Default Much Obliged, Doctor- Episode 2 available now!

Brendan Jones and Simon Hart star in

Doctor Who

Much Obliged, Doctor
    by Lissa Levesque

Has the Doctor committed murder?
    What's the secret of Pongo?
    Will Tom ever be himself again?
    Find and replace!

Download Part 2 of Much Obliged, Doctor now!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Downloaded now but as I have a shed load of reading to get done today I shall listen whilst I'm working tomorrow. Can't wait.

It's a classic.

A GODDAMNED CLASSIC I TELLS YER!!!!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Utterly brilliant - loving every minute of it, esp the performances I didn't hear at the recordings (and I can't work out who some of them are ).
    And a hugely for the production on this.

Hope everyone is loving the book-library arc of this season - almost like it was planned .......
    Bazinga !

THAT! WAS BRILLIANT!!

I loved it! Totally! I just couldn't help but smile all the way through. I thought it was some thing like the Land of fiction & was almost correct. It was The Mind Robber mixed with The War Games & it worked wonderfully.

As Jon said, a huge to writer & production for this.

I'm off for another listen to both episodes back to back.

I'm really pleased you both enjoyed it. After the slightly darker tales we've had it's great to have a more fun and lighter one to balance it out a bit more. Although I wasn't in it much, I really enjoyed my bits (especially the library rant, as you may have been able to tell!) and I think this is a very witty and fun script, with great production from Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    It's a classic.

A GODDAMNED CLASSIC I TELLS YER!!!!
    No arguments here! I'm not as familiar with Wodehouse as some so it took me a second listen to piece together part one and I appreciated it a lot more second time around but having a clearer idea what was going on I adored part two.
    So many great performances but I have to say that Brendan's final line brought a genuine lump to my throat!

Brendan played that last line really well. We actually ad libbed most of the last scene at the recording and I think it feels lovely and real.

So many great performances but I have to say that Brendan's final line brought a genuine lump to my throat!
    It's the jumping in point for the next story... where their friendship is tested to the limit!!!

So pleased to get good feedback on this one. If you enjoyed this story, then why not try 'Leave It To Psmith' by PG Wodehouse, or check out the forthcoming BBC adaptation 'Blandings' with Jennifer Saunders and Timothy Spall.

That Laurence Olivier was an absolute pig at the recording, I can tell you. Diva? You betcha.

On the other hand, it was a delight to have CyberChris in a PS Audio and we have a delightful turn from Gareth Johnson too. Not forgetting Andrew Clancy - my how we struggled to get those lines in the can! I can't remember why we had such problems... I think a page was missed at the main recording.

Once again, I filled in a few of the bit-parts... see if you can spot them!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh Mr Darcy!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

That was fantastic!

Brilliant performances - love all the accents - love the Jeeves & Wooster theme again and Steve's music cue towards the end of the episode.

Special mention has to go to Lissa who just writes the funniest lines!

"Report coming in from the Shakespear zone; I don't understand it" being one of my favourites!!!!

I'd forgotten that I had done most of the scene I was in.
    I wasn't at the main recording at all; I did the scene seperately one evening in Bracknell and sent a couple of lines in remotely a little while later.

I really can't fault this one at all - actually I did spot one possible error in the script (sorry) - there appears to be an inconsistency in the time the fire bell was suppossed to be rung and the time that it was actually rung - or did I misunderstand something?

Just brilliant - I'm loving this season!

The Doctor dropped the wink to Spode some time after he explained his plan. Spode, being a man of character, gave the Doctor the nod and thanked the Doctor for tipping him off.

And they spent so much time doing all this that they had to re-arrange the time for the fire bell to go off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    The Doctor dropped the wink to Spode some time after he explained his plan. Spode, being a man of character, gave the Doctor the nod and thanked the Doctor for tipping him off.

And they spent so much time doing all this that they had to re-arrange the time for the fire bell to go off.

If I didn't know better; I'd think you were making that up!!!

Marvelous Episode

Top class and Tinkety-Tonk

I want to live in The Wodehouse Zone - please Sir!! I loved the character of Pongo. Was that young Alex doing that part?

And yes, Tom's library rant was a classic. It's as if you've been storing that speech up for years Si

I love the idea of The Doctor being able to literally sniff out time zone barriers.

Well done to Lissa for the script and Steve for the brilliant sound design. You've produced another corker guys

Just listened to Much Obliged, Doctor. Just one complaint; you didn't have the Empress of Blandings!! Or Flashman!! Oh, that's two complaints. All the same, jolly good show! 8/10

There were so many extra characters we could have put in if we'd had more time. Flashman would have been brilliant!

Glad you enjoyed it though! It's one of my favourites.

Now with added working link
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge