Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I suspect it may just be something for an extra feature on the Tenth Planet release.

Doubt very much we'll get a full animation of Power...

Maybe the clips are just teasers like the animated Invasion trailer with the Cybermen in the rain and the actual thing will be more Who like.

Maybe they really HAVE found some episodes from Power and are animating the rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Phew, I'm not alone. I mean, I quite like the idea of animating missing episodes of partly-existing stories, as long as they keep the visuals similarish (a la The Invasion and, as far as you can tell from the clips, Reign of Terror) - but why animate something with very little similarity to the original, which the Power pic above would seem to suggest? Maybe I'm a bit thick, but I just don't get it?

have to agree with you I don't mind a couple of episodes being animated but 6 animated episodes is not some I;d be to keen on.

I would! I think.it'd be really interesting tp remake s story from scratch, full colour, 16:9 with the original soundtrack. Could be very cool indeed.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'd give my right ear for the whole of Daleks Masterplan animated!

Si.

I'd love to see every episode animated, but I'd prefer it all like Reign of Terror & Invasion. Possibly with the option of viewing the remaining episodes/clips along with the action.

I suspect that IF there is to be a full animation of Power of the Daleks, then it will be in (more or less) the same style as The Reign of Terror, with the fact that the clips on the showreel are in colour 16:9 more an indication of the fact that the animators pretty much have to work that way because that's how their tools are set up (Reign will probably have been animated in colour 16:9 and readjusted afterwards). A Power release would probably include both versions, because the fact that it doesn't have to tie-in with any extant b&w episodes means that for those who'd quite like to experience the 16:9 colour version, there's no real reason not to include it.

J.R, you're making my mouth water.

I just hope it's really happening. A lot of people have suggested the images were simply made for the showreel in the hope that a Power animation might eventually, one day, get picked up.

BUT.

That would seem rather an expense to go to on the never-never to me, and past experience (of the Power trailer Cosgrove Hall once made) also suggests that those responsible for putting the showreel together wouldn't have included such mouthwatering stuff if there wasn't going to be a pay-off on it. Both Planet 55 and the BBC know the kind of backlash they'll get if they tease us with Power animation and don't subsequently deliver (ditto The Tenth Planet).

So although the reality of it is obviously in the balance, I'm more inclined to believe there'll be something rather than nothing.

Now, others have speculated it might simply be an animation of the first episode showing "what happens next" to go on The Tenth Planet release, quoting the "two-episode" rule (as mentioned by Dan Hall), or perhaps even a 30-minute cut-down animation of the whole story. But the people who've suggested that don't seem to really understand this mythical "two-episode rule"; it's not about length, it's about expense. And two episodes of different stories would be vastly more expensive to animate than two episodes of the same story, so any such "two-episode rule" wouldn't hold water.

No, my suspicion is that budgets have been balanced and an experiment is going to take place, and the result of that experiment will (hopefully!) be a fully-animated, six-part Power of the Daleks.

Now watch me be wrong!

Five enhanced Special Editions, a ‘reimagination’ and the first classic Doctor Who Blu-ray are amongst titles confirmed for release in 2013.

The Third Doctor’s first adventure, Spearhead from Space - which sees him battle the Autons and their masters, the Nestene Consciousness - will be released on Blu-ray in July. Due to industrial action, Spearhead is the only adventure of the 1963-89 run of the series to be made entirely on location film, which can be upscaled to Blu-ray HD.

June sees the long-awaited DVD debut of classic Fourth Doctor adventure Terror of the Zygons, with a extra sequences added to episode one; alongside gritty Third Doctor story The Mind of Evil, restored to full colour glory for the first time since the 1970s.

In August The Ice Warriors will be released, with the missing episodes two and three reconstructed using soundtrack and images, as on the 1998 VHS release.

And there will be further special editions of The Ark in Space, The Aztecs, The Visitation, Inferno and The Green Death, all of which were released early on in the Doctor Who DVD programme and missed out on improved remastering techniques and expanded special features.

The release schedule so far:

February 25: The Ark in Space: Special Edition
    March 11: The Aztecs: Special Edition (plus Galaxy 4 reconstruction)
    May 6: The Visitation: Special Edition
    May 27: Inferno: Special Edition
    June 3: The Mind of Evil
    June 24: Terror of the Zygons
    July 15: Spearhead from Space Blu-Ray
    August 5: The Green Death: Special Edition
    August 26: The Ice Warriors
    September 16: Scream of the Shalka

(Note: these are Region 2 dates, Region 1 releases are normally a few days later. All dates are provisional and subject to change.)

From: http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/ar...gn=dvdschedule

No animation for The Ice Warriors

Scream of the Bleedin' Shalka

My thoughts exactly! That'll be the only BBC Doctor Who release I never own.

I don't follow such matters closely these days, but I thought the range was going to be complete for the 50th anniversary? Is that still the case?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

The only things unaccounted for are The Tenth Planet and the recovered Underwater Menace episode, so they could easily be done and dusted by November.

They should never release those two just to annoy us.

They should put TUM:2 as an extra on Shalka.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    They should never release those two just to annoy us.
    On top of the way they handled Shada for instance?

It's a year of cash ins and shit for the 50th! Hurrah!

Si.

And still no Curse of Fatal Death on the horizon. Will I be stuck with the VHS on my shelf for all eternity!?

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Yes.

Damn. Still think it's more worthy of a release than Scream of the Wretched Shalka.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Well yes indeed. Maybe they'll pop it on the DVD as a bonus extra or something.

It could be an extra on next years re-issue of Spearhead From Space

Si.