Default The Brian Williams Adventures

"Saving the Universe, one watered pot-plant at a time."

Upper Leadworth is where Brian Williams doesn't live! And it's a gateway to adventure. He's traveled the world but found that the strangest things live at home. There's aliens, monsters... he might have a boy genius in the attic, you never know! And his trusty trowel, Mr. Trowel.

Ready?

Nah, the British Public would never be ready for a Brian spin-off show.

He's just another supporting character who seems far more interesting than the actual companion we had at the time. Like Jacqui Tyler, Mrs Noble and Wilf, he's quirky and far more 'real' than the people who get to travel in the TARDIS.

So would two-and-a-half years of Brian have been better than Amy's Choices? Why wouldn't Brian work as a companion?

Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Yeah - and kind of a bit worrying the episode after promising to keep them safe, Amy and Rory send a message back to the Doctor ... but nothing gets passed back to Rory's Dad.

Yes Brian was a superb additional character, it's a shame we've only had him for so short a time.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

It's worth pointing out that The Power of Three didn't go into production until after The Angels Take Manhattan was in the can, and so Brian's importance as a character wouldn't have been established until Amy and Rory's exit was finalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Why wouldn't Brian work as a companion?
    Because you got his name wrong. It's Brian Pond....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Bring back Augustus Pond!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    Yeah - and kind of a bit worrying the episode after promising to keep them safe, Amy and Rory send a message back to the Doctor ... but nothing gets passed back to Rory's Dad.

Yes Brian was a superb additional character, it's a shame we've only had him for so short a time.
    Mike you did see this didn't you? But I agree it would've been nice to have that element of closure televised.

Well given we've had relatives of companions become companions themselves with Donna/Wilf (all be it for one adventure), I'd be for him popping back up. Anything to break the mould of the Doctor and the hot tottie travel in time! More men in the TARDIS is what we need!!!

(In a strictly platonic, back slapping kind of chap way!)
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical