, but here's the non-time lost Williams just waiting for a spot of reminiscing over a pot of tea.

Or failing that I'll settle for "The Hand Drawn Adventures of Brian and Grandson"
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

It was good, touching in a way.
    I didn't expect the twist at the end.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

There was a twist at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Philip J Ludlam View Post
    It was good, touching in a way.
    I didn't expect the twist at the end.
    I think you need to watch 'Blink' again. It's been done before, sort of. Even so, I liked it. Good closure for Brian.

Yeah - I thought although it was a lovely scene, it was just too much a repeat of Blink sadly. Having had Brian say what he did the episode before, it really needed some form of closure.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Yes it was a repeat of the scene from Blink, I'm sure deliberately so, except that these were characters we really cared about.

That said I think the universe would have imploded if they'd actually filmed and broadcast it and introduced a canonical Doctor Who character called Anthony Williams...

Anthony Williams from across the Pond, surely?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Shh, keep that quiet!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Anthony Williams from across the Pond, surely?
    I'm Rory's brother, dontcha know? And like him, I married a feisty redhead from a foreign land!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Could you send the certain photos of your sister-in-law in the usual brown envelope please...